• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Since Best Buy "leaked"(prolly a mistake but still) Brain Age and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for the Wii U I was asking myself:

Is it possible to just release a 3DS addon for the Wii U lik we had for the Snes/GC back in the days?

Would that even possible since the resolution of the 3DS is really low compared to the Wii U resolution?

Wouldn't that much easier instead op porting every game? Ofcourse it wouldn't look much better without Wii U's effects.

That could be a way to boost Wii U sales and would give the Wii U a bigger library (Wii/3DS/WiiU).

I don't think it would hurt the 3DS, since people will still need a 3DS to play those games on different places/on the road.

What do you guys think?

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

I doubt it. I'm sure Nintendo built the Wii U and 3DS in mind with being able to interact with each other without the need of an addition peripheral.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

I don't think the 3DS can be used as a gamepad. But it could be possible to support it. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but there could be games that use the 3DS as private screens for each user, with the Wii U acting as a overhead display. The Wii U could offload rendering work to the 3DS's GPUs, so the overhead on the man system is reduced.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

who cares?

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

who cares?

you do nig.

you posted in here.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Make the 3DS a controller, you have four screens in total. NINTENDO 4DS?!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

I don't think the 3DS can be used as a gamepad. But it could be possible to support it. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but there could be games that use the 3DS as private screens for each user, with the Wii U acting as a overhead display. The Wii U could offload rendering work to the 3DS's GPUs, so the overhead on the man system is reduced.

With the 3DS add-on I don't mean that the 3DS would be used as a gamepad, but that you could play 3DS games on your Wii U (TV + Gamepad, since 3DS games uses 2 screen, like the Wii U do right now). :)

Kinda like we had a Super GB player to play Gameboy games on the Snes:

tumblr_ma3hx45dNl1qb5la9o1_500.jpg

Edited by namkotje, 20 October 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Nah, Just buy a 3DS.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 Jason777123

Jason777123

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

I've actually been wondering myself why they haven't come out with this yet. I was always confused as to why they didn't come out with a DS player for the Wii as well (I assumed it was because the Wii wasn't powerful enough), but with the Wii U's gamepad and extra power, a DS/3DS player would be a perfect match. You could have the top screen on the TV and the bottom screen on the gamepad. I mean it's even a touch screen! I feel like Nintendo is going to come out with this eventually, it would be a huge missed opportunity if they didn't. The Wii U's definitely powerful enough to add anti-aliasing as well to smooth out the pixels.

Edited by Jason777123, 20 October 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#10 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Nah, Just buy a 3DS.

Funny since I already got one.

But I wouldn't mind to play 3DS games on a big screen like I did back in the days with GB games on the Snes, even I played them on my GB also.

Edited by namkotje, 20 October 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#11 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

With the 3DS add-on I don't mean that the 3DS would be used as a gamepad, but that you could play 3DS games on your Wii U (TV + Gamepad, since 3DS games uses 2 screen, like the Wii U do right now). :)

Kinda like we had a Super GB player to play Gameboy games on the Snes:

There was something similar with the Gamecube/GBA.  

who cares?

Why be a jerk?  Just skip the thread if you think it's dumb

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#12 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

I'd be pretty disorienting. Quite a few 3DS/DS games require you to be looking at both screens at the same time, and some require you to rotate the 3DS.

Edited by grahamf, 20 October 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#13 Jason777123

Jason777123

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'd be pretty disorienting. Quite a few 3DS/DS games require you to be looking at both screens at the same time, and some require you to rotate the 3DS.

You know, I didn't even think about the gyroscope, but the gamepad does have one as well. They could have an option to have both screens on the TV for those types of games (you would still use the gamepad for the bottom screen's stylus controls/gyroscope). It might actually make the gyroscope games much easier to play, because you could just move the gamepad and look at the TV. It would be kind of tricky to do, but certainly far from impossible.

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

idgi, are you asking for a 3d screen for the upad?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

idgi, are you asking for a 3d screen for the upad?

Why would the Gamepad need a 3D screen when it is acting as the bottom screen?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

Why would the Gamepad need a 3D screen when it is acting as the bottom screen?

Then why would it need anything?

PORTS ARE IN EXISTENCE WITHOUT ANY WORK FROM THE PLATFORM HOLDER FOR ABOUT 90 YEARS.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

My only point is this:

wiiu3ds2_zps6f449609.jpg

Nintendo has done it twice in the past, why can't they do it again for a 3rd time? :)

And I really don't see any negative point about it.

Edited by namkotje, 27 October 2013 - 05:12 AM.

#18 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

Wouldn`t mind!

Don`t know if - from what some say - the graphics would look worse, but if not it could be a bonus for those who own both systems.

#19 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

I'm not a tech guy, so not sure it all would work. But shouldn't the Wii U have enough power to (pre)render those games to 1080p? :)

#20 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

I'm not a tech guy, so not sure it all would work. But shouldn't the Wii U have enough power to (pre)render those games to 1080p? :)

If not, then they could probably do what they did with the Super Gane Boy and make the add-on the actual 3DS hardware without the screens, Streetpass, buttons, etc. and just get the bare minimum.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3DS, addon, Wii U

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!