Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

This isn't much of a review, more of what the game is like and what I thought about it.

Just finished Sonic: Lost World, My thoughts? It's... Ok.
The levels and graphics look amazing, the design on the levels with stuff like candy and terrain look stunning. The Music is great (there's one level with an AMAZING track to it, loved it), the controls work fine, no idea what reviewers were complaining about, the only time they failed is when I kept running up a wall I didn't want to run up, although it's my fault for holding the button in.

BUT... The levels themselves... meh, the 2D levels are fun, kinda almost exactly like colours just with gravity stuff in it. The 3D levels tho, they feel the same in every world, just different things stuck in different places. There wasn't much variety in the 3D levels as I hoped, there were only about 2-3 3d levels I enjoyed playing, the rest felt the same as the last. Although they are quite hard, a simple mistake and you're dead, a few mistakes and it's game over since there's not many lifes in this game. Definitely not as generous as Mario games.

The worst part about this game is the bosses... For crying out loud they are some of the easiest bosses in gaming history, each only only lasted about 5-10 seconds long, and if it didn't it was because you had to wait a while before you could hit them.

The story is pretty much how recent Sonic games story has gone, not too detailed but enough to keep you curious.

So... ya, I'm probably just going to sell this game tomorrow, there's no replay ability, sure there are different paths in the levels but it doesn't change much, just different paths, If you're thinking of buying this game, the 2D parts are a lot like Sonic Colours 2D parts, but the 3D parts let the game down for me a little.

SPOILER ALERT for those who don't want to be spoiled. Hense why i've placed it in the spoiler part.

Spoiler

Edited by Chrop, 23 October 2013 - 02:59 PM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#2 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • NNID:A-Leal

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for the heads up!I have my copy coming in the mail, Sonic Lost World does look like a fun game.

A-Leal.png Nintendo Network ID: A-Leal 

#3 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

The easy bosses is my only problem with the game. Apart from that it is very fun.

#4 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Easy bosses- sign me up!  I suck at beating bosses.  Was thinking about getting Wii U Party or this.... Leaning towards this.

#5 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Spoiler

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#6 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

Worth 65$?

#7 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Spoiler

Sonic is a Saiyan?

LOL

Looks a little goku-ish...

Edited by Socalmuscle, 23 October 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#8 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Worth $65?

$65... honetly it depends on if you like Sonic games, If you've never played one then it's risky. But hey! You can always sell it again.

Edited by Chrop, 23 October 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#9 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Worth 65$?

Where is it $65? Gamestop lists it for $50.

#10 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Where is it $65? Gamestop lists it for $50.

could be different country, some places are more expensive than others.

#11 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

I'll give it a rent.

794144.png?13383682

#12 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

Wii U has so many good games that i will play in the drought Q1 next year.

#14 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#15 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Wii U has so many good games that i will play in the drought Q1 next year.

lol "Drought"

#16 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

lol "Drought"

it will happen....

#17 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

I don't think it's horrible, but not amazing. I'll just list off some stuff I didn't like, since there's still more good than bad.

- Momentum is screwy, jumping kills your momentum. But I've gotten used to it.

- There's been some times (not too much to say it's game ruining), but running is also the button to run up walls. So sometimes you might run up a wall by accident while running.

- Bosses are way too easy, some can even be beaten in seconds.

That's about it really, I'm still enjoying the game. It can actually can difficult in some spots, and the cutscenes are fun. Getting S ranks can be a challenge, they require you to sniff out the best short cuts. Overall, I think it's a good game. Not as good as Generations (haven't played the Wii version of Colors so I can't compare to that)., but it's not mediocre like the reviews are claiming.

Edited by Firejonie, 29 October 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#18 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

I wonder if I should get this on my 3ds b/c it's cheaper..... or wait for the price to come down and get it on the Wii U?  Or wait for it to get below $30 on the 3ds......

I don't think it's horrible, but not amazing. I'll just list off some stuff I didn't like, since there's still more good than bad.

- Momentum is screwy, jumping kills your momentum. But I've gotten used to it.

- There's been some times (not too much to say it's game ruining), but running is also the button to run up walls. So sometimes you might run up a wall by accident while running.

- Bosses are way too easy, some can even be beaten in seconds.

That's about it really, I'm still enjoying the game. It can actually can difficult in some spots, and the cutscenes are fun. Getting S ranks can be a challenge, they require you to sniff out the best short cuts. Overall, I think it's a good game. Not as good as Generations (haven't played the Wii version of Colors so I can't compare to that)., but it's not mediocre like the reviews are claiming.

#19 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Wii U version looks amazing, sounds amazing, but is only slightly above-average. Doesn't matter to me, since I'm such a huge Sonic fan that I'm okay with my purchase. The controls are strange, but I'm getting the hang of it. The 3DS version so far has the better controls I think. The levels are more open in the 3DS version, and not as linear. The bosses are disappointing though. Overall, I'd give it a 7.2 out of 10. Not as good as Colours or Generations, but still pretty good. The next game to use this gameplay style will be better, just as Colours was with the Boost gameplay. 

#20 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

Maybe they'll come outmwithnanpstch for an expert mode or something that makes it a lot harder. I still kinda want this game

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sonic, Lost, World

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!