• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

This X1000000. The only reason besides kinect and skype integration that im getting xbox one over ps4

im not paying over 600 for halo. + games below the avridge of sonys+nintendos exclusives.

#22 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

Not to be rude but your making fun of me supporting the Xbox One but your pic is wii party u. Im pro Nintendo and love my Wii U but I don't get why your being negative towards my consumer decision.

I am sorry, I am not trying to be rude.

I have always hated the Xbox Series. Nintendo has been my favourite, and I play Sony consoles. Basically saying, the Xbox One is not as powerful as PS4, its more expensive and its probably one of the most hated consoles out there, I mean have you seen the reviews.

I respect your decision but it may not be worth the cost.

#23 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

I am sorry, I am not trying to be rude.
I have always hated the Xbox Series. Nintendo has been my favourite, and I play Sony consoles. Basically saying, the Xbox One is not as powerful as PS4, its more expensive and its probably one of the most hated consoles out there, I mean have you seen the reviews.
I respect your decision but it may not be worth the cost.

I'm a Nintendo fan boy but I say if you hav to get a second console, then get an xbox1 it has many features and completely redid their controller (all Sony did was put a stupid touch pad on it ), it has all the kinect features which are pretty cool if this Nintendo fanboy says so himself lol. It connects everything in your living room like Nintendo tried to do and you get a blurayplayer. It will he my second consol if i decide to get on.e

#24 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

but xbone actually has games an ps4 doesnt...

http://www.ign.com/w...4_Launch_Titles I count 32 titles for PS4.

http://www.ign.com/w...e_Launch_Titles I count 21 titles for Xbone.

Feel free to tell me if there's anything missing from those lists.

I'm a Nintendo fan boy but I say if you hav to get a second console, then get an xbox1 it has many features and completely redid their controller

They completely redid their controller? Alright, let's check that out.

Xbone Controller.

Spoiler

Xbox 360 controller

Spoiler

Oh, yes. The completely redoneness is just washing over me like rain from a drippy faucet.

all Sony did was put a stupid touch pad on it ) Which I could actually see having some form of use.

it has all the kinect features which are pretty cool If by "cool" you mean "only really works with dancing games", you'd be right.

if this Nintendo fanboy says so himself lol. Right.

It connects everything in your living room like Nintendo tried to do Because switching sources on the TV was such a burden before.

and you get a blurayplayer. Something the PS4 also does! Yuttah!

It will he my second consol if i decide to get one.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#25 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

When are people going to realize that the the PS4/XB1 aren't going to be these gigantic powerhouses that are pumping out every game at 1080p and 60fps? 

What are you getting this gen in terms of graphics? CoD arm hair and dogs. 

cod-ghosts-6-610x343.jpg

pNgecl.gif

#26 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

GRAPHICS 

GRAPHICS 

GRAPHICS 

GRAPHICS 

GRAPHICS 

GRAPHICS 

GRAPHICS 

GRAPHICS 

GRAPHICS 

What's a gameplay?

794144.png?13383682

#27 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

sup bar graphics.

lol'd 

Also, I do expect games to run in higher resolutions later on. Games weren't even HD when last gen launched I think. I hope they'll succeed tho, because a lot of 360 games look..  not really HD.

If we couldn't say that last year, they don't get to say it now.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#28 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

Apparently Call of Duty Ghosts and Titan Fall (Winner of over 60 E3 awards) will both run at native 720p only to be upscaled to 1080p. I hate upscale. My Xbox 360 does this for my 1080p television right now and it almost never ever looks good. There are tons of jaggies and tons of texture issues like with GTA V when I drive fast the textures go crazy and disappear and pop in and out.

Pop-in has nothing to do with upscaling. Other than that I'm just as confused as you are. Shouldn't these all-powerful next-gen consoles be able to out-res the Wii U?

It could be all the sh!t they're multitasking, with recording software and other apps running in the background. They've basically become PC's.

When are people going to realize that the the PS4/XB1 aren't going to be these gigantic powerhouses that are pumping out every game at 1080p and 60fps? 

What are you getting this gen in terms of graphics? CoD arm hair and dogs. 

And dirt under the CoD hands' fingernails.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#29 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

Don't worry about that, games will eventually get better. I mean, what have you expected? The jump from 720p to 1080p native is really big, they have to take baby steps first. If you have GTA IV on your XBOX, you can easily see what I mean by comparing it with the recent one.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#30 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

If we couldn't say that last year, they don't get to say it now.

Are you referencing to Wii U naysayers that never expected good graphics on the console, and the fact that the same people are now using the same excuse to stay optimistic about the other next gen consoles?

No sig.

#31 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

Are you referencing to Wii U naysayers that never expected good graphics on the console, and the fact that the same people are now using the same excuse to stay optimistic about the other next gen consoles?

Yes.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#32 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

But my understanding is that the Wii U is capable of a lot more than current games as developers learn the platform, while XBone and PS4 is already familiar to developers so they should get nearly maximum potential out of it at launch?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#33 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

But my understanding is that the Wii U is capable of a lot more than current games as developers learn the platform, while XBone and PS4 is already familiar to developers so they should get nearly maximum potential out of it at launch?

What happens when the "next, next gen" systems come out and devs don't want to bother learning the platform?

#34 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

What happens when the "next, next gen" systems come out and devs don't want to bother learning the platform?

Then we won't get games ever again. Learning the platform is obligatory.

No, there's absolutely no way ANY console will be "near maximum potential" at launch. I don't even think there's an absolute "maximum potential", developers will just keep learning new ways to cheat in better graphics.

Edited by Molester Man, 27 October 2013 - 02:20 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#35 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

The new consoles are familliar being PC based, but if you write for them like a PC you only get the performance you would of a similarly specced PC.

What WON'T happen at launch is games being optimised heavily for the consoles specific architecture, which is where the big changes happen compared to a similar PC.  The buses, latencies, bandwidths, are totally different, so if you write a game based on PC bottlenecks you will get very little of the potential maximum performance.  The game engines need to be completely optimised for the consoles and that takes time AFTER the final console specifications have been set, which was relatively recently.

This is one reason Microsoft keeps going on about a "balanced system" (while forgetting this is also what Nintendo ALWAYS do in their consoles). 

A PC however is NEVER balanced for gaming, it always has bottlenecks due to the millions of different hardware configurations you can have.  All you can ever really do is throw as much hardware at the problem as possible and hope the game you are playing doesn't hit those bottlenecks too badly. 

This is why the next-gen consoles are not as underpowered as people think they are.  Just look at GTA V on current-gen, who ever thought those consoles could pull off a game like that?  The streaming used must be insanely efficient to move data through 256MB of RAM so well, but its also why I fear the Wii U will continue to struggle as those consoles have HDDs to suppliment the streaming bandwidth and IO of an optical drive, the Wii U does not have that luxury.  The PS3 struggles to keep up even when streaming from a HDD which should be FAR more efficient than the Wii U optical drive.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 27 October 2013 - 02:34 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#36 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

Hilarious......

Because you're totally going to notice a 180p difference while frantically mowing down zombies or completing your bajillionth QTE.

#37 Kirby

Kirby

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft Nintendo

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

Good. XBOX 1 SUCKZ

kirby_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

#38 AgentSpyglass

AgentSpyglass