Photo

Games Just Arn't As Fun on Non-Nintendo systems.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

POPULAR

Am I alone in this thought? Say NFS: MW vs NFS: MWU, or ACIII. I just find games funner on Nintendo, maybe because of the gamepad, ok thats probably it. But does anyone else feel this way? I could just play a game on the xbox but I don't seem to have as much if any fun.

Stupid Snowmads!

#2 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

To be honest I prefer the Xbox remote over the game pad but I do enjoy playing with the pad simply because the small features it gets and the web browser is awesome.

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'm neutral on this. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Happyfrank

Happyfrank

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

I like wii gamepad more compared to ps3 black ops 2.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Nintendo's own games and exclusives third parties make on them are more fun than most other games on consoles, but anything else I'd disagree with.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

I prefer game pad :)

#7 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

It's the gamepad. The maps, inventory, and everything else is what makes it better. 

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

only for select games. but most dont really matter.

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

That's what I find. Games on other platforms seem to always be too serious. I had an Xbox 360 but pretty much only used it as a WMC extender until I sold it. Sony has some pretty good exclusives though. LittleBigPlanet is way up there with the Nintendo Greats, and Sly Cooper and Ratchet & Clank are also good; though not as blissfully fun. Ni No Kuni is supposed to be also good, but the demo is rainbow so I couldn't get a handle of it.

Fat Princess is supposed to also be good, but it's kind of a mmorpg and not so much fun single-player.

Edited by grahamf, 26 October 2013 - 08:16 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#10 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

I agree. I've played other games on non-nintendo systems and been surprisingly disappointed, even when the games got stellar reviews.

Could it be Nintendo magic?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#11 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

It is fun but would be 10 times better if wii u had party chat.

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

Uh...I can't say this is true for me whatsoever.

I've been having a great deal of fun with various series (Resident Evil, Katamari, Gravity Rush, etc) off of Nintendo systems lately.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

I think my views are very similar to GC's... I have been playing more non-Nintendo games lately. (With the exception of X/Y.)

The Last of Us, GTAV, Metal Gear... a lot of the games I've bought lately have been PS3 games.

#14 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

If the game specifically takes advantage of the unique abilities that the console has (e.g. Wii U Gamepad) then sure but if not then no.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#15 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Stop praising Nintendo for the achievements of other game developers. If a game is fun, it's because the game was well made, not because it was on Nintendo's console.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#16 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Molester, Nintendo kind of does deserve the praise. They have been able to foster an environment that supports such fun games. Other consoles foster a hyperrealism environment where developers compete on very specific metrics, instead of being able to make an all-around fun game that's enjoyable to play.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#17 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

It's the gamepad. The maps, inventory, and everything else is what makes it better. 

I think GTA V would definitely be improved on the GamePad, but then again that would work just as well if they just released an app for my phone to do that too.  I don't necessarily need a screen ON the GamePad, it would be more useful to position it between the GamePad and the TV for me.

Overall though, I find the Xbox 360 controller more comfortable than the GamePad.  Also the lack of analog triggers on the GamePad is a huge deal.  I still think the Gamecube controller was the most comfortable for me, if only it didn't have those silly notches in the analog controls.

All things considered, I definitely do not find things more fun on Nintendo.  But then I have never been a Nintendo fan, Gamecube was my first Nintendo console and while then had Wii and Wii U, they get little use.  I also had Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS and 3DS - all but the latter I felt were hugely flawed (as I had first generation of them without backlights).

Then again I had PSP and that was incredibly flawed too.  The consoles I most highly rate are Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox and Xbox 360.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 27 October 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#18 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Molester, Nintendo kind of does deserve the praise. They have been able to foster an environment that supports such fun games. Other consoles foster a hyperrealism environment where developers compete on very specific metrics, instead of being able to make an all-around fun game that's enjoyable to play.

They deserve the praise for the achievements of other game devs because they market their consoles primordially to kids? I don't really understand what you're trying to say here. No console would deny a fun game.

Edited by Molester Man, 27 October 2013 - 02:05 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#19 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Stop praising Nintendo for the achievements of other game developers. If a game is fun, it's because the game was well made, not because it was on Nintendo's console.

That's not totally true..Sure Nintendo doesn't deserve ALL the praise, but most people are saying that the reason they find it more fun is because the of the gamepad. It was Nintendo that was creative enough to envision that gamepad, and it was also nintendo that developed and invested in that vision. They still deserve some of the credit for seeing the potential of the gamepad.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#20 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

I  thought Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, Kid Icarus Uprising, Fire Emblem Awakening, etc were very fun. I just haven't had the same enjoyment with my recent Xbox 360 games such as Tomb Raider, Lost Planet 3, Dead Space 3, DMC, Bioshock Infinite, etc. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!