Photo

Anyone else still unsure what console to get? (Xbone or PS4)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

Out of the two I'd go PS4, but I'm on this forum so you know what I already chose.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#22 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

Looking at the latest BF4 video of Xbone vs PS4 its pretty clear how with more power and cheaper price the PS4 will be the console to buy.

BF4 Xbone = 720p

BF4 PS4 = 900p

Or don't bother with either and go gaming pc.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#23 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

Nope. I'm picking up the Xbox One.

#24 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

Consoles suck.

iPhone gaming rulez.

#25 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

PS4, Sonys exclusives are awesome.

#26 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Going with just the Wii U for the foreseeable future.  I might eventually like a PS4 though, if I get one as a gift or it becomes more affordable to have multiple consoles.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#27 Lykes

Lykes

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

A colleague at work is trying to convince me of buying a Xbox One. I actually like the really clunky, video recorder-like design but "wasting" 500,-€ just for a console that doesn't even gives me a game I'm interested in? No way. The Xbox One may be used as a multimedia center for gaming, movies and music, but this doesn't really convince me.
Quite the same with the PlayStation 4. "Knack" looks really cool and I'm a fun of such games, but what else? After "The Last Of Us" and just buying a console worth 300,-€ for one game is no good investment, I think. So - just for "Knack" spending 400,-€ on a console? nope.

So, I'll be the only one in Germany leaving the local electronics store with a Wii U instead of a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. And this imagination is quite amusing!

Conclusion: Neither PS4 nor Xbox One - just leaving my money in Nintendo's pockets!

Do you read me? Are you prepared?

HOW LONG WILL YOU SURVIVE?

#28 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

I hope they continue the LittleBigPlanet series...

Edited by grahamf, 29 October 2013 - 10:48 AM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#29 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Yeah some good points in here.

Considering the PS4 is already a step up so far in multiplats vs Xbone, I am convinced exclusives will look much better in the future too. Obviously we haven't seen what the Bone is capable of either but still.

Another factor for me is the controllers. Which do you think would be more comfortable and accurate?

#30 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Another factor for me is the controllers. Which do you think would be more comfortable and accurate?

It's a matter of preference. I've played with the DualShock controller for years and years, so naturally I'd be more used to the controller. Switching to an XBox controller would be silly, at least for me.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#31 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

Im getting xbox one in the comparison videos of the xbox one and ps4 version of battlefield 4 I actually think the xbox 1 version looks better it has more color were as the ps4 version seems really dark looking.  will get ps4 when infamous comes out but theres more launch games I'm interested in on the one compared to the ps4.

Edited by angelo07stang, 29 October 2013 - 03:55 PM.

Posted Image

#32 SirSlifer

SirSlifer

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • NNID:SirSlifer

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

I'm looking at the PS4 because of Kingdom Hearts; but only because there's nothing I particularly have to have releasing as an exclusive to the Xbone. The PS4 is cheaper & the fact that I've always been a SONY supporter maybe part of it too. :P Also; I don't plan to get the PS4 on launch day. I'm going to wait for it to go down further in price before I think about investing in one in about two to three years down the line when there's a good LONG list of games that have been released for it.
cloud.jpg

#33 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

I have a Wii U but if I were to get another console, which I am not, I would get PS4! Xbox One is a utter disgrace!

#34 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

Sony also planned the same DRM policies but changed their minds when they saw the reaction to the x1 reveal. Microsoft should have held off on that reveal until after Sony did it, or left it until the last minute possible.

I thought that too but it seems unlikely seeing as Xbox One needs a day-one firmware to remove that DRM and PS4 does not. 

Bearing in mind Microsoft are the ones with the most software experience, it seems unlikely the PS4 had the same restrictions but was able to have it already fixed in the stock firmware when Microsoft could not.

Im getting xbox one in the comparison videos of the xbox one and ps4 version of battlefield 4 I actually think the xbox 1 version looks better it has more color were as the ps4 version seems really dark looking.  will get ps4 when infamous comes out but theres more launch games I'm interested in on the one compared to the ps4.

The look of it in videos should NOT be used as a basis for which to purchase.  Its going to look completely different on your TV.

I also do not understand why you think the PS4 version is dark when all reviews say its the Xbox One version that crushes the blacks and if anything the PS4 version looks a bit washed out in comparison.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#35 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

Neither at the moment. I got my fill of shoot em up games this gen and when you take those out of the equation, neither of these consoles are offering up much at the moment. Especially not at those prices, pay to play online, and no backwards compatibility.

I don't even have the money, but if I did I'd probably go with building a gaming PC and just skip both consoles. 

pNgecl.gif

#36 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

Wii U, but if i had to pick one of those... i would pick ps4 over xbox one.

Posted Image

#37 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

Nope. Microsoft quickly, and permanantly switched my early outlook on what console I was going to get to ps4. And i wont be making the mistake kf getting two consoles with 99.99% of the same library again (this gen was such garbage) so its ps4 and wii u for me.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#38 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

For those who wish to get xbox one, I would suggest them to take a break for a while, wait till the new CEO of Microsoft get elected.

Today articles  :  http://gearnuke.com/...x-hes-made-ceo/

and that is baaaadddd.... for xbox lovers.

And if we combine it with that video, its clearly that xbox feature is not that bright.

Edited by Plutonas, 09 November 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#39 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

I thought that too but it seems unlikely seeing as Xbox One needs a day-one firmware to remove that DRM and PS4 does not. 

Bearing in mind Microsoft are the ones with the most software experience, it seems unlikely the PS4 had the same restrictions but was able to have it already fixed in the stock firmware when Microsoft could not.

in b4 day 1 "improved system stability" update for PS4.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#40 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

in b4 day 1 "improved system stability" update for PS4.

I remember when I used to stick a game in a system, turn it on, and was playing instantly.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!