• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

Skeptical to pick this up as I thought they could have done a lot better with the resolution. Anyone playing the game care to share their thoughts on the graphics/multiplayer.

#2 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:10 AM

Looks like MW2 dude

#3 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:28 AM

Looks like MW2 dude

I was gonna post that :/ 

Haven't played it yet but I'm guessing it's just another cod.

This "next gen" engine seems awfully similar to the old one, hmm...

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#4 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

On PC (the best looking version), it looks and runs worse than Bad Company 2, and they are trying to compete with Battlefield 4.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#5 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:31 AM

the next gen engine is just feature updates, and that is about it. they arnt even willeing to spend money ot make a decently optimized version for PS4/X1/PC/or wiiU. i was hoping that the wiiU team being purly a port team would help get around that.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:42 AM

On PC (the best looking version), it looks and runs worse than Bad Company 2, and they are trying to compete with Battlefield 4.

I hear that the PC version doesn't need 6 gigs of Ram either, that it was really only using between 1 and 2 and that the mod community released a patch so users could get around that 6 gig requirement so they could play the game.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

Honestly it looks pretty good.  What surprised me was how clean the image was.  I personally didnt notice any jaggies, and the resolution look better than expected.  Whatever form of AA they are using makes for a very clean and clear image.  I think Black Ops 2 used post processing AA, and that tends to blur the image a little bit.  I am guessing Ghost is using true 2x AA, and the Wii U's scaler must do one heck of a good job converting it to 1080p.  This is not a gorgeous game, its a good looking game, but not great.  There are some lower res textures and the character models are lower poly than BO2.  The maps are much bigger than BO2 though, and have tons of assets in them.  Ghost wont go down in the Wii U's history as one of its prettiest games, but its not ugly.  It looks like Modern Warfare 3.   

#8 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:10 AM

How is the multiplayer? I would love to test the Wii U pro controller out.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:31 AM

How is the multiplayer? I would love to test the Wii U pro controller out.

Some peeps on MiiVerse  are saying it takes some getting use too. Makes sense as maps are much bigger so it isn't quite the run and gun right away.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:44 AM

looks like MW3 on 360 except wiiU has a better upscaler. 

The game development was very sub par but this COD is definitly better than the last 2, atleast on par with the original BO gameplay wise.  tactical gameplay seems to benefit the most in this game, the levels are close enough to eachother that the gameplay stays consistant overall but other maps do support other reltavily minor differences in playstyle, this game still supports more ways to play than BO2 and MW3.

#11 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

I would actually say that Ghost maps are different enough that certain maps will be better for SMG and Shotgun users while others will benefit LMG and Sniper users.  AR's seem flexible enough to work fairly well everywhere.  The majority of these maps are about 50% bigger than your typical COD maps, maybe a couple of them are double the size.  These still arent Battlefield big, but they are far larger than the maps in BO2.   

#12 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

How are the numbers? Is it possible to play more than one gametype?  

Still waiting on mine to come in the mail...

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#13 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

How are the numbers? Is it possible to play more than one gametype?  

Still waiting on mine to come in the mail...

ive been playing nothing but FFA, most lobbies have enough people to play, though not under great conditions. map design is favoring large maps overall though, and this one is still easily better than BO2 and MW3. 

#14 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

ive been playing nothing but FFA, most lobbies have enough people to play, though not under great conditions. map design is favoring large maps overall though, and this one is still easily better than BO2 and MW3. 

Cool, thanks. Do you know if the campaign has any of those RTS-like levels where you command guys from an overhead perspective from Black Ops 2?  I really hated that

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#15 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

never touched the campain, sorry. never cared for it after MW2.

#16 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:43 AM

I picked the game up. Ehh I am a bit spoilt by battlefield 4 right now.. you can't compare the two visually.. COD has quiet a few jaggys but doesn't look overall too bad. Multiplayer is fun as heck though and less intense then battlefield 4.

#17 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:05 AM

I picked the game up. Ehh I am a bit spoilt by battlefield 4 right now.. you can't compare the two visually.. COD has quiet a few jaggys but doesn't look overall too bad. Multiplayer is fun as heck though and less intense then battlefield 4.

i got both too, i like cods gameplay feel more than BF4s. though i could get used to BF4, it will take time. along with switching between around 5-6 games to play while living a tight schedual.

#18 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Bought Ghosts today and I'm blown away by how near the WiiU graphics are to PC! Now before anyone thinks I'm mad, bare in mind the PC version is a rushed mess. I ran the men mod version on my pc with everything set to max and its a not worth the hassle.
Just to add my brother in law has the 360 version and that looks flat with worse textures.

Top marks to the WiiU devs!
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#19 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

so improved upscaling+textures+antisphicfilting? the thing taht makes textures look better at a angle.

#20 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

I'm to up on all the tech words but yeah it looks a lot nicer than the 360 version.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!