• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:55 AM

I can tell you the frame rate is spot on. It's really smooth.

#22 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Did anyone hear the rumor about that xb1 and ps4 that cod ghost is in 720 p and the wiiu is in 1080p if true what does that say about wiiu power when compared to the xb1 and ps4

#23 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

Did anyone hear the rumor about that xb1 and ps4 that cod ghost is in 720 p and the wiiu is in 1080p if true what does that say about wiiu power when compared to the xb1 and ps4

rumor's bogus, wiiU is sub 720p upscaled to 1080p, though it has a better upscaler than 360/PS3. 

#24 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

http://www.nintendol...s_best_on_wii_u

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#25 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

PS4 has been confirmed native 1080p

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#26 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

I got this on Saturday but haven't played it yet, glad to hear positive things! :P 

#27 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

PS4 has been confirmed native 1080p

Its also been confirmed that it has performance issues.  Honestly its pretty suprising that the PS4, the most straight forward hardware design in consoles history has any troubles at running Ghost in 1080p 60fps, but apparently the framerate is all over the place.  Wii U is far from locked 60fps as well, but PS4 was supposed to be the monster that would have no issue with 1080p 60fps, and so far its not quite as easy to achieve as people had hoped.  Rich at ReviewtechUSA made mention that the Wii U version of Ghost performs quite a bit better than Ghost on PS3, still waiting for a comparison of the 360 version.  Treyarch has faithfully brough Ghost to Wii U, and are still working on further optimizations to make it better.  

Ghost is not a visual masterpiece, but dont let the haters fool you, its not a bad looking game either.  Yes there are some low res textures, but the scope of this COD is quite a bit larger than COD has been in the past.  I think in some ways IW bit off more than they could chew and some compromises were made, but overall I really feel like the changes they made were all for the better. 

#28 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

Its also been confirmed that it has performance issues.  Honestly its pretty suprising that the PS4, the most straight forward hardware design in consoles history has any troubles at running Ghost in 1080p 60fps, but apparently the framerate is all over the place.  Wii U is far from locked 60fps as well, but PS4 was supposed to be the monster that would have no issue with 1080p 60fps, and so far its not quite as easy to achieve as people had hoped.  Rich at ReviewtechUSA made mention that the Wii U version of Ghost performs quite a bit better than Ghost on PS3, still waiting for a comparison of the 360 version.  Treyarch has faithfully brough Ghost to Wii U, and are still working on further optimizations to make it better.  

Ghost is not a visual masterpiece, but dont let the haters fool you, its not a bad looking game either.  Yes there are some low res textures, but the scope of this COD is quite a bit larger than COD has been in the past.  I think in some ways IW bit off more than they could chew and some compromises were made, but overall I really feel like the changes they made were all for the better. 

Ok.  I was just responding to the absurd "rumor" that PS4/Xbox One are 720p and Wii U is 1080.  And yes, quite interesting that PS4 is not 60fps.  

Edited by kokirii, 11 November 2013 - 08:48 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#29 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Ok.  I was just responding to the absurd "rumor" that PS4/Xbox One are 720p and Wii U is 1080.  And yes, quite interesting that PS4 is not 60fps.  

Its 60FPS, but not locked like your would expect.  I am hearing that it can drop pretty low at times.  It moves around on Wii U as well, but Treyarch has already said they have some good optimizations in the works that should smooth things out. 

#30 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:03 AM

i have a question about the single player campaign. when you play it at the highest difficulty what takes place? is there more enemies in a level, do you take more damage, or do you give out less damage... what makes it harder? The game is arrving tomorrow for me i have never palyed a SP campaign on hardest difficulty but want to get the most out of it i am curious?

#31 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

i have a question about the single player campaign. when you play it at the highest difficulty what takes place? is there more enemies in a level, do you take more damage, or do you give out less damage... what makes it harder? The game is arrving tomorrow for me i have never palyed a SP campaign on hardest difficulty but want to get the most out of it i am curious?

Based on previous experiences with the series, enemies will deal a lot more damage to you, toss more grenades at you, and react to your movements a lot quicker.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#32 cupoftea

cupoftea

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

it looks like a cleaned up x360 version    but the wii remote is GIMPED TO HELL YET AGAIN , and that talk of servers was total horse poop its hosts again and p2p dont believe a thing activition say

the wii remote is loosing out to a level of auto aim ,bot aim that is so casual and stupid its completly dumb id be embarest to play twin stick fps its basically not good

dont buy it im seriously regretting it

#33 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

it looks like a cleaned up x360 version    but the wii remote is GIMPED TO HELL YET AGAIN , and that talk of servers was total horse poop its hosts again and p2p dont believe a thing activition say

the wii remote is loosing out to a level of auto aim ,bot aim that is so casual and stupid its completly dumb id be embarest to play twin stick fps its basically not good

dont buy it im seriously regretting it

funny because to main developer for the Wii U team said he was proud of the wii remote this year and that it was to quote him "in a good space" whatever i am using the gamepad

#34 cupoftea

cupoftea

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

funny because to main developer for the Wii U team said he was proud of the wii remote this year and that it was to quote him "in a good space" whatever i am using the gamepad

SO YOUR OBSOLETELY CONTROLLING A FPS GAME WITH A 2 GENERATION OUT DATED METHOD AND ROBO COPING ABOUT THE MAPS WITH HILARIOUS CLUNKY CAMERA AND MASSIVE AUTO AIM

LOL THATS OBSOLETE GARBAGE THE SECOND STICK WAS MADE OBSOLETE 2 GENS BACK NOW BY THE WI REMOTE IF YOUR INTO RETRO BS CONTROLS IN A FPS BIUY A SONY

lol at the auto aim freak

Black Ops II became a wasteland for people trying to use the Wiimote seriously because Treyarch didn't bother to properly playtest with it (you couldn't adjust sensitivity and the cursor jumped across the screen while aiming) and Duel Analog controllers enjoyed the most powerful aim assist of any Call of Duty game to date, which gave them an overwhelming advantage over the already gimped Wiimote. The end result was predictable as traditional controllers managed to outclass wiimote users at every level outside of the top.

Don't repeat this mistake.

Personally I like to see a return to lag shooting over lag compensation, but the deal breaker for me (and a lot of other pertinacious people who stuck with the Wiimote.) is to see the same sort of system from Black Ops II be used for Ghosts. So please, make sure the wiimote is properly tested to function and reduce Aim assist, at least for the WiiU version since there are multiple controller types as opposed to the 360/PS4 and a proper balance needs to be stuck.

Thank you.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

just a example of the comments at the cod comumity forum LOL @ TWIN STICK OBSOLETE KIDDY FPS

DERP GAMEPAD DERRP DIDNT DERP REPLACE THE DRP WII REMOTE IT COMPLIMENTED IT DERP

AND I THINK DERP YOU WILL FIND DERP THAT ITS DERP 4 WII REMOTES AND ONE GAMEPAD PER WIIU DERP

Edited by cupoftea, 12 November 2013 - 02:43 AM.

#35 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:05 AM

SO YOUR OBSOLETELY CONTROLLING A FPS GAME WITH A 2 GENERATION OUT DATED METHOD AND ROBO COPING ABOUT THE MAPS WITH HILARIOUS CLUNKY CAMERA AND MASSIVE AUTO AIM

LOL THATS OBSOLETE GARBAGE THE SECOND STICK WAS MADE OBSOLETE 2 GENS BACK NOW BY THE WI REMOTE IF YOUR INTO RETRO BS CONTROLS IN A FPS BIUY A SONY

lol at the auto aim freak

Black Ops II became a wasteland for people trying to use the Wiimote seriously because Treyarch didn't bother to properly playtest with it (you couldn't adjust sensitivity and the cursor jumped across the screen while aiming) and Duel Analog controllers enjoyed the most powerful aim assist of any Call of Duty game to date, which gave them an overwhelming advantage over the already gimped Wiimote. The end result was predictable as traditional controllers managed to outclass wiimote users at every level outside of the top.

Don't repeat this mistake.

Personally I like to see a return to lag shooting over lag compensation, but the deal breaker for me (and a lot of other pertinacious people who stuck with the Wiimote.) is to see the same sort of system from Black Ops II be used for Ghosts. So please, make sure the wiimote is properly tested to function and reduce Aim assist, at least for the WiiU version since there are multiple controller types as opposed to the 360/PS4 and a proper balance needs to be stuck.

Thank you.

hehe.... haha...... haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

This is freaking hilarious, nuff said.

AuzzieWingman.png

#36 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

playing this online about a hour ago there was only 1400 people playing on the WiiU, near enough impossible to get a game  :angry:

#37 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

playing this online about a hour ago there was only 1400 people playing on the WiiU, near enough impossible to get a game :angry:

I've had absolutely no problems getting a game. It's worked perfectly for me.

#38 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

You're gonna have to configure your NAT type as well as your region search settings.

If it's Best/Strict then you will have a troublesome time finding a game.

AuzzieWingman.png

#39 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

i have not changed mine, it is set to whatever the default is.

#40 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

Unless your looking to play one of the less popular modes, it should be easy to get into a match.  TDM is the most popular by far, but Domination and Free for All usually have quite a few people playing as well.  Trust me, after Christmas, the amount of people online will triple, possibly even more.  Some of the more obscure modes will always be a little light on players, but the majority of modes should be easy to find full matches after Christmas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!