• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

Wii mini. That is about all I have to say.

Let's add to the confusion with something no one needs.

Edited by Dharmanator, 08 November 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#2 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

this has been out for a year I thought...

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

It's been out for a year in Canada, but it just launched internationally. Nintendo must think the results from the test market is good enough to warrant an international launch.

It has a purpose. It's for families with young kids that honestly can't be trusted with online capabilities. If you want online capabilities, then don't be such a cheap Rarity and get a Wii U.

The Wii Mini is very kid safe (durability and no risk of being an entry-point for pedophiles) and some of the very best games go for only $20.

Edited by grahamf, 08 November 2013 - 01:03 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

Wii mini. That is about all I have to say.

Let's add to the confusion with something no one needs.

"Let's add to the confusion with something that doesn't fit what I want"

Obviously it sells enough to make them a profit, which is enough to justify its existence. 

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

"Dad, this isn't a Wii U, it's a Wii Mini and a PlayStation Vita.."

Little Timmy's christmas was ruined.

794144.png?13383682

#6 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

lol..

i remember long time ago i was at walmart and a lady was getting her son a ds for christmas. Well was suppose to. Ended up getting him a gameboy sp. The guy that work there told her its the same thing and a cheaper.

Same thing happen when the 3ds came out. People would just tell them it was a normal ds with 3d added to it and talked people into getting the normal ds.

Crazyness seems to only happen with Nintendo stuff tho.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#7 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

"Let's add to the confusion with something that doesn't fit what I want"

Obviously it sells enough to make them a profit, which is enough to justify its existence.

Mmmm. According to that logic then you support the sale of crack cocaine. I for one am against that, and stupid, overpriced consoles.

Actually if it was a Vita TV it would be a great xmas. Unlike a Wii Mini, a Vita TV would be useful.

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

Mmmm. According to that logic then you support the sale of crack cocaine.

I was talking about profitable for Nintendo, genius.

I for one am against that, and stupid, overpriced consoles.

Yes, because $100 for a brand new Wii with Mario Kart is so overpriced.

Oh, wait, it isn't. And neither is it stupid, it's just not marketed towards you.

GameZombie44.png

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

Yeah Dharma, what's you beef with the Wii Mini? If you don't want one, then don't buy one. And if you think it will be a failure, then let the market back you up instead of making up excuses for why it should be a failure.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#10 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

Yeah Dharma, what's you beef with the Wii Mini? If you don't want one, then don't buy one. And if you think it will be a failure, then let the market back you up instead of making up excuses for why it should be a failure.

Actually I would find it quite hilarious if it outsold the Wii U.

What purpose does a stripped down Wii with no online capability and will not be supported any more, serve?

No one is buying a Wii U, so why are they wasting resources on a useless product that can be purchased for less and have more functionality simply by buying a used Wii?

2DS=great idea

Wii mini=not so great idea.

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

Just out of mild curiosity, hoe much did you use the Wii's online ability? If you're like everyone I know you played with it a little bit then barely used it since.

#12 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

Basically it's a cheap Wii. What's wrong with that?

86c.gif

#13 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

Actually I would find it quite hilarious if it outsold the Wii U. Not gonna happen.

What purpose does a stripped down Wii with no online capability and will not be supported any more, serve? Considering a great deal of the Wii's online services are going to be shutting down soon, and again, the thing is pretty much dirt cheap as far as electronics go, I think it serves enough. Oddly enough, some parents can't afford a $300+ system, and don't care about GameCube compatibility.

No one is buying a Wii U, Except for like 3 or 4 million people, but let's forget them.

so why are they wasting resources on a useless product that can be purchased for less and have more functionality simply by buying a used Wii? Because the thing probably costs them $25 to make, sells enough to justify its existence elsewhere (AKA Profit), and a great deal of people would rather just walk into walmart and buy a new one rather than having to take the time and effort to hunt down a good condition, not-broken Wii.

2DS=great idea Sure.

Wii mini=not so great idea. Again, this isn't marketed towards YOU. This is a dirt-cheap toy for parents who just want to get their gets something fun for christmas that's also dirt cheap, and possibly can't afford a Wii U.

Answers in bold. Also locking this thread, instead of actually proving anything, it's turning into "You know why Nintendo is losing there minds? WII MINI. What? You want a reason past 'because because'? BECAUSE IT'S STUPID AND I SAID SO, THAT'S WHY."

GameZombie44.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!