NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

http://www.marketwat...nk=MW_news_stmp

REDMOND, Wash., Nov 11, 2013 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Norwegian Cruise Line and Nintendo of America announced today that they are expanding their partnership to offer Wii U™ video game systems and Wii U games fleetwide. As part of the partnership expansion, the line will feature Nintendo's newest video game console in all ships' atriums and youth and teen centers. In addition, the new HD Wii U systems will be featured at various competitions and events on board each ship.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

If there`s any benefit to this i just can`t see it. :wacko:

#3 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

Well this is...interesting.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#4 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

If there`s any benefit to this i just can`t see it. :wacko:

Sure theres a benefit to this. Alot of people take cruises, more people will get hands on with WiiU which means more potential customers.

#5 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

I love NCL. Awesome Nintendo is doing this.

2lvmghw.png

#6 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

This feels like a somewhat inefficient use of marketing dollars.  It still feels like there are no advertisements for the wii u.  As long as they're doing something, I guess.

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

This feels like a somewhat inefficient use of marketing dollars.  It still feels like there are no advertisements for the wii u.  As long as they're doing something, I guess.

The same ship company/fleet had the Wii, they are continuing their already existing partnership and upgrading all too Wii U. Additionally there were news stories last week about Nintendo prepping a TV ad blitz for Super Mario World, and others and they have holiday Nintendo Zones coming to Malls across NA, and of course the Pottery Barn stuff.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

*is about to win in Mario Kart 8*

*becomes part of the sequel to Poseidon*

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Wow, Nintendo recognise Norway, and it's NoA not NoE.<br />Amazing.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

Sure theres a benefit to this. Alot of people take cruises, more people will get hands on with WiiU which means more potential customers.

I get that, but couldn`t they find something else where more people could take advantage of that? Seems to much for such little number of people.

Edited by DéliopT, 11 November 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#11 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

get mario kart and SSB out, then this will probly help those impacts, tell then it will probly have wiisports club, the mii version of mario party, and possibly COD. 

#12 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

Sometimes your hard, stressful everyday life of playing video games all day just becomes so unbearable that you have to pay thousands of dollars to forget about all your troubles and go on an exotic luxury Norwegian cruise and play video games ._.

#13 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

Sometimes your hard, stressful everyday life of playing video games all day just becomes so unbearable that you have to pay thousands of dollars to forget about all your troubles and go on an exotic luxury Norwegian cruise and play video games ._.

Shove the kids into the gaming area while the adults go to the big gala event all dressed up and getting drunk.

#14 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

I rember seeing the wii on one of there cruises. The tv is ridiculously huge had to be 20feet tall. O.O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!