3 replies to this topic

#1 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

For those who don't know what Onlive is

Onlive is cloud gaming! It's similar to video streaming services like Netflix and YouTube except that, instead of videos, your games are synchronized, rendered, and stored on remote servers and delivered via the internet all in real time! Games are running on 720p 60fps.

Currently Onlive is fully supported in only 3 countries: the United States, the United Kingdom, and Belgium.

Onlive is going to relaunch soon (should be this fall), so for now there aren't any updates yet.

On what platforms can I use the Onlive app?

PC

MAC

Smartphones/Tablets with Android

Onlive's own Microconsole

Trailer (good overview on how it works)

More info

www.onlive.com (US)

www.onlive.co.uk (UK)

www.onlive.be (BE)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think of the service? Have you guys already tried it?

I'm really a big fan of the tech behind it. People are praising the remote play on the PS4 for example, but with this tech, you could do much more imo! Also you don't need to upgrade your own hardware anymore.

Ofcourse internet will need to improve more to take more advantage of it. But that could be quick (who knows...). :)

http://onlivehq.com/forum/ is also a Onlive fan forum, if you want to learn more about Onlive or something.

Edited by namkotje, 11 November 2013 - 04:43 PM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#2 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

I thought this failed like a year ago... :0

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

They're coming back eh?<br />Do I get to keep the dues ex i bought for 10 cent before they went bust?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

I thought this failed like a year ago... :0

Well they had problems back in the days. However, they are going to relaunch the service (this Fall). But you can still use Onlive 1.0 right now. :)

A letter from OnliveNate (who works there): http://onlivehq.com/...&highlight=2014

"What we are planning to release over the next year is not anything you’ve seen, or heard about in the past.

So what the heck is it Nate?... Unsurprisingly, I'm unable to get specific at this time. I can say that we will be releasing a bit of news in the weeks after E3. Following that, in the Fall, we will release another game changing element of our future family of services. I can only tell you that these are cloud gaming specific announcements. They represent a fundamental shift in how we go about delivering games to our customers, derived from 10 years of development and service operation…and yes, your past purchases are safe. We recognize your investment in our service, and have no intention to limit access to what you’ve already paid for."

Also, some Onlive users are chosen to be ambassadors for the Onlive 2.0 relaunch, they recieved a mail with a screensaver/wallpapers(new Onlive logo) and even a flash game: http://onlivehq.com/...TE-ON-PAGE-14!)

They're coming back eh?<br />Do I get to keep the dues ex i bought for 10 cent before they went bust?

You will still have your game, even when other people can't buy them anymore. It's still in the cloud for you! ;)

Edited by namkotje, 12 November 2013 - 04:21 AM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: onlive, cloud gaming, pc, mac, smartphone, any time, any game, anywhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!