Photo

Wii U, The Worst Holiday Gift This Season.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

http://cnettv.cnet.c...3-50158783.html

“We’ve waited a long time for this dud,” he begins. “Nintendo has already slashed the price down to $300, and I’m willing to bet that it’ll be on firesale by the time the holidays role around. But trust me, there are only two game consoles anyone wants this year. And Wii U isn’t one of them, sorry guys.”

Well this is harsh. Wii U has a chance to pick up this winter and spring, and if people actually listen to cnet this won't help. It is pretty much total bs though.

Stupid Snowmads!

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

One of those two game consoles is a cable box.

#3 Dr Wario

Dr Wario

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

He's kind of right.  Nintendo had last Christmas all to itself, so anyone who wanted a Wii U would have picked it up in the past year.  PS4 and Xbox One are the hot toys to get this holiday.

undOZ4c.png

#4 GCD

GCD

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

Mario bro u,  Mario 3d, lego city, wii u party, Windwalker hd, wonderful 101, nintendoland, zombiu, yeah who would want to open up those presents on xmas morning. lol

#5 Happyfrank

Happyfrank

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

Regular people who want to buy ps4 or Xbox ones at stores won't find one until 2014.

Nintendo can gain a lot sales during the winter..

I believe wii u bundles will sale..

Parents like myself want fun game system the whole family can enjoy..

#6 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

yeah except one thing.

Mom goes out Christmas shopping for her kids

looks at list "PS4 w/ Knack" "Xbox One with Dead Rising" or whatever

Mom looks around and just sees signs for PS4/Xbox One

Goes up and asks clerk "Where is the PS4/Xbox One?"

Clerk "Oh sorry miss, we won't have those in for another month or three, they won't be in stock anywhere"

Mom sees Wii U and notices the lower price and how many more games there are for it and all the good holiday deals and settles on that

Bam

Nintenwon

Xbox Done

PS4No-one

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#7 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

POPULAR

Gotta love how they state no reason at all as to why it's a bad gift. Just that "it's a dud" and "XBO/PS4 are the only consoles people want this season". No legit complaints about games/online/account system/3rd party support/etc. Just seems like cheap shot and saying "lol Wii U sucks" for the sake of it. Not to mention this really feels like bait for fanboys. I could name some other tech items that are worse than this for Christmas, Ouya specifically comes to mind.

Edited by The Dante, 12 November 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

4th worst, not worst.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:34 AM

http://cnettv.cnet.c...3-50158783.html

“We’ve waited a long time for this dud,” he begins. “Nintendo has already slashed the price down to $300, and I’m willing to bet that it’ll be on firesale by the time the holidays role around. But trust me, there are only two game consoles anyone wants this year. And Wii U isn’t one of them, sorry guys.”

Well this is harsh. Wii U has a chance to pick up this winter and spring, and if people actually listen to cnet this won't help. It is pretty much total bs though.

This is obviously crap. Rich from reviewtechUSA has a perfect opinion up now on youtube. Perfect because it sounds like what I have been saying for over 6 months.

They had 1 year to set themselves apart. They did not.

Good games are coming out now, but nobody gives a rainbow because the promise of the more hyped machines is here.

But to make it to any list of worst holiday gift is just stupid.

#10 Bengdogg

Bengdogg

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • NNID:Bengdogg

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

Hi it's my 1st post as I must hate myself then as I pulled the trigger on a Wii U on Monday & it will be here tomorrow. I got a bundle with Mario U & Luigi U for under £200. I was after a PS4 but the launch line up is terrible and the only kids game Knack today has received many poor reviews. I can't wait to have a go with it after work tomorrow, the kids don't know I have ordered one either ;) It's going to be fun!!! As someone who has never owned a Wii I am looking forward to the great Wii games, Virtual Console and the great Wii U titles. I see this system as quality over quantity. I also have a Nintendo Dsi in the house which my kids love, a PS3 which is a good machine with plenty of life left and a Vita which I really like. I just hope this system sells like hot cakes whilst the PS4 & XB1 are sold out with Mario world 3d looking spectacular. 

Thanks for reading my random musings, hurry up tomorrow I want my Wii U!!!!

#11 GCD

GCD

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

^^^You are in for a treat, Mario bros u, zombiu, lego city, picmen, windwalker, Mario 3d, just some great games to keep you happy, and remember with the wii-u you also get a wii built in to allow you access to some classic games like paper mario and mario galaxy, zelda, wii resort.

#12 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

^^^You are in for a treat, Mario bros u, zombiu, lego city, picmen, windwalker, Mario 3d, just some great games to keep you happy, and remember with the wii-u you also get a wii built in to allow you access to some classic games like paper mario and mario galaxy, zelda, wii resort.

You forgot Wonderful 101!

#13 GCD

GCD

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

^^^I did indeed, thank you for reminding me, the game right in front of me as well. lol

#14 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

Hi it's my 1st post as I must hate myself then as I pulled the trigger on a Wii U on Monday & it will be here tomorrow. I got a bundle with Mario U & Luigi U for under £200. I was after a PS4 but the launch line up is terrible and the only kids game Knack today has received many poor reviews. I can't wait to have a go with it after work tomorrow, the kids don't know I have ordered one either ;) It's going to be fun!!! As someone who has never owned a Wii I am looking forward to the great Wii games, Virtual Console and the great Wii U titles. I see this system as quality over quantity. I also have a Nintendo Dsi in the house which my kids love, a PS3 which is a good machine with plenty of life left and a Vita which I really like. I just hope this system sells like hot cakes whilst the PS4 & XB1 are sold out with Mario world 3d looking spectacular. 

Thanks for reading my random musings, hurry up tomorrow I want my Wii U!!!!

Awesome!  You're going to have a lot of fun.  And welcome to the boards!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#15 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

Wow, such taste. CNET SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE...

Wow, these people are up there with the likes of IGN and Patcher, such ignorance.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#16 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

Yeah, as mentioned, I'll bet kids would hate getting W101, Rayman Legends, Sonic, Mario 3d, Wii U Party, Pikmin or Wind Waker etc. for Christmas....

Gotta love how they state no reason at all as to why it's a bad gift. Just that "it's a dud" and "XBO/PS4 are the only consoles people want this season". No legit complaints about games/online/account system/3rd party support/etc. Just seems like cheap shot and saying "lol Wii U sucks" for the sake of it. Not to mention this really feels like bait for fanboys. I could name some other tech items that are worse than this for Christmas, Ouya specifically comes to mind.

#17 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

I think the Wii U will do quite well actually!

#18 Bengdogg

Bengdogg

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • NNID:Bengdogg

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

Well so far its been fun fun fun! We love it. i dont care if it bombs as long as I can get 2nd hand software ;) It reminds me of when I had a doomed dreamcast. I still got a lot of use out of it, but honestly with the games coming out I can't see it failing. Mario 3d or Knack for Xmas? Yeah I thought so!

I got it with Mario U & Luigi U and we are enjoying Mario a lot not played Luigi yet. WWHD should be here today with any luck. I also dropped on Rayman Legends cheap yesterday from a web deal (that will probably get hidden till xmas) I also ordered Wii U party to get a Wiimote and Pikmin 3 for Xmas. I will top that up with Mario 3D and Lego Marvel and that will do for Xmas games for the kids. I also ended up beating a few levels on mario on the DS for my lad now my Mario skills are sharp again. 

Oh yeah I also dropped on a 2nd hand Mario Galaxy on the Wii for me to play as I nearly bought a Wii for that game when it came out.

#19 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Seriously?  I'm quite happy to have a Wii U and PS4.  I can't see any good reason right now to have an Xbox One though, just not interested in the exclusives.

Sure I still feel I was ripped off at launch price for the Premium, but I do not regret owning one.  Even Eurogamer had an article suggesting that the Wii U is the next-gen console to buy this holiday.  I'm not sure I agree if I had to choose, but I don't think its doom and gloom for Nintendo either.  Although it is pretty embarrassing that the PS4 sold more consoles over the weekend than the Wii U did in a whole year, in the UK.  But Nintendo hasn't been about quantity for years now, its about quality and profitability - things Nintendo excel it.

Who really cares if the Wii U never sells that well, as long as Nintendo and any developers who support the platform are able to make a profit?  There is too much focus on the wrong side of the numbers.  For all their popularity, Sony and Microsoft continue to lose a ton of money on their console businesses and Nintendo has not.  So who exactly is a winner there?

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#20 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:02 AM

Seriously?  I'm quite happy to have a Wii U and PS4.  I can't see any good reason right now to have an Xbox One though, just not interested in the exclusives.

Sure I still feel I was ripped off at launch price for the Premium, but I do not regret owning one.  Even Eurogamer had an article suggesting that the Wii U is the next-gen console to buy this holiday.  I'm not sure I agree if I had to choose, but I don't think its doom and gloom for Nintendo either.  Although it is pretty embarrassing that the PS4 sold more consoles over the weekend than the Wii U did in a whole year, in the UK.  But Nintendo hasn't been about quantity for years now, its about quality and profitability - things Nintendo excel it.

Who really cares if the Wii U never sells that well, as long as Nintendo and any developers who support the platform are able to make a profit?  There is too much focus on the wrong side of the numbers.  For all their popularity, Sony and Microsoft continue to lose a ton of money on their console businesses and Nintendo has not.  So who exactly is a winner there?

Aside from Nintendo Land, NSMB U and Nintendo eShop games, I doubt any game made a profit yet.

Edited by Arkhandar, 03 December 2013 - 07:02 AM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!