YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

09.png

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

Direct response to the only thing xbox one had over ps4? 200Mhz?

Sorry MS, youve been
Xboned.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

Lmao

#4 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

y does it say that overview is a estimate at the top?

#5 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

y does it say that overview is a estimate at the top?

Nothing official I guess.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#6 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

And this is sigificant.....how?

pNgecl.gif

#7 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

I have no idea what I'm looking at.

#8 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

I have no idea what I'm looking at.

same lol but i geuss its good :)

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

same lol but i geuss its good :)

If true, its a 200 Mhz increase.

For reference, the Nintendo gamecubes cpu was 486 Mhz.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

Direct response to the only thing xbox one had over ps4? 200Mhz?Sorry MS, youve been.............Xboned.

The XBox One still has eRAM and a GPU overclock. But it still won't make it faster than the beast the PS4 is shaping up to be.

#11 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

If true, its a 200 Mhz increase.

For reference, the Nintendo gamecubes cpu was 486 Mhz.

It's not true. It's an estimate just like it says above.

1.6Ghz is what PS4 is outputting and there is nothing wrong with that, especially since it's using gddr5 plus all inside a small shell the system would overheat if the CPU was clocked higher than 1.6Ghz. Sony would release an official statement if this was true.

Xbone can get away with 1.75Ghz and 853Mhz GPU because of the less heat generated by gddr3. Microsoft only did this as they say it had more of a benefit on the CPU, GPU and esram bandwidth than having more compute units.

Edited by Forza Juventus, 16 November 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#12 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

It's not true. It's an estimate just like it says above.

1.6Ghz is what PS4 is outputting and there is nothing wrong with that, especially since it's using gddr5 plus all inside a small shell. The system would overheat if the CPU was clocked higher than 1.6Ghz. Sony would release an official statement if this was true.

Xbone can get away with 1.75Ghz and 853Mhz GPU because of the less heat generated by gddr3. Microsoft only did this as they say it had more of a benefit on the CPU, GPU and edram bandwidth than having more compute units.

The CPU isn't very powerful to the PS4 at 1.6GHz. Theoretically, it can afford 1.8GHz so long as the GPU isn't overclocked. It might also explain why some of the PS4s, not all, are breaking.

#13 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

I must say I am kinda disappointed at the power draw of these consoles when idling, they draw more than my PC.

That is particularly disappointing when you consider I have an i5 2500K which is much more powerful than the consoles CPU and a GTX 660 which should also be far less efficient than the consoles due to being on its own PCIe card with its own RAM. Then you consider I have an SSD and 3.5" HDD in there, which again draws a lot more than the 2.5" HDD in the consoles. They only show their efficiency when actually running games at around half the power draw of my PC which approximately the same GPU power (on PS4).

It seems both Sony and Microsoft have a lot of leeway for improving the power management. The PS4 idles drawing double what the Wii U does under load. I expected it when running games, but not when idling in the OS.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 21 November 2013 - 08:39 AM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#14 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:53 AM

I must say I am kinda disappointed at the power draw of these consoles when idling, they draw more than my PC.

That is particularly disappointing when you consider I have an i5 2500K which is much more powerful than the consoles CPU and a GTX 660 which should also be far less efficient than the consoles due to being on its own PCIe card with its own RAM. Then you consider I have an SSD and 3.5" HDD in there, which again draws a lot more than the 2.5" HDD in the consoles. They only show their efficiency when actually running games at around half the power draw of my PC which approximately the same GPU power (on PS4).

It seems both Sony and Microsoft have a lot of leeway for improving the power management. The PS4 idles drawing double what the Wii U does under load. I expected it when running games, but not when idling in the OS.

It's also crazy how little power the Wii U uses. (Had to add that in, after all, it is a Wii U forum)

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!