#41 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

So do you guys think this is better than Mario Galaxy 2? this is a supposed next generation console and this game isn't a patch on Galaxy in either ambition or realisation. It's a high fidelity version of a 3DS game, maybe you guys think that is good enough but I expected better.

I am sure Nintendo have some real next-gen titles lined up -  I refuse to believe that such a hugely talented and respected software house is not trying to push the game design envelope in some form or another.

And what you have FAILED to realize the fact that Super Mario 3D World IS a REAL NEXT-GEN title.  Just because Mario is the flagship of the series franchise doesn't mean it's the same freaking game.  Numbers don't lie and critics love that game.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#42 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

Guys, albatross is a troll.  He's never played SM3DW and likely doesn't own a Wii U.  He's got a couple dozen posts here and every single one of them is negative.  Best not to give him the attention.  

Edited by kokirii, 01 December 2013 - 05:13 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#43 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

Oh, he problably bought a knockoff and refuses to admit it's not the same thing.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#44 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

This game needs to sell systems, if it does not, that is a sign of huge trouble.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#45 albatross

albatross

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

This game needs to sell systems, if it does not, that is a sign of huge trouble.

And I cannot see it doing that, most other Mario games in history have created huge word of mouth interest - games like Mario 64 and Galaxy dropped peoples jaws to the floor - this game has had great reviews but from what I can gather is not creating a huge interest in the console.

And to address the accusations of me being a troll. I am a Nintendo fan, always have been, I am just not feeling much excitement for this console or some of the software being released for it. My view can change, and hopefully it will!

#46 GCD

GCD

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:54 AM

^^^For a Nintendo fan you seem to come across as nothing but continually unhappy with everything they do, you do know your allowed to enjoy your hobbies right, and even have fun with them, if your playing Nintendo wii-u games and coming away feeling like you just sat through The Seventh seal, then your not doing the whole gaming thing right. lol

#47 albatross

albatross

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

Lol, not everything they do! but pretty much everything they have done recently.

But we have had these situations before with Nintendo and it usually is the calm before the storm, so hopefully the real killer titles are just taking a little longer to get right.

I have very high hopes for the next Zelda for instance.

#48 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

As I have said before, people that don't like Nintendo games have either not played them or have been brainwashed not to even try them.  We have reached a very sad state if the Wii U is not successful because that would indicate that the gaming community at large has lost their minds.  The Wii U is not only an outstanding console, it is the best console Nintendo has ever produced ... and I am ready to defend that statement.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#49 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

this game is basically SECOND LIFE, no? as in, IT'S REAL, no?

#50 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Blind Guardian, Elder Scrolls

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

currently playing SM3DW and so far I am really enjoying it, although I personally never give majority of games (as well as any other vice for that matter) a perfect 10, its good to see that several critics gave this game a 10/10.  I do hope for better things from Nintendo in the near future.

#51 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:09 AM

The game imo is the worst console 3d mario ever made (still a good game)

the more linear levels, the lack of multiple objectives in a single level

the fact that it feels like a really good 2d mario a lot of the time

but most importantly the camera.

They royally screwed things over with the camera.

It gives you so much trouble with depth perception, the amount of times I've jumped thinking I should land on a platform just to fall right behind it and die is massive.

Even things like jumping into an item box can be a problem sometimes. 

64 has a great camera that works to this day

sunshine has a great camera that works to this day

galaxy has a great camera that works to this day

but 3d world does not :(

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#52 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:10 AM

It gives you so much trouble with depth perception, the amount of times I've jumped thinking I should land on a platform just to fall right behind it and die is massive.

Even things like jumping into an item box can be a problem sometimes. 

The missed platform due to depth perception thing happened to me like twice.  Never noticed probs with item box.  Maybe you just aren't very good at platformers?

Edited by kokirii, 05 December 2013 - 06:10 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#53 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:18 AM

I haven't had much of a problem with the camera and depth perception. Shadows are your friend.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#54 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

The missed platform due to depth perception thing happened to me like twice.  Never noticed probs with item box.  Maybe you just aren't very good at platformers?

I like to think not haha

never had this problem in lets say 3d land when the 3d was on.

The problem I think is the camera and even some of the levels seem designed as if you were viewing it in 3d. This probably why I'm quite good at games like sunshine or galaxy but 3d world can end up with me dying because I thought I was going to land somewhere I wasn't.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#55 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

Ive had this game a couple of days and im enjoying it so far,i too find the camera a little dodgy but not to the extreme,,,,its a fun game with nice graphics,not great graphics but there nice :) i wouldnt give it a 10/10 though,more like a solid 8/10,,i still think mario 64 is better than this but then again im only on the end of world 2.

#56 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

Ive had this game a couple of days and im enjoying it so far,i too find the camera a little dodgy but not to the extreme,,,,its a fun game with nice graphics,not great graphics but there nice :) i wouldnt give it a 10/10 though,more like a solid 8/10,,i still think mario 64 is better than this but then again im only on the end of world 2.

20 of the critics have given Super Mario 3D World a perfect 10 and five stars.  I for one truly enjoy playing this game.  Fun, challenging, perfection.  If it weren't for Super Mario 64, there wouldn't be any other Mario three-dimensional platformers... this latest title is one of the few.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#57 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

I know I 100%ed Mario 64 back in the day but I never, never had an erge to revisit it, it left an annoying taste in my mouth, similar to what Wind Waker did.  Recently, I got the HD WW thinking I may change my tune for the game, it didn't ... I would be very reluctant to revisit M64 and never want to even look at Sunshine again.  There are some Mario games I always enjoy revisiting ... SMB, SMB3, SMW, NSMB, NSMBU, GALAXY 1 & 2, and I can already say I will be able to add SM3DW to replay list ... it is a playful and fun game with plenty of variety.

#58 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Just beat the final boss tonight...AMAZING!! On to star world :)  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#59 XxNightfallxX

XxNightfallxX

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Blind Guardian, Elder Scrolls

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

I finished the main portion of the game, and it seems that I have come to a screeching halt at the crown stage.  Am I the only one who is having trouble with this level, or is anyone else having a hard time as well?  I probably died twenty times on that stage.

#60 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

Having played the Galaxy games, I can certainly say 3D World is just a downgrade. The game simply does not deserve the hype it is getting as it isn't a worthy successor to any 3D Mario game published within the last 10 years. AdmiralClassy summarises my whole point.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!