Photo

Fast Racing Neo uses “4-8k Textures”, to Produce “Hyper real Graphics”, says Shi

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:31 AM

NO WAY this game visuals stand up to what they have been saying.

I call BS. The hardware in the U won't allow that to happen.

Right now Shinen is doing this:

muahahaha-o.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#22 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

All we have seen so far is this car.

fast_racing_neo-656x314.jpg'

This is rendered by the Wii U.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:31 AM

While talking to a fan about how it felt having to make 40 megabyte games on the Wii, Shin'en released some interesting information on their next game for the Wii U.
“Since FRN we use 4-8k textures. Means hyper real graphics but 16x storage. Happy this is no prob on WiiU eShop”
Apparently they're using 4-8k textures for the Wii U version of Fast Racing Neo, meaning everything looks "hyper real".

What does this mean for the Wii U?
Did you even know 4-8k textures were possible on the console?

fast-racing-neo.png

Source: http://nintendoenthu...-wii-u-to-have/

Actually, we did know. Support for textures up to 8k was one of the earliest peices of hard confirmed info we got on wii u. I guess it was just forgotten about. But still, able to support, and actually doing are quite different matters.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:29 AM

Saw someone post this on neogaf, pretty great quote if true.

People forget fast. This is was Michael Ancel (Rayman Legends creator) said a year ago:

"[Wii U] ... Surprisingly powerful. You can really have huge textures, and it’s crazy because sometimes the graphic artist – we built our textures in very high-dentition. They could be used in a movie. Then we compress them, but sometimes they forget to do the compression and it still works!"

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#25 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

I bought Jett rocket 2 to support Shin'en. I want them to succeed but at this point they shouldn't say anything else about the hardware. Just let the game speak for itself because if they come out with something that isn't above the best of 7th gen its going to be comical for Wii U hardware spec naysayers.

Edited by GAMER1984, 20 November 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#26 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

I bought Jett rocket 2 to support Shin'en. I want them to succeed but at this point they shouldn't say anything else about the hardware. Just let the game speak for itself because if they come out with something that isn't above the best of 7th gen its going to be comical for Wii U hardware spec naysayers.

Shin'en will deliver on the visuals, naysayers will still find a way to move the goalposts.

For perspective, ps360 textures are typically 512x512 (x2 for really nice textures, used rarely, in enclosed spaces, and much lower for things they dont think the player will look at/get close too.)

What shin en is doing is 8-16x higher res textures.

They will most likely be using such large textures to reduce the horrible super repeated textures plauging games today.

Games can use available memory to have a large variety of textures.... But at a lower resolution to fit in memory, or very clean high res textures, but only a small number, repeating them over and over agaiN... Or usually, a combination of the two, with one or two high res, but small in area textures, repeated to infinity, and unique textures for characters, and set peices.

A typical example well suited to fast racing is the late studio liverpools (fu sony, seriously. F.U.) Wipeout on ps3.

26692_WipeoutHD-05_normal.jpg

If you look at the track, the same patterns are repeated every foot, it starts looking VERY monotonous the farther from the camera it gets.

Shin'en will most likely use these much larger texture to give a more natural, less respetitive look to the environment, where you cant point out the same repeating textures every foot.

unfortunately, im willing to bet shin'en is not allowed to show ANY more media of FAST, as theyve likely made an agreement with nintendo to unviel it via a nintendo direct.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#27 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

what they have said has nothing to do with 4k resolution ! 

#28 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

what they have said has nothing to do with 4k resolution !

Yes, yes it does. Its specifically, and precisely about 4k and 8k resolutions.

TEXTURE resolutions. Who the hell would even think they were talking about output resolution? Not a single person has made ANY reference to output resolution, and it CLEARLY states textures in the thread title.

Since FRN we use 4-8k textures. Means hyper real graphics but 16x storage. Happy this is no prob on WiiU eShop

— Shin’en Multimedia (@ShinenGames) November 19, 2013

There is literally no way to take it any other way.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#29 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Actually, we did know. Support for textures up to 8k was one of the earliest peices of hard confirmed info we got on wii u. I guess it was just forgotten about. But still, able to support, and actually doing are quite different matters.

Oh. Was this before the announcement of the Wii U? I wasn't following news on the console until after E3 2011.

Also thanks for merging my other topic with this one. :)

bi5tzqg.gif

#30 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

Some screenshots or a trailer would be nice.

#31 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

Some screenshots or a trailer would be nice.

As 3Dude said it's probably been agreed that Nintendo shows it off in a Nintendo direct, so Shin'en probably can't show it off themselves yet.

bi5tzqg.gif

#32 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

Shin'en will deliver on the visuals, naysayers will still find a way to move the goalposts.

For perspective, ps360 textures are typically 512x512 (x2 for really nice textures, used rarely, in enclosed spaces, and much lower for things they dont think the player will look at/get close too.)

What shin en is doing is 8-16x higher res textures.

They will most likely be using such large textures to reduce the horrible super repeated textures plauging games today.

Games can use available memory to have a large variety of textures.... But at a lower resolution to fit in memory, or very clean high res textures, but only a small number, repeating them over and over agaiN... Or usually, a combination of the two, with one or two high res, but small in area textures, repeated to infinity, and unique textures for characters, and set peices.

A typical example well suited to fast racing is the late studio liverpools (fu sony, seriously. F.U.) Wipeout on ps3.

26692_WipeoutHD-05_normal.jpg

If you look at the track, the same patterns are repeated every foot, it starts looking VERY monotonous the farther from the camera it gets.

Shin'en will most likely use these much larger texture to give a more natural, less respetitive look to the environment, where you cant point out the same repeating textures every foot.

unfortunately, im willing to bet shin'en is not allowed to show ANY more media of FAST, as theyve likely made an agreement with nintendo to unviel it via a nintendo direct.

We will see... I am just keeping my expectations VERY low. Because I know Wii U backers are waiting on this game to say see look how next gen it is... And if it fails to deliver what will all those shin'en quotes mean... NOTHING just PR the naysayers will say. I am sure it will look good not doubting that but something the ps360 can't produce.... Let's wait and see. Budget man they can't have that high of a budget... Can they?

#33 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

POPULAR

You can really tell who the haters are with news like this, lol.

NO WAY this game visuals stand up to what they have been saying.

Impossible with the hardware in the U

I call BS. The hardware in the U won't allow that to happen.

Edited by Nollog, 20 November 2013 - 03:14 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#34 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

We will see... I am just keeping my expectations VERY low. Because I know Wii U backers are waiting on this game to say see look how next gen it is... And if it fails to deliver what will all those shin'en quotes mean... NOTHING just PR the naysayers will say. I am sure it will look good not doubting that but something the ps360 can't produce.... Let's wait and see. Budget man they can't have that high of a budget... Can they?

Its Shin'en. Thats what they do, and what they have always done.

screen02.jpg

They did this on wiiware with 40Mb.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#35 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

screen02.jpg

That's not really fast racing on the wii is it? If so that's incredible for the wii and only 40mb? I can't even imagine what we're gonna for fast racing neo.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#36 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

screen02.jpg

we will see

You can really tell who the haters are with news like this, lol.

you are one to talk. never been a hater they are just upping this and Wii U in general too much. I would like less talk and more screenshot/videos.

Edited by GAMER1984, 20 November 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#37 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

IMO Fast Racing League on the Wii looks as good as Wipeout HD (of course, not HD, though). It'll be interesting to see what they can do with the Wii U.

bi5tzqg.gif

#38 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

IMO Fast Racing League on the Wii looks as good as Wipeout HD (of course, not HD, though). It'll be interesting to see what they can do with the Wii U.

i will just wait for screenshots and videos. i have never been a fan of devs only talking tech to market their game.

#39 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

i will just wait for screenshots and videos. i have never been a fan of devs only talking tech to market their game.

Yeah, for all we know those 4k textures could be disgusting brown colours that are incredibly uninteresting.

We're all just saying, that based on their track record so far it's a fair chance to look alright :)

bi5tzqg.gif

#40 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

when will this game be released?  I love racing games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!