#1 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

Auzzie didin't make a fighting game thread, so I did.What is your favorite fighting game? Which ones do you hate? My favorite is probably tekken and soul caliber. I can't really explain why, i've just always liked the games since I was a kid. I also enjoy marvel vs. capcom and super smash bros. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#2 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

I love Mortal Kombat, played every single mk game to date. My favorite is probably mk9(ps3/360) and mk2. I always dug mk because it focused on telling a story but also made the combat fun even back in the 90s they had these weird stories for each character and the music was like a horror film or something. The look to them is also very unique it's a dark fantasy look but again they mixed in horror elements which just made it an instant classic in my book.

Also the worst fighting game to me is probably dead or alive and that game ain't bad but it's the least good one I've played.

Other fighting games I like were Tekken, Street Fighter 3( was /is awesome) and blaze blue.

#3 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

killer instinct which is the only game worth having on the xbox one and a game i will miss out on :( loved the n64 version pulling off 80+ hit combos,amazing game...also marvel vs capcom and soul caliber....have never liked super smash bros,its never appealed to me and seems like a random button basher...well to me anyway lol

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

Well, I see how it is.

MASSIVE FAN of 2D fighters. Street Fighter, VS Capcom, BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena, Killer Instinct, Super Smash Bros. and Injustice.

killer instinct which is the only game worth having on the xbox one and a game i will miss out on :( loved the n64 version pulling off 80+ hit combos,amazing game...also marvel vs capcom and soul caliber....have never liked super smash bros,its never appealed to me and seems like a random button basher...well to me anyway lol

Yes, Killer Instinct is the only Xbox One game I'd play at the moment.

As for Smash, I feel that you can't get very intricate with limited attack variety, so you don't get that satisfaction of large combos. Then again, it's not like you are supposed to do that, but it would be fun if the next smash allowed you to do that.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

liked smash, mortal combat is fun too, but i could never get into it for more than a hour =/.

#6 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

Virtua Fighter and Third Strike are probably my favorite fighting games at this point. Though I do enjoy some Melee, meself.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

Admittedly, the only "true" fighting series I'm even remotely good at is maybe Soul Calibur...and I've only played SC2, so I can't really say for sure.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

My favorite fighting game is Melee (it's also my second favorite game of all time, and I've made it well known what my favorite is). I like the accessibility the game has, yet it is also one of the deepest fighting games made. The different battle mechanics also make matches much more fun and tense. If you get stuck in a combo in other fighting games you are screwed unless you can pull off a counter. In Smash as long as you are able to get back on stage you still have a shot.

Then again, the only other fighting game I've enjoyed a lot was Dead or Alive Dimensions, so I may be biased.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#9 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

The Soul Calibur and Guilty Gear series are always a good time.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#10 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

Killer Instinct, Tekken, and Dead or Alive. And I guess Smash Bros if you consider it a fighter.

#11 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

Killer Instinct, Tekken, Dead or Alive, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars & Smash Bros.

5R5PY4h.jpg

#12 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

Tekken, and only Tekken.

#13 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

Smash Bros. Seriously, I've never enjoyed any fighting game anywhere near as much as I enjoy Smash Bros. games.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#14 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

Soul Calibur 2, Smash Bros, Ultimate MK3, and Marvel vs capcom are probably my favs, and I don't reall hate any fighting game or series.

#15 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

Can't go wrong with an Arc System Works fighter, even if the Guilty Gear players constantly try to convince you that Blazblue sucks. (sure, Guilty Gear is better, but that doesn't mean that Blazblue is a bad game)

Smash Bros Melee was pretty good, hopefully SMB4 won't be the floaty mess that Brawl was.

Stay away from Soul Calibur. The first two were merely decent, and they only went downhill from there.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

The only problem with Arcsys games is that they aren't on Wii U.

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:22 AM

Notice how no one has mentioned Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale...

Smash Bros. is my favorite fighting game by the way.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#18 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

I love fighting games, I love almost everything besides lolly school girl fighters, Killer Instinct 2013 is my absolute favorite fighting game that takes a lot of notes from previous successful fighting games and mash it into one and I am so glad that instead of re-releasing "Super Killer Instinct hyper edition" They expand the game even more with seasons, so that is a huge relief that they don't force you to buy $160 for a complete fighting game.

3rd strike is hard to master but its so much fun when you perform parrys. If you want a great 3rd strike experience then try out Dudley, he is easy and so much fun to use.

Marvel series is one of my favorites is because you can puill off so many combos with so many set ups.

Edited by Julio93, 24 November 2013 - 02:06 PM.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#19 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

Tekken, Soul Calibur (1+2), Street Fighter, Dead or Alive and Smash Bros.

Dragonball Z Bodukai Tenka'ichi 3 (on the Wii) is the best £25 I have ever spent.

But Tatsunoku vs. Capcom is fun also.

Not really bothered by any others.

Bring the noise.

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

Notice how no one has mentioned Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale...

I probably would've but I haven't played it yet. I really need to borrow a friends copy so I can steal their Vita code.

[insert emoticon that exists on another IP.board but not on thewiiu that would totally be an appropriate play here]

AuzzieWingman.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fighting, games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!