Photo

Should I consider picking up a GameBoy Micro?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

I can get one for about $50 or so, and games like Superstar Saga and Minish Cap are about $20 from Amazon (problably less on ebay or kijiji). With it's replaceable front I'm sure it'll be durable enough to go onto my keychain, then I can pull it out pretty much any time I have a few minutes (waiting in line, breaks, etc). I do already have a 3DS with a bunch of ds games, but I usually keep it home on it's charger.

Is that a good idea?

Edited by grahamf, 28 November 2013 - 03:28 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

You can get a GBA SP (with a brighter, larger screen) for $40.

I personally don't like the GBA Micro. It's just...meh.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

It fits on a keychain. Otherwise I'd end up leaving it at home, and i already have a 3DS.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

As a Gameboy Micro owner, I say yes. Large amount of games and gorgeous piece of hardware.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#5 Mr. Ferret

Mr. Ferret

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

The Micro was more of a novelty imo.

Also the Micro doesn't have backwards compatibility with Gameboy and Gameboy Color games.

#6 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

First you should ask yourself if you really want an 8 year old handheld...

#7 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

I wouldn't consider it at all. Just stick to the 3DS.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#8 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

Consider it if you can get one for $40 or under?

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

That's what i'm thinking. The place that had one sold it, so I have to start looking elsewhere.

UPDATE Well, I bit the bullet and bought one off eBay. I paid too much for it, but it's an anniversary edition and it comes with the charger and two games. Now I can focus on studying for my finals without being obsessed with hunting all over for one at a great price.

I had checked the local pawn shop and a whole bunch of places in Calgary, only to discover that i had just missed getting an aniversary edition for $30, which was sitting there for a long time (and being the only Micro they ever got)

Edited by grahamf, 07 December 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#10 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

I was thinking of doing the same last year. But then I ended up spending the money on the Wii U. Wooops.

The idea still pops up every once in a while, but without a steady income it's difficult to justify spending the cash on something I already own in two other formats. (Still have a working GBA and SP.) I'm determined to get one at some point later on down the road, but it will be after I get a real job.

First you should ask yourself if you really want an 8 year old handheld...

A beautiful, extremely portable handheld with the amazing Gameboy Advance library to back it. I think it's pretty easy to see the interest in it.

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

While the Advance has an extensive library, I've only found a couple that I really like and is exclusive to the GBA. Those two are Minish Cap And Superstar Saga. I'm almost done Minish Cap and I've gotten sick of Superstar Saga. i really love the system itself, but I have noo need for it anymore. So I'm going to be selling it soon; I just need to wait for the new battery (that I stupidly bought) to come in the mail before I post it on Kijiji.

I wish that Nintendo would just put the Ambassador games in the eShop. It's stupid that i can't get Minish Cap on my 3DS because I didn't buy a 3DS three years ago.

Edited by grahamf, 14 February 2014 - 01:34 AM.

#12 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:46 AM

Gba sp with backlight is the one to get.

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:06 AM

Sure, if you look around you can usually find a nice one, like an anniversary edition for 20-30 bucks.

Its a neat novelty, a keychain that can play great games, and shrinking of the screen while mantaining the same resolution heavily increased the dpi, making for a very nice, albeit tiny picture.

A keychain that plays greatness like Golden sun 1 and 2 would be worth the price to someone who wants it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

The gba sp screen looks crap compared to the micro, looks stretched and washed out. I still have my micro somewere.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!