#1 Ramuh

Ramuh

Goomba

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • Fandom:
    90's Games

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hi everyone!  My name is John, 31, and from Philadelphia.  I just bought a Wii U and I have a quick question about the Wii U Pro controller.  I was going to just pick one up when I bought the system but I thought I'd get some advice from people that actually own one before plunking down 50 bucks.

Basically, I just want to know what it can and can't do.  Can you use it to navigate through the Wii U menu and do things like change system settings, move the icons around, buy games from the Shop, etc? Also, do all Wii U games support the Pro controller?  Right now, I only have Resident Evil: Revelations, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, and the Mario/Luigi game that came with the system.

I like the GamePad's screen but the battery life isn't the greatest (I've turned down the brightness) and it's just too big IMO.  I'm always afraid I'm going to drop it and the room I play in has hardwood floors so that would not be good. I'm just looking for a more traditional controller since that's what I'm used to. I realize that the Pro is not a replacement for the GamePad. I've spent some time this morning looking for answers online, but all the articles I read were from months ago and I thought this would be the best place to get up-to-date information.  Thanks in advance.   

#2 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

I don't believe you can move items around. I bought it to have a decent second controller for multiplayergames. Games like sonicracing and Callofduty. Some people have more trouble using the wiimote+nunchuck as second controller. Also, i prefer it with games that don't really support the second screen. It's quitte a good controller. I prefer the weight and feel of the xbox360 controller over this one but the D-pad on the Controllerpro feels better.

Many games support it, including the Virtual Console titles.

Edited by Lupaie, 01 December 2013 - 09:46 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#3 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

Not all Wii U games support the pro controller.  I think they usually indicate on the box what controllers are supported.  As for gamepad battery, I just got the Nyko UBoost and it helps a lot: http://www.amazon.co...eywords=uboost.  It's not going to help with your complaint about the gamepad being too big, though :( (it screws on to the back)

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#4 Ramuh

Ramuh

Goomba

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • Fandom:
    90's Games

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

Thank you both for your responses.  I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get it.  It's always good to have extra controllers around anyway.  The controller issue aside, I'm loving the system thus far. :)

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

The wii u gamepad is great to me. The batter does suck but they have made a new battery for around $25 that is suppose to be twice as big.

the pro controller basically lets you play games like if it was on an x360 or ps3.As far as the menu of the wii u i dont believe you can do anything .

But as you said its nice to have an extra controller if needed

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 Ramuh

Ramuh

Goomba

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • Fandom:
    90's Games

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

Got my controller today and I'm loving it.  It's really helping me do better in Resident Evil: Revelations.  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!