• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

Don't have PS4 but I have 4 games so far on Xbone which I will share my impressions after one week of playing.

Fifa 14: 1080p looks good but it's very clear EA don't have a clue about using more powerful hardware to create better engines as this is still based on the old engine (Ignite looks last gen). Real 3d modeled fans and the stadiums look good but the gameplay is the same old thing and STILL scripted online. Ok but not worth 9.1 which IGN gave it.

Battlefield 4: I haven't played much of this as halfway through the campaign the game lost my save and restarted me! Typical EA, more bugs than the Amazon jungle. 720p upscaled to 1080p certainly looks sharper than setting the Xbone to output 720p. I feel the bigger maps like in conquest aren't as fun as team deathmatch. Maybe with a large party of friends it would be better.

Forza 5: My favourite game on Xbone so far. Looks really nice in 1080p and doesn't drop from 60fps one bit. Not many cars and tracks make it feel not complete though. Online with 16 cars, high resolution and high fps is impressive for a launch game. Rumble feedback through the triggers is a good feature.

Killer Instinct: Played Dojo  and some online matches and it seems interesting for sure. I love fighting games but it will never beat Street Fighter's depth. It's decent because it's free to play with one character and I won't be buying the others until I get a acrade stick for Xbone at some point.

Looking to buy some Wii U games along with Dead Rising 3 for Xbone at Christmas (from the girlfriend) and wondering if anyone else want's to give your impressions, feel free.

Edited by Forza Juventus, 02 December 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

Resogun is like defender on acid.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Dead Rising 3-Open world zombie slaying fun but its a jumbled mess to control. The story is a run of the mill Resident Evil Raccoon City knock off at best but at least it has some what likeable characters.

Ryse- Really stunning game. Best graphics I have seen yet. Combat is beautiful but repetitive and can get annoying after long play times. Things switch up more often than people will lead to believe when you progress through the story. The game is super short and only took me 6 hours to beat. So I suggest getting it used unless you like new games like i do.

Battlefield 4-Ive sunk the most time into this game so far. Multiplayer is stellar. Love the destruction. Pistol is oddly strong and I find my self using it more than the Assault Rifle during team deathmatch. The story is annoying me because I cant get it to save my progress for some reason! 

Killer Instinct- Best fighting game ive played in years. I really love Sabrewulf and the stage design is really beautiful. Injustice has nothing on this game its so fast and every button command is smooth as silk and combos feel so rewarding.

NBA 2K14-life like and the best Basketball Sim to date. Ive been playing since 2k6 and with the new mycareer story mode im addicted. Only problem is with the slow players.

Assassins Creed 4:Black Flag- I hate pirates but Im loving the Assassins creed side of this game. The story is okay but its getting better. The combat is still crummy as ever but the climbing and moving has been enhanced. The boat battles are suprisingly fun, and I like Edward Kenway even though he isnt a true Assassin at least not yet? Im 100 percenting every area getting the collectables, viewpoints, ect. So no telling when ill be done.

Call of Duty Ghosts- Havent even opened it up yet do to being so sunk into Battlefield 4. I think its crazy ive had it for so long without even opening it yet and it doesnt even bother me.

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

I have tried 5 PS4 games now and here is what I would personally rate and say about them all:

NBA 2k14 - 9/10

A great basketball game for next-generation. Graphics are good.

Madden 25 - 8.9/10

This game is getting some bad reviews, but I like the subtle additions since previous Madden games, like new animations and better crowds for next-gen.

Need for Speed Rivals - 8.2/10

An okay racer that isn't for everyone, but could still please a lot of people. Decent graphics.

FIFA 14 - 8/10

A game that just seems... old-school to me, during actual gameplay. Still fun though.

Killzone: Shadow Fall - 8/10

A graphical game that is a shooter. I haven't played it much yet but it's a little slow starting out and not a whole large barrel of fun, but still a good game.

#5 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

I have the ps4 :)

need for speed...great graphics and the cars handle VERY nice (especially compared to most wanted) sound is also very good in this game,its fun but can be frustraiting at times due to the police when you are playing as a racer,you lose them and then they appear out of no where to resume the chase,chases can last what seems like a long time and if you dont get to a safe house quick you usually get busted and lose all your points...i still find it a fun and enjoyable game mainly down to the handling but the police can be frustraiting at times

killzone 4...AMAZING graphics in single player and online,the campaign is good and pritty engaging,the game is very smooth and i havnt encountered any glitches in the story mode yet....multiplayer is GREAT fun and reminds me a little of halo in the way it plays,enemies no longer take a whole clip to die and infact you can kill 2 enemies with one clip which is an improvement on past games,the game on the whole runs smooth online but i have had the occasional bit of lag,overall i think its a great game...oh did i mention the AMAZING graphics :)

battlefield 4....my most played game since i got my ps4,i LOVE it,graphics are very nice with good lighting,the game runs smooth online on the whole BUT i have also experienced lag every now and then and one glitch so far which only seems to happen on 64 player games,sometimes alot of the sound cuts out and then comes back again,it hasnt happened much but is a bit enoying when it does,still even with the occasional lag and sound cutting issues i think this game is GREAT, and one of the best fps ive played...campaign is good but i have only spent around 2 hrs on it so far,again the graphics are very nice and the game runs smooth but this game is all about the multiplayer imo and i dont find the campaign as engaging as killzone

resogun....great shooter with very nice graphics,this game is VERY smooth and controls great,its easy to fly your ship around the screen dodging enemies attacks while shooting at the same time,very fun game,i thought i wouldnt like it but i actually do,i am poop at it though lol and have only got to level 3 so far,dont really know what else to say about this game except its addictive and fun with cool graphics

ive also downloaded war thunder but havnt tried it yet

i am LOVING my ps4 overall so far

#6 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

Well I only own a ps4 at the moment but I have tried the x1 enough to have an opinion lol.

BF4(X1)- I love this game and I can't wait to get it for my PS4, the online is fantastic and it's beautiful. I played it for a good 10 hours with a friend. 9-10

Killer Instinct- fun game and probably my personal favorite exclusive. Idk if I would buy a system for this game but it's really fun and very intense when facing good competition. The visuals are very good but nothing spectacular like when SF4 or mortal Kombat came out for last gen. Still I like the combo system and how each character has a strength and weaknesses. 8.5-10

Forza- well Forza is Forza just really well made racing sim and very cool progression system that makes you want to hit the road just to try to unlock a new vehicle. 8-10

Dead Rising- this game was pretty boring to me it's the one I spent the least time with just very repetitive and not for me. 6-10

PS4

Killzone- very underrated shooter imo, the story ain't strong but it flows well enough to keep you entertained. It also plays well and the online is fast and just entertaining. 8-10

Resogun-awesome, awesome,awesome just what a game needs to be fun. 8.5-10

NBA2k14-great game but plays like the last gen. Still the visuals and physics improved drastically and myplayer is as fun as ever. Plus the presentation is spot on. 9-10

Edited by LinkKennedy, 02 December 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#7 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

Resogun is my most played game surprisingly, the graphics are stunning, I found myself concentrating one everything going on around me more than what was coming at me! Didn't get me far :D

#8 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

Knack is meh. I don't understand how it outsold Mario in the UK.

Edited by R00bot, 04 December 2013 - 08:09 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:57 AM

Knack is meh. I don't understand how it outsold Mario un the UK.

Marketing is more important than quality. Its not what a game is, its what you can fool the weakminded into thinking it is.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:54 AM

Knack is meh. I don't understand how it outsold Mario un the UK.

Knack is a great game and a great homage to the old school platforners. People seem to be way too hung up on the media review scores rather then playing it themselves and making there own mind up. I've got both games and both are fun and enjoyable to play.

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:23 AM

I've only played Knack and Killer Instinct at demo stations, so these are just my first impressions.

Killer Instinct looks really good. The stages and characters are detailed, and I couldn't tell it was at 720p even on the massive TV I teied it out on at the Microsoft Store. The game ran extremely smoothly and it was a lot of fun, even if I had no idea what I was doing.

Knack bored me within minutes. The game looked good, but enemies and pieces that fall off you when you get hit disappear almost instantly without any effect (no explosion, puff of smoke, or anything to make ot not look as bad as it did). It ran smoothly without any drops. The level design and game mechanics were really simple. The combat was really easy and the levels were really boring. It reminded me of the old licensed lego games without any of the charm of being Luke Skywalker or Batman.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#12 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Knack is a great game and a great homage to the old school platforners. People seem to be way too hung up on the media review scores rather then playing it themselves and making there own mind up. I've got both games and both are fun and enjoyable to play.

I've played knack. If you ask me, it was as bad or worse than what the reviewers were saying about it. As TheUltimateWaddleDee said, it feels a lot like the earlier licensed Lego games (I wasn't a fan of them, either).

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#13 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

I think knack is a solid 6 which basically means it's not worth 65 dollars but it's not god awful either.

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

I've played knack. If you ask me, it was as bad or worse than what the reviewers were saying about it. As TheUltimateWaddleDee said, it feels a lot like the earlier licensed Lego games (I wasn't a fan of them, either).

I have to disagree. Its better then many recent platform/adventure games. Its far better then what the critics say and nothing like the Lego games. The Lego games are not as good as Knack and unlike the latter they are actually quite boring and a chore to play.

I think knack is a solid 6 which basically means it's not worth 65 dollars but it's not god awful either.

In my opinion its more like a solid 8.

#15 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

I have to disagree. Its better then many recent platform/adventure games. Its far better then what the critics say and nothing like the Lego games. The Lego games are not as good as Knack and unlike the latter they are actually quite boring and a chore to play.

A solid 8? lmao ok fanboy.

#16 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

You said it yourself. If they've played Knack, then their opinion is just as valid as yours. Just because you like a mediocre game doesn't change the fact that it's mediocre. I like Other M and it's one of my favorite games, but I'd have to be a blind fanboy to deny that it's a mediocre game and deserved lower scores than it actually received.

Edited by Gaymer, 04 December 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#17 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

You said it yourself. If they've played Knack, then their opinion is just as valid as yours. Just because you like a mediocre game doesn't change the fact that it's mediocre. I like Other M and it's one of my favorite games, but I'd have to be a blind fanboy to deny that it's a mediocre game and deserved lower scores than it actually received.

thats MASSIVE condradiction right there (excuse the spelling) how can you say your favorite game is also mediocre and deserved lower scores??? lol surely if its your favorite game then to you its amazing and worth a high score

i dont understand some people on here lol if the guy above enjoys knack them its not mediocre to him is it and if he likes it and gives it an 8 then thats what it is to him...alot of youtubers actually love knack and rate it higher than the scores its recieved,ive not played it as im not sure i would like it but im sure it will be enjoyable to quite a few people

dont be a sheep and hate a game just because it got bad reviews,try it and make up your own mind :)

#18 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

thats MASSIVE condradiction right there (excuse the spelling) how can you say your favorite game is also mediocre and deserved lower scores??? lol surely if its your favorite game then to you its amazing and worth a high score

i dont understand some people on here lol if the guy above enjoys knack them its not mediocre to him is it and if he likes it and gives it an 8 then thats what it is to him...alot of youtubers actually love knack and rate it higher than the scores its recieved,ive not played it as im not sure i would like it but im sure it will be enjoyable to quite a few people

dont be a sheep and hate a game just because it got bad reviews,try it and make up your own mind :)

It's not a contradiction at all. I don't let my personal bias affect the actual state of the game. This is a concept that not many people seem to understand. Just because I enjoy a game doesn't mean that it is a good game fundamentally. Unfortunately, people let their feelings take over to decide whether a game is bad or not.

#19 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

people confuse me on here lol "oh i like that game...but its cr*p" lmao

#20 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

Knack getting low critic scores and this guy saying it's a solid 8 is fine, unless you have actually played it like I have. Nothing wrong with someones opinion but I have to disagree about a solid 8. That's insane.

A solid 4 I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!