Photo

How many people do you are going to buy a Wii for Christmas?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

How many people do you know personally that have not bought a Wii U yet but will witout a doubt buy one before Christmas?  Have you invited your friends over to play a Wii U and exposed them to Mario 3D World?  If so, how did they react?

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#2 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

I would say a solid  347 people will buy a wiiu.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Some relatives came over and had a blast with Nintendoland, but they won't buy one until Smash Bros comes out.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

best title 2013.

I don't know anyone looking at getting a wii u that I know of, but I've shown it off to family plenty of times.
They're interested, but things are still tight here.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

I don't even think anybody I know knows what a Wii U is much less plan on buying one.  I'm almost embarrassed to say that I have one.

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

I like my Wii U. I don't know anybody that wants one though. My brother-in-law is a devoted Sega fan, so I might pick up an old Wii and preload it with all of the virtual console sega games. But that's it.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

i brought it to california when i was with family and the gamepad blew them away
its jsut one of those things you need to witness first hand i guess

more or less what im saying is, i got 5 different families to buy one

Edited by SPG, 06 December 2013 - 05:00 PM.

wa3Nq7j.png

#8 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

Ummm... with the PS 4 and the other one available, we can officially rename it the Wii Y.

I know one guy who bought one last year.

No one I know wants one now.

It is truly a lost cause. Well except for the Nintendo faithful such as myself.

#9 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:56 AM

Me reading the thread title:

To answer your question: No.

I don't even have one yet and I don't plan on getting one, my brother recently got an Xbox One but I'm not a console gamer anyway so I'll stick to handheld and PC.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#10 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:10 AM

I know one friend that might get one. He liked Nintendoland a lot.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#11 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

Not a single person that I know is likely to ever buy a Wii U, sadly... Well, maybe a couple. :P

We've had people over to our house, and we've played Wii U games, but not since I got Super Mario 3D World, but I don't think it's the type of thing they'd like. They wouldn't see how amazing it is, just that it's "another Mario game". They enjoy Nintendo Land well enough, though.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#12 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

All of my friends are PC gamers, so it's incredibly unlikely.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#13 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

Wow, I know 2 people that said they are buying them for christmas, then again, I don't know anyone personally that got a PS4 or XBOX ONE either!

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#14 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

I find it rather amazing that PS4 did 100, 000 more units in 24 hours than the Wii U sold in 1 year in Europe or England. ... or whatever.

Oh. It was like 250, 000 PS4 to 150, 000 Wii U. Appears Americans are the only ones silly enough to buy a Wii U.

Edited by Dharmanator, 05 December 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

I find it rather amazing that PS4 did 100, 000 more units in 24 hours than the Wii U sold in 1 year in Europe or England. ... or whatever.

Oh. It was like 250, 000 PS4 to 150, 000 Wii U. Appears Americans are the only ones silly enough to buy a Wii U.

IKR, hype machines selling Sony consoles with no games for them. Historically, the UK has always backed the failure products Sony puts out like the PSP and PSV.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

i don't know anyone that will buy a WiiU.

#17 ProfessorPanda

ProfessorPanda

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

No one I know. In fact, when I bought a Wii U and put a picture on Facebook, my friends has some very negative comments. I might have said my cousins, but their parents bought them a PS3 last Christmas so Wii U is probably out of the question this year.

#18 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

FWIW, I saw some soccer moms looking at one at Walmart today- nobody was looking at the other machines.  Mario 3d was sold out

#19 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

You know, site after site, news publication after news publication .... They are all saying that of the PS4, XBOX One, and Wii U, right now, this Christmas, the Wii U is the system to get ... and I agree ...

#20 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

IKR, hype machines selling Sony consoles with no games for them. Historically, the UK has always backed the failure products Sony puts out like the PSP and PSV.

78 million PSPs is a failure? Wii U won't reach half that number.

You know, site after site, news publication after news publication .... They are all saying that of the PS4, XBOX One, and Wii U, right now, this Christmas, the Wii U is the system to get ... and I agree ...

Funny that they say that, but that is really a short term benefit. Yes, they are trying to dump the system with a price cut. Yes, a year later we have some games.

But what happens in a year when the PS4 library starts to grow?

I know if I could have only one system, it would not be the Wii U. And that is the way sales will trend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!