Photo

How many people do you are going to buy a Wii for Christmas?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

78 million PSPs is a failure? Wii U won't reach half that number.

Funny that they say that, but that is really a short term benefit. Yes, they are trying to dump the system with a price cut. Yes, a year later we have some games.

But what happens in a year when the PS4 library starts to grow?

I know if I could have only one system, it would not be the Wii U. And that is the way sales will trend.

I certainly think Nintendo have got to be a lot more consistent with their releases if they want to sell systems.

Next year is still pretty uncertain for Wii U outside of Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. Granted those are 3 big releases but I know of barely anything else, and there is not guarantee that there will be a huge list coming.

#22 DanI

DanI

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

I know nobody with a Wii U or who intend to buy a Wii U :( I also know nobody with a 3DS; I walked all over the town with my 3DS and didn't get a single SpotPass. I think I'm the only one who has Nintendo consoles in my town :) I can't say people hate Nintendo here; they are just ignorant. When I told them I bought a Wii U they asked: What is it? - A game console, I responded. Aha, a playstation! - this is the reply I got most often. :wacko:  I don't know what to say after this kind of talking; I often say ok and leave <_<  I am tired of explaining there are other consoles beside playstation.

Please excuse my poor English...

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:05 AM

78 million PSPs is a failure? Wii U won't reach half that number.

Funny that they say that, but that is really a short term benefit. Yes, they are trying to dump the system with a price cut. Yes, a year later we have some games.

But what happens in a year when the PS4 library starts to grow?

I know if I could have only one system, it would not be the Wii U. And that is the way sales will trend.

That's right, compare a rainbowty failure of a handheld only used by pirates to pirate old nintendo and sega games to a home console 1 year out.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

The reality is, most true gamers usually own more than one system and in many cases, its a Nintendo system and something else.  So if you are someone who will eventually own two systems, it makes much more sense to buy a Wii U now and I say that because Nintendo games hold their value longer than games from other systems.  This means that by just waiting a year or two, the other systems games will drop dramatically in price where Nintendo games will cost the same as they do now or only slightly cheaper.

But when it boils down to it, if I could only own one system, I would choose the Wii U ... Nintendo games are always of higher quality in terms of fun and game mechanics, and they also have a wider appeal ... I have been playing Super Mario 3D world co op with a 4 year old!  We both love it!  Why?  Because the 4 year old can pick up the invincible powerup and the 45 year old can avoid it ... both play and both enjoy the game!  Other game companies make games specifically targeted at specific audiences and if you do not fall into that audience, you probably will not enjoy the game or it will not be appropriate for you.  The Wii U also has some adult only games although many adults wish it had more of them.  I keep saying eventually I will buy a PS4 to scratch my 1st person shooter itch but if Nintendo came out with some new IP (yes a few) FPSs, I would not even ever have the need for a PS4.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#25 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

I don't know anyone getting it for Chirstmas, but I know a couple of my friends that play competitive smash are planning to buy it when Smash 4 comes out.

Also wanted to say, why are some people even on these forums if all they have to say about the Wii U is how it's going to fail. I can understand if you don't own one, but you respect Nintendo/ have interest in nintendo and have positive things to say as well. But people who just come on a site specifically for Wii U only to say negative things 24/7, grind my gears. Go to some other discussion board. I'm sure there's at least one Nintendo-haitng board out there. Go have fun circle-jerking.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#26 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

I find it very annoying myself, especially those that say they don't own a Wii U and have no interest in buying one ... why would you even come to this site at all?  Have you lost your mind?  I would never even visit an XBOX site because I have zero interest in it ... and I certainly would not visit it just to say bad things about it, especially when I don't own it and can't say anything about it from 1st hand experience ... REDICULOUS !!!

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!