• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

why do we want ports of xbox and ps3 games when we would be playing last gen games?? because the wii u is not that much better than wats out there i think you all will be extremely dissapointed when you realize that there is going to be hardly any difference between the wii u and the 360 or ps3. why would i buy one?? i already have a xbox that can pretty much do the same thing. before the ps3 came out everyone was like its 200% better than xbox because it has this many processors or blah blah it was exactly the same the wii u is wat the wii should have been 4 years ago. i am a nintendo fan but im not expecting anything more than a xbox 360 with i little bit more shine. zelda hd should have been made 4 years ago!!!!!!!! another year or so the wii u will be old technology once again getting watered down ports.

#2 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

POPULAR

*Facepalm* Little fun fact for ya. MOST OF THE X-BOX 360'S LAUNCH TITLES WERE ADVANCE HD VERSIONS OF X-BOX/GAMECUBE/PS2 GAMES! Is the X-Box 360 only as powerful as the X-Box? Heck no! Most of the developers have said that the Wii U versions of games will be deluxe versions. Ya know, deluxe as in, "If you want the best version, get this or the PC version." Just because many of the currently announced games are also on the 360/PS3, doesn't mean that that it isn't powerful enough to be considered a next gen system.
Posted Image

#3 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

Oh boy. Another fanboy....

1) As Andy said, the Xbox 360 was like that, and it was a huge success
2) Dude, these versions are going to be WAY better than the Xbox and PS3 versions
3) There is a difference. Just look at the controller.

EDIT: 4) This is your only chance to get Zelda HD. BUY THE WII U!!!!

Edited by Link, 21 October 2011 - 04:02 PM.

Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:04 PM

i back andy and link on this one. do the research bro, akham city, ninja gaiden, colonial marines and dark siders 2 will all look better on wii u according to developers. PLUS the rumour that wii u is only 50% more powerful than ps3 is just a RUMOUR!! and its an outdated rumour, there was a developer (EA i think) that said they estimate the wii u to be 3-5 times more powerful than ps3 based on the dev kits they've recieved. PLUS the ps4 and next box wont be overpowerful since the ps3 and xbox 360 lost a tonne of money for being overpowered. nintendo wins again :D
Posted Image

#5 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

Quick to make predictions aren't we? We haven't even seen much of what the WiiU can actually do in terms of power so why don't we wait and see? Also getting ports of games like Arkham city is kind of a good thing. It shows that 3rd parties might actually be a bit interested in the WiiU, hopefully they won't pull the same sort of crap they did with the 3DS and cancel or delay new projects they have planned for the system. If you're that worried the WiiU will be a flop and terrible you can hold out on buying it and wait and see the results. Or pass it up and get whatever Microsoft and Sony have to offer.

Also Consoles are all ways years behind the PC. The xbox and Ps3 were pretty much outdated themselves around launch. You want a top of the end gaming system you need a PC.
Posted Image

#6 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

If you count the LIEKS.... it's 5-1.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#7 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

I can't stand the way everybody is assuming things based purely on speculation. We don't know how powerful the Wii U is yet. Wait for the official specs, THEN we can make statements like 'the Wii U is last gen' or 'the Wii U is three times as powerful as the PS3'.

#8 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

We can not judge the Wii u at all yet. We need to have it in our hands to be sure. So can we please stop these kind of fights.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#9 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

why do we want ports of xbox and ps3 games when we would be playing last gen games?? because the wii u is not that much better than wats out there i think you all will be extremely dissapointed when you realize that there is going to be hardly any difference between the wii u and the 360 or ps3. why would i buy one?? i already have a xbox that can pretty much do the same thing. before the ps3 came out everyone was like its 200% better than xbox because it has this many processors or blah blah it was exactly the same the wii u is wat the wii should have been 4 years ago. i am a nintendo fan but im not expecting anything more than a xbox 360 with i little bit more shine. zelda hd should have been made 4 years ago!!!!!!!! another year or so the wii u will be old technology once again getting watered down ports.

Let me point out a simple fact to you:
The best looking games on Consoles come out near the death of said console.
So yeah, the power is underutilized at launch. Need any proof, compare SM64DS to KH:ReC. The jump in graphics is noticeable, and as I said, it's a lot easier to tell the power of a machine near the end of it's life. Add this in with how Nintendo will 1080p to at least 2 screens, so graphic's wont even be a problem

Edited by N Harmonia, 21 October 2011 - 05:12 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#10 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

The Wii U has been revealed like a single crumb we don't even now the power yet.If your talking about how the Wii U will compete with Next Gen Sony and Microsoft then.......
Nintendo Wii U:2012 Q2

Sony NextPlay:2013 Q3 Or Q4,2014

Microsoft NextBox:2013 Q2 Or Q3

If Nintendo FAILS to not push out TPG,FPG(New IP'S),Price and proper Online Nintendo Will get shuned.
If Sony FAILS keep a PSN Security good and Proper Launch They Will get shunned for 1-2 years.
If Microsoft FAILS to Push Out New IP'S They will get shunned.
Hardware wise Sony will take that award.
Online for Microsoft
Nintendo for exclusive's

IMO this is how Next Gen Will Go.
Posted Image

#11 kaioslive09

kaioslive09

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything nintendo related

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

idc about none of this lmao i just want my WiiU and lets not be like the 3DS blog plz we'er more mature then that

#12 Makar

Makar

Grand Curator of Random Facts

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, Tales of..

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

I don't really think there is much more to say on the topic, we've heard from EA the Wii U will be 300-500% more powerful than the Xbox-PS3. The developers of Metro : Last Light and Darksiders 2 have both stated that the Wii U version will be superior. The Darksiders 2 producer says he is impressed with what the Wii U can do, Cytek are very happy with the Wii U, THQ says they're committed to the Wii U and plan to do more than just ports with it and the Braid creator said the Wii U has more RAM than the Xbox/PS3

I've just disproved all of your points with EVIDENCE. I also agree with N, the best graphics are at the end of a system's life.

Edited by Makar, 22 October 2011 - 11:39 AM.

Posted Image

#13 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:00 AM

Is it just me or is most of your logic flawed, Eskimo?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#14 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:07 AM

i wouldnt call it logic just a gut feeling i hope im totally wrong the end of the day i dont care what name is on the console xbox nintendo or sony. plus everyone has gone stupid and is beleiving everything that is said. wake up people people will tell u anything to make sure u buy there stuff. no one knows i repeat NO ONE so people that are cracking the poopos because i have an opinion can go and play with there little wii motes wat i said could happen as much as all the little nintendo girls dont want it too. i want someone to buy out nintendo and start turning there great ideas into something better than the kiddie crap there is now

#15 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:27 AM

I wouldn't call it logic, just a gut feeling. I hope I'm totally wrong at the end of the day. I dont care what name is on the console Xbox Nintendo or Sony. Plus everyone has gone stupid and is believing everything that is said. Wake up people, people will tell you anything to make sure you buy they're stuff. No one knows, I repeat NO ONE, so people that are cracking the poopos because I have an opinion can go and play with there little wii motes what I said could happen as much as all the little Nintendo girls don't want it too. I want someone to buy out nintendo and start turning they're great ideas into something better than the kiddie crap there is now

*Sigh* I have just lost all respect I never had for you.

Nevermind the TON of developers who are praising the Wii U in the specs side. NOTHING will change your mind, you're just close-minded.
BTW, Nintendo is not really making kiddy stuff.

Edited by Waller, 23 October 2011 - 01:29 AM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#16 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:10 AM

I don't really see how this thread is going to go anywhere if you're choosing not to believe any of the evidence given by other members. I don't think there's any real reason to believe that the Wii U hardware is a flop at this point in time. I'm locking this thread now as I can see a flame war breaking out here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!