Photo

What do I need to play local multiplayer?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Juusuhako

Juusuhako

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

This may sound like a really stupid question, but im investing in a Wii U and Mario 3D world. It says it has local multiplayer, but what does the other person need of controller to play with me? Does he also need a Gamepad? (cause theyre quite expensive).

#2 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:24 AM

No wii u game uses a second gamepad.

Your need a wii mote or pro control.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:36 AM

As Xile6 said, those work fine. Super Mario 3d world actually supports all Wii U and Wii controllers available on the market, so you can't go wrong.

I'd suggest Wii Mote + initially for the game.

Down the road consider investing in a pro controller and some nunchuks for the Wii Mote +'s, some games for the Wii U work well with these options.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Juusuhako

Juusuhako

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

As Xile6 said, those work fine. Super Mario 3d world actually supports all Wii U and Wii controllers available on the market, so you can't go wrong.

I'd suggest Wii Mote + initially for the game.

Down the road consider investing in a pro controller and some nunchuks for the Wii Mote +'s, some games for the Wii U work well with these options.

Now you're just downright confusing me. You're telling me to invest in various controllers because some games work better with controllers from the Wii era, on Wii U games?

Im not really interested in having 3-4 different controllers laying around and check which one might work best with what games, that seems ridiculous. Im assuming all Wii U games will work best with the Wii U Gamepad, and should I buy some regular Wii games im sure I can make it work... I just need a basic 2nd controller for a 2nd player for Mario 3D World. :D

#5 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

If you love xbox 360 contoller you can get a Wii U Pro controller or you can stick just with your good old gamepad ( i do that )

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

Now you're just downright confusing me. You're telling me to invest in various controllers because some games work better with controllers from the Wii era, on Wii U games?

Im not really interested in having 3-4 different controllers laying around and check which one might work best with what games, that seems ridiculous. Im assuming all Wii U games will work best with the Wii U Gamepad, and should I buy some regular Wii games im sure I can make it work... I just need a basic 2nd controller for a 2nd player for Mario 3D World. :D

For super mario 3d world, go with Wii Mote + for your friends.

Some Wii U games, like pikmin 3 work much better with a wii mote +/nunchuk, although it's not required as you can use the gamepad.

Games like Wii Sports Club require Wii mote +, Sonic and Mario Olympics requires Wii Mote + , nunchuk for some events etc.

Edited by Sorceror12, 08 December 2013 - 08:46 AM.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Juusuhako

Juusuhako

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

If you love xbox 360 contoller you can get a Wii U Pro controller or you can stick just with your good old gamepad ( i do that )

I have seen the Wii U Pro Cont., but its so expensive on top of the actual console.

For super mario 3d world, go with Wii Mote + for your friends.

Some Wii U games, like pikmin 3 work much better with a wii mote +/nunchuk, although it's not required as you can use the gamepad.

Games like Wii Sports Club require Wii mote +, Sonic and Mario Olympics requires Wii Mote + , nunchuk for some events etc.

Seems odd to just sit with a regular Wii Mote in one hand and play games, heh... (im used to having both hands on my controller :P)

What about a game like Zelda: Skyward Sword? Can you use a Wii U Gamepad? Would I have to raise my gamepad to raise the sword?

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

nintendo-wiimote-nunchuck.jpg

2j128vn.png

I have seen the Wii U Pro Cont., but its so expensive on top of the actual console.

Seems odd to just sit with a regular Wii Mote in one hand and play games, heh... (im used to having both hands on my controller :P)
What about a game like Zelda: Skyward Sword? Can you use a Wii U Gamepad? Would I have to raise my gamepad to raise the sword?

You would need to use the controls designed for Skyward Sword. Wii Mote +

tumblr_mn6iyj77oa1s0hia6o1_250.gif

Edited by Sorceror12, 08 December 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#9 Juusuhako

Juusuhako

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

nintendo-wiimote-nunchuck.jpg

2j128vn.png

You would need to use the controls designed for Skyward Sword. Wii Mote +

tumblr_mn6iyj77oa1s0hia6o1_250.gif

Okay cool. In regards to the whole side-way thing, I figured since the A button is right next to the arrow-buttons (which is where I assumed you would Jump in the Mario game), it would be odd to hold it sideways but only use one end of the controller.

#10 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

Okay cool. In regards to the whole side-way thing, I figured since the A button is right next to the arrow-buttons (which is where I assumed you would Jump in the Mario game), it would be odd to hold it sideways but only use one end of the controller.

nintendo control schemes are quite versatile. If you aren't using a nunchuk and just hold the remote sideways you use the 1 and 2 buttons for jump and run/action, not A.

I would prefer a wii mote + nunchuk or a pro controller or a classic controller for Mario 3dworld because by itself a wii mote doesn't have an analog stick and I think moving in a 3d world using the wii mote's dpad would be awkward.

Edited by kokirii, 08 December 2013 - 10:11 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

Ever play super Nintendo?

You hold the wii mote sideways like that.

But all you need is a wii mote plus.

Get a pro controller later on down the road for games like call of duty for split screen play.

Most multiplayer games will use a wii mote + and nunchuck or pro controller.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#12 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

All you really need is the Wii Remote plus, but some games require the nunchuck also, and some games work best with a Pr controller.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#13 Juusuhako

Juusuhako

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:28 AM

Sorry to bring up the thread again.

I found a "Wii Classic Controller"on sale, will this work with Wii U and Super Mario 3D World? Does it plug directly into the Wii U or into a Wii Mote?

Edited by Juusuhako, 09 December 2013 - 06:31 AM.

#14 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

The classic controller and classic controller pro connect to the wiimote. Only the pro controller is wireless.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#15 Juusuhako

Juusuhako

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

Oh, okay. I may aswell get the wireless then. Just gonna have to get Wii remote and nunchuck later. After all, for now all I have is Wind Waker and Mario 3D World. :)

Ty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!