Photo

Mother 4 Wii U

Mother Wii U

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Mother 4 Wii U (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Would You Want It?

1. Yes (6 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Maybe (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Yes But A 3DS Version (3 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:20 AM

This has probaly has a 10% chance happening and 1% from getting localization. Nintendo could put up mother 3 on 3DS in all regions and see how It will sell. Now brownie brown can probaly make 3D games easier just look at fantasy life. But in all in all this will probaly NEVER happen :( *Goes Crying In The Corner*

Edited by PK-Gaming, 23 October 2011 - 06:22 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

The creator of mother said he wouldn't be making a mother 4. If a mother 4 were to be made, it wouldn't be by the same person.

#3 Ponkotsu

Ponkotsu

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Opoona, Mother, Dragon Quest

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

Shigesato Itoi has actually said that he'd support the series continuing without him, however.

That said, I'd love to see another entry, and to see a global release, but I don't expect to. I'd be happy with a StarTropics revival to fill the void - considering that the series was western exclusive and could use a reimagining to finally introduce it to Japan, and it did deal with much the same subject matter as the Mother series - whether a turn-based RPG or action-RPG. Or even a brand new whimsical modern-setting RPG with a goofy visual style and lots of humor would be appealing. Opoona's the closest we've gotten to a new Mother game outside of Japan as is, and I'm really hoping ArtePiazza gets the chance to make more original RPGs like that on the 3DS and Wii U yet. And I'm just as curious to see what lies ahead for Brownie Brown after Fantasy Life. Magical Vacation 2/Starsign was a lot of fun as was, and all their branching into more outright Mother-esque games after their history with Mother 3 since then - as with London Life and Fantasy Life - definitely makes me want to see them cook up some kind of successor too.

As it stands, even if the series is effectively over, there's always room for them to pass the torch and create something new that draws inspiration heavily from the Mother series and actually bring that west. And of course, there's always eShop RPGs. I'm always curious to see what kinds of lower-budget RPGs devs of all sizes cook up for download services, relatively rare as those are.

#4 Merchiodos

Merchiodos

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Fandom:
    LINK <3

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:01 AM

I never played Mother or Earthbound, but from the stuff I've seen, it looks like a really good game. Mother should be on Wii U and Earthbound should be on 3DS and the 2 games should link with each other in some some way and a whole game is being played.
Posted Image

If only Link was real <3

#5 Jstar269

Jstar269

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Universe

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

a 3DS VERISION is a own.

a 3DS VERISION is a own.

#6 PrimedMetroid

PrimedMetroid

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Mario, Kid Icarus, Deus Ex

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

Mother / Earthbound hasn't been around for a long time (2006!). Many people only know who Ness / Lucas is from Smash Bros., so I could see a Mother reboot than a Mother 4, where turn-based strategy is turned into real-time strategy.

For me, this works better than turn-based combat as real-time combat is mostly more engaging than turn-based games. However, since Mother is big in Japan and turn-based RPGs reign supreme there (I think), I don't see it happening. It makes me sad, but a Mother 4 / reboot is unlikely.
Howdy, I'm PrimedMetroid, and I'm about playing games and having a blast. Thank you and good night.

Wii U Friend Code: TBA
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993
Posted Image

#7 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

Starmen.net has been asking for any sort of mother game for years now so it's got to happen at some moment right? Nintendo is pretty good at replicating the charms of of their previous games so even is Shigesato Itoi isn't on board I'm sure whom ever leads the project will be just as good. The thing is though even if we did get a new Mother game, due to America's bizarre advertising, Earhbound was a bomb so knowing that I find it hard to imagine NoA even releasing it here.

Eh... So yeah maybe we should all just pray really hard and Nintendo will grant them... It;s a reference by the way.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mother, Wii U

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!