Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

Skyward Sword is probably my favorite Zelda game

I don't think that's all that controversial. A lot of people loved it. I think I even heard some say it was the best game since OoT.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#102 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

I don't think that's all that controversial. A lot of people loved it. I think I even heard some say it was the best game since OoT.

A lot of my friends don't like that game and I am often the only one who does.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#103 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

I feel like thats because on 1) Its not like OoT like MM, and Twilight Princess were (Reason why their popular) 2) Graphics, though I think there the best. 3) Motion Controls, I prefered them...

Super Mario Sunshine was better then the Galaxy series.

Stupid Snowmads!

#104 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:55 AM

I doubted that I understood the gameplay aspect of AnimalCrossing on Wii. Still, there where so many fans that convinced my to give it another try on 3ds. While fun in the beginning I still find it to be s very repetitive game and got bored after two weeks. No more AC for me.

Also, I didn't love most of all post OOT Zelda games. I still like them but not love them. The new 3ds Zelda game is exactly what I wished for here on these forums a year ago.

Edited by Lupaie, 09 January 2014 - 02:59 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#105 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:36 AM

Is it controversial to say that FF7 isn't the best RPG of all time? I wouldn't dare say such a thing but still.

ff7 is trash. A weak, diluted copy of ff6 in every conceivable way:

tmpphpcyqmq0kd1.jpg

that just happened to hit the mainstream jackpot because of the introduction of fmv. Had ff7 not had fmv's every 5-6 minutes, nobody would remember it. Xenogears craps on ff7 from orbit. Even though its only half a game, it still machine gun terds all over ff7. This is the game that began the path that sent Square to destruction. fmv's, fmv's
FMV's, no exploration, no gameplay, no substance, just flash. Is it any surprise games with no substance but only flash fell off into the gutter?

Trivia question.... What do FF6, CHrono trigger, and Xenogears all have in common, besides being among the best output squaresoft ever made?

They were all worked on by staff that would eventually leave square and form monolith soft.

Squareeenix will never make a comeback, because everyone who ever made anything great at square left, to either monolith soft, or one of Nintendos other golden age square soft staffed studios, or mistwalker, which is why squeenix are now nothing more than a cell phone smut peddler pimping out final fantasies carcass. And ff7 is the root cause of it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#106 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:45 AM

I enjoyed the Conduit 2 single player more than I did Black Ops. I also think it has better weapons.

OMG GEORGE  WASHINGTON IS GOING TO SAVE THE WORLD but seriously the writers of that story had to be high but I did enjoy the single player besides the ending

#107 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

I have some more controversial gaming opinions for you all:

- I think Knack is a brilliant game. The more I play it, the more I get frustrated at it and realise how much of a punish the game is. Excellent type of game for the competitive pincushion that I am. The simplistic gameplay turns into a bloody arse when you jack up the difficulty, leaving you anemic at the fact that you thought you had the combat down pat. The desire sensor for the illusive Diamond Relics makes you think of Monster Hunter every time; 5 quests of nope and a random 'helping that guy because what do' filled with YEESSSSSS! The art style is well done enough to make you fall into the same pit trap on every playthrough ever, leaving you to crack a coconut over your head yelling "WHY DO YOU NEVER LEARN, YOU SIDEWAYS CREAM NUTJOY?!"

And the characters are just marvellous in design. You have the Doctor that no one ever calls by his first name, the assistant that has a back story that makes you feel like if there ever was a sequel he might murder the Doctor, the equivalent of Iron Man who gets killed by not you, and Knack, the big golem who looks like Sonic and Knuckles' love child in a LEGO universe. He even has stages of tremendous growth, going from the skinny kid everyone bullied in school, to the fat kid everyone bullied in school, to the weird fanfic love child everyone bullied in school, to a really hairy version of the weird fanfic love child everyone bullied in school, to the guy with a kilt that no one bullied in school because he has a mutha****ing kilt!

To sum it up, Knack is a fantastic game. It's like date rape, without the date.

... in loving memory of Waddle, the ultimate Knack hater of the Wii U Forums.

Licked Forever

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 13 January 2014 - 03:30 AM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#108 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:28 AM

I have some more controversial gaming opinions for you all:

- I think Knack is a brilliant game. The more I play it, the more I get frustrated at it and realise how much of a punish the game is. Excellent type of game for the competitive pincushion that I am. The simplistic gameplay turns into a bloody arse when you jack up the difficulty, leaving you anemic at the fact that you thought you had the combat down pat. The desire sensor for the illusive Diamond Relics makes you think of Monster Hunter every time; 5 quests of nope and a random 'helping that guy because what do' filled with YEESSSSSS! The art style is well done enough to make you fall into the same pit trap on every playthrough ever, leaving you to crack a coconut over your head yelling "WHY DO YOU NEVER LEARN, YOU SIDEWAYS CREAM NUTJOY?!"

And the characters are just marvellous in design. You have the Doctor that no one ever calls by his first name, the assistant that has a back story that makes you feel like if there ever was a sequel he might murder the Doctor, the equivalent of Iron Man who gets killed by not you, and Knack, the big golem who looks like Sonic and Knuckles' love child in a LEGO universe. He even has stages of tremendous growth, going from the skinny kid everyone bullied in school, to the fat kid everyone bullied in school, to the weird fanfic love child everyone bullied in school, to a really hairy version of the weird fanfic love child everyone bullied in school, to the guy with a kilt that no one bullied in school because he has a mutha****ing kilt!

To sum it up, Knack is a fantastic game. It's like date rape, without the date.

... in loving memory of Waddle, the ultimate Knack hater of the Wii U Forums.

Licked Forever

What can I say? I can't stand it. I don't want to be raped by a game.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#109 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

I believe Princess Zelda should play the role of Jill Valentine in the next Resident Evil game.

#110 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

I really like Ocarina Of Time even though everyone says it sucks compared to Majora's Mask

#111 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

u no it

I feel like thats because on 1) Its not like OoT like MM, and Twilight Princess were (Reason why their popular) 2) Graphics, though I think there the best. 3) Motion Controls, I prefered them...

Super Mario Sunshine was better then the Galaxy series.

Hi, I'm a person that dislikes Skyward Sword, and I will now explain briefly to you why I didn't like it.

1. It isn't like those games, but it isn't because it isn't like those games that it is bad. It's got a horrendously designed overworld that's confusing, and requires so much back tracking that even Samus would get bored. There's so much time wasting stuff outside of the dungeons as well, which makes the game drag on longer than it probably should.

2. I liked the graphics. And the music. And the story. I thought they were all really well done, and gave the game a great tone and atmosphere.

3. I disliked the motion controls. The reason for that is this: it's not precise enough to work in the setting of a Zelda game. My issues came with the Wiimote oftentimes misreading one of my movements as a swing, when all I really wanted to do was simply move my sword to the opposite side of the enemy so I could attack them from that vantage point. This lead to a lot of unfair deaths, due to my unintentionally leaving myself wide open, just because the controls did something I didn't want them to. 

Anyways, I don't want this to turn into a flame war, so lets not make it one. 

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#112 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

u no it

Hi, I'm a person that dislikes Skyward Sword, and I will now explain briefly to you why I didn't like it.

1. It isn't like those games, but it isn't because it isn't like those games that it is bad. It's got a horrendously designed overworld that's confusing, and requires so much back tracking that even Samus would get bored. There's so much time wasting stuff outside of the dungeons as well, which makes the game drag on longer than it probably should.

2. I liked the graphics. And the music. And the story. I thought they were all really well done, and gave the game a great tone and atmosphere.

3. I disliked the motion controls. The reason for that is this: it's not precise enough to work in the setting of a Zelda game. My issues came with the Wiimote oftentimes misreading one of my movements as a swing, when all I really wanted to do was simply move my sword to the opposite side of the enemy so I could attack them from that vantage point. This lead to a lot of unfair deaths, due to my unintentionally leaving myself wide open, just because the controls did something I didn't want them to. 

Anyways, I don't want this to turn into a flame war, so lets not make it one. 

on 3. I've heard some people say that, and heard a ot of people say otherwise. I can't really say what I think myself since I never bought the game :P

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#113 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

on 3. I've heard some people say that, and heard a ot of people say otherwise. I can't really say what I think myself since I never bought the game :P

It's worth buying once you've played all the other Zeldas.

Edited by Amnesia, 13 January 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#114 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

I actually *liked* the motion controls of Skyward Sword. Which is saying a lot, as that was really the first time I saw the motion controls as anything more than a pain-in-the-butt gimmick.

Nevertheless, they weren't perfect. I remember getting killed by a Beamos countless times because the motion controls weren't responding the way they were supposed to. But... I found the motion controls to overall be a positive experience in SS.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#115 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

It's worth buying ones you've played all the other Zeldas.

Oh...

i have a lot of work to do before I can buy it then...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#116 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

tmpphpcyqmq0kd1.jpg

that just happened to hit the mainstream jackpot because of the introduction of fmv. Had ff7 not had fmv's every 5-6 minutes, nobody would remember it. Xenogears craps on ff7 from orbit. Even though its only half a game, it still machine gun terds all over ff7. This is the game that began the path that sent Square to destruction. fmv's, fmv's
FMV's, no exploration, no gameplay, no substance, just flash. Is it any surprise games with no substance but only flash fell off into the gutter?

Trivia question.... What do FF6, CHrono trigger, and Xenogears all have in common, besides being among the best output squaresoft ever made?

They were all worked on by staff that would eventually leave square and form monolith soft.

Squareeenix will never make a comeback, because everyone who ever made anything great at square left, to either monolith soft, or one of Nintendos other golden age square soft staffed studios, or mistwalker, which is why squeenix are now nothing more than a cell phone smut peddler pimping out final fantasies carcass. And ff7 is the root cause of it.

LOL

tmpphpcyqmq0kd1.jpg

LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!