Photo

Maybe we have not seen NEXT-GEN Nintendo yet?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

A lot has been made of what the Wii U is and is not from a tech standpoint. There are a lot of factors that go into making a great looking game. I think the most important of these factors is the game engine. While playing 3dworld a couple night it came to me.... I dont think any Nintendo released game on Wii U yet is using there NEXT-GEN engine. There were rumors about 6 months (maybe more) back that retro was developing a NEXT GEB engine for Wii U. Looking at 3dworld I think it is using the same engine that NSMBU and Nintendoland is using. I also think MK8 and Smash are using the same engine which is basically a Wii engine just using some modern tech available in the Wii U. Now when will we see a game using that built from the ground up(i hope they do have one and are not too cheap to use a recycled Wii engine the whole gen) engine on Wii U? Will it be X, Miyamoto next game, Retro next game? The Wii U has a great chance of drastically improving its performance. Think of what happened with Sony and the PS3. It had an architecture that developers couldnt get the hang of. When sony (Naughty Dog)finally developed that engine that took advantage of the PS3 we got uncharted series which was the basis for all their following stunning looking games. I really do hope Nintendo is building a next gen engine capable of taking advantage of Wii U hardware and all the most modern graphic/tech features.

thoughts??????

#2 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

I agree. I do think theres still a chance. Don't know much about Engines, so I dont think that all those are using the same one, especially one from the wii. But yeah The wii u was shown to run and look nice with crysis 3 but EA said no. So we do need a good engine.

Stupid Snowmads!

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

I agree. I do think theres still a chance. Don't know much about Engines, so I dont think that all those are using the same one, especially one from the wii. But yeah The wii u was shown to run and look nice with crysis 3 but EA said no. So we do need a good engine.

they all might not be running the same one but for example smash on Wii U might be using the same engine as smash for Wii (Brawl).... if you get what i am saying. MK8 using Mario kart Wii engine... and so on.

#4 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

i totally agree we really need a good next gen engine

#5 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:42 AM

I see where your coming from but we do know there will be 1080p 60fps games and really that is what this gen is trying to achieve (even PS4 and Xbone). While those consoles are more capable the fact that native 1080p is native for a lot of upcoming Wii U games that is proof the console is more than capable.

Another worthwhile point to note is Nintendo are the masters of squeezing as much out of their systems, more so than third parties.

Edited by Forza Juventus, 16 December 2013 - 02:43 AM.

#6 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

Yeah, I hope we're gonna see a proper next gen engine from Nintendo soon. I just hope we don't see Nintendo reusing the same engine and the gameplay it brings with it over and over (UNCHARTED!).

Side note - There's no way 3D World is using the Nintendo Land engine, or the NSMBU engine. It's using a (heavily modified) version of 3D Land's engine.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:44 AM

I wouldnt hang any hopes on this. Its pretty much 100% garunteed that the graphics engine behind all wii u games is brand new, considering wii games used the tev, and wii u is a programmable shader pipeline.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:50 AM

This may surprise some of you, but something being "next gen" has nothing to do with specs. For something to be "next gen", it quite literally has to come as the next system of a new generation.

You know, sort of like the way the Wii U came after the Wii.

It came next.

However, in the same sense, the Wii U is current gen. Just like the PS4 and Xbone.

They're part of the generation that is currently happening.

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

This may surprise some of you, but something being "next gen" has nothing to do with specs. For something to be "next gen", it quite literally has to come as the next system of a new generation.

It came next.

However, in the same sense, the Wii U is current gen. Just like the PS4 and Xbone.

We know this i was using "NEXT GEN" as a new engine that has abilities that 7th gen engines dont have.... which isnt a lot. It is easy to make great engines now it shouldnt cost that much. Look at someone like Shin'en they are even using tesselation... so as much money Nintendo has they better be bringing the heat. Just really sad Retro is wasting their time on donkey kong TF.

#10 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

I wouldnt hang any hopes on this. Its pretty much 100% garunteed that the graphics engine behind all wii u games is brand new, considering wii games used the tev, and wii u is a programmable shader pipeline.

Kinda gotta go with this. That being said this is still Nintendo's first go at HD development and none of their games so far have been going for high end graphics. We'll see improvements throughout the years. Personally I want to see them bring out a new Starfox or Metroid. Just think about how huge and epic they could make Starfox.

pNgecl.gif

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

I skimmed to the part about retro rumoured to make a next-geb engine.

I guess you're thinking Nintendo will have a new engine to run behind all their games soon, that will make them look next next next gen, right?
I think you're wrong.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

Nothing is true next-gen yet.

Nintendo need more devs on board that are going to push the system. It seems like everyone now is just doing the basic.

Even with the ps4 and x1 same thing.

once devs get time with the systems and start pushing them we will see some good stuff.

Gta5 on the ps3 looks pretty damn good but the devs had a lot of time and knew the system and could push it.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#13 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

I just don't understand what the constant obsession is about graphics on this forum. I think the Wii U is what it is. It produces nice graphics. Yes not to the high level of something like Ryse, but to me Mario, Zelda, and Pikmin are all stunning looking games. Mario Kart and Bayonetta look great too.

#14 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

they all might not be running the same one but for example smash on Wii U might be using the same engine as smash for Wii (Brawl).... if you get what i am saying. MK8 using Mario kart Wii engine... and so on.

Not so sure about smash, but I've seen mariokart 8 at the best buy e3 demos. I don't know much about engines, but I doubt it's running mk Wii's. that game looks graphically stunning!

#15 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

I just don't understand what the constant obsession is about graphics on this forum. I think the Wii U is what it is. It produces nice graphics. Yes not to the high level of something like Ryse, but to me Mario, Zelda, and Pikmin are all stunning looking games. Mario Kart and Bayonetta look great too.

Because graphics are part of the foundation to making good games. 

#16 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

T me its not all about the graphic but how everything comes together.

I rather have a ton of trees on screen at one time then a hand full that are detail to the roots.

But really game play comes first.
But also what this thread is about is the fact that no one is pushing the systems just yet. So we are seeing what the games can fully be,

As in on screen items, people. Shadings and lighting, no pop ups etc...
xile06 "N" ID

#17 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

after everyone here saying the WiiU is next-gen like the PS4 & X1, now it's not ?

#18 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

after everyone here saying the WiiU is next-gen like the PS4 & X1, now it's not ?

No no that that.

It's next gen. Just Nintendo hasn't show it off. And the ps4/x1 are kinda the same.
I upgraded my ps3 copy of battlefield to ps4.
They look close to the same. The ps4 is smoother and has way more lighting and then more items on screen. Bt the jump isn't huge and won't be for a few yrs at lest.
xile06 "N" ID

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

People who say "NEXT-GEN" when it's the current generation. PS4,XBO,Wii U

#20 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

It came next.

Pretty much this

I'm not going to deal with anymore arguments here that will bring this off-topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!