Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

There’s a lot of promising new IP next year, such as Watch Dogs and Destiny. But right now it’s the same old faces. Does that do a disservice to PS4 do you think?

That’s a fair comment. In terms of sheer breadth and depth, we are in a better shape in terms of third party support for this console launch than certainly any I’ve ever launched. And I do think that the early consumer is going to buy in if they sense that there is a roadmap of great content that is going to come down the pipe, and you have cited some of those games that have been announced, which are also brand new IP, which I think is critically important.

We are more committed to new IP establishment and delivery than most other platform holders out there. The other thing as well is that to talk about the launch line-up is one thing, but you also have to balance that with what the experience is going to be from system-level features. The most encouraging sign that I have seen from the US launch is not just around the numbers, it’s the fact that a large amount of people are actively engaged with almost every single feature that has been available from day one. I think that is where some of this excitement is coming from. It’s what you can do around those games, as much as the gameplay experiences themselves.

http://www.mcvuk.com...this-up/0125970

It's true, unfortunately. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

They kinda have to since to this day they have yet to create their own system selling mascot character/franchise. 

pNgecl.gif

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

They kinda have to since to this day they have yet to create their own system selling mascot character/franchise. 

Uncharted..? My friend has a gaming PC and he is only getting a PS4 because a new Uncharted is being made. But yea, other then that. Not much, I mean they have good filler games like God of War, Killzone but they just have a lot of franchises that appeal to different people.

2lvmghw.png

#4 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

Uncharted..? My friend has a gaming PC and he is only getting a PS4 because a new Uncharted is being made. But yea, other then that. Not much, I mean they have good filler games like God of War, Killzone but they just have a lot of franchises that appeal to different people.

Uncharted is a decent series and all, but Nathan Drake is in no way mascot status. Plus to be a mascot, a character/series kinda has to survive and Sony has a bad habit of dropping franchises. There's no telling if Uncharted will stay around or go the way of Jak and Daxter (Personally I'd say Jak and Daxter were the closest Sony had to mascots and I can't believe they let the franchise die). 

pNgecl.gif

#5 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

Uncharted is a decent series and all, but Nathan Drake is in no way mascot status. Plus to be a mascot, a character/series kinda has to survive and Sony has a bad habit of dropping franchises. There's no telling if Uncharted will stay around or go the way of Jak and Daxter (Personally I'd say Jak and Daxter were the closest Sony had to mascots and I can't believe they let the franchise die). 

You don't need a "mascot" to sell consoles. Not everyone is Mario. It's quite clear the Uncharted brand is growing still as they announced a new game.

2lvmghw.png

#6 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

You don't need a "mascot" to sell consoles. Not everyone is Mario. It's quite clear the Uncharted brand is growing still as they announced a new game.

Sony needs a Mario/Halo/Sonic. 

pNgecl.gif

#7 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Sony needs a Mario/Halo/Sonic. 

why do they? they seem to be doing fine with out one as of right now look at the ps4 sells it's the fasting selling console of all time. 

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Nintendo has nearly 100 IP's and sadly Nintendo of Japan shows many new IP's every generation but the west and even more so the US see's far less of them. We never got Disaster Day of Crisis,Captain Rainbow,Soma Bringer,Zangeki no Reginleiv..we almost did not get Xenoblade or The Last Story and Pandora's Tower (yes all Nintendo Owned IP's)

Am glad we got those 3 and Endless Ocean series. Tho while Nintendo does not always bring a new IP as often ans some people want. They do work with 3rd parties often to being us games like Wonderful 101 and the already mentioned TLS and PT and others plus Handheld games. Lets not forget SMTXFE.

Personally Sony does not often bring great 1st party games. I loved Ape Escape, Gravity Rush,Sly and Rain amd team Ico to name a few and they have good 1st party games(personally think Jak,Rachet and ND are not that great)..it's not Sony's biggest strength when compared to Nintendo. They are best at 3rd party when Nintendo is often the weakest so for me it's a tradeoff and why I will get both.

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Nintendo has nearly 100 IP's and sadly Nintendo of Japan shows many new IP's every generation but the west and even more so the US see's far less of them. We never got Disaster Day of Crisis,Captain Rainbow,Soma Bringer,Zangeki no Reginleiv..we almost did not get Xenoblade or The Last Story and Pandora's Tower (yes all Nintendo Owned IP's)

Am glad we got those 3 and Endless Ocean series. Tho while Nintendo does not always bring a new IP as often ans some people want. They do work with 3rd parties often to being us games like Wonderful 101 and the already mentioned TLS and PT and others plus Handheld games. Lets not forget SMTXFE.

Personally Sony does not often bring great 1st party games. I loved Ape Escape, Gravity Rush,Sly and Rain amd team Ico to name a few and they have good 1st party games(personally think Jak,Rachet and ND are not that great)..it's not Sony's biggest strength when compared to Nintendo. They are best at 3rd party when Nintendo is often the weakest so for me it's a tradeoff and why I will get both.

Zangeki no Reginleiv was amazing, so glad I have a hacked wii.

Oh man team ico.... I bought a ps3 specifically for the last guardian.... :(

But yeah, Lets NOT forget SmtXFire Emblem, X, Bayonetta 2, although its becoming increasingly hard, as apparantly Nintendo desperately, DESPERATELY wants us to forget about these games, as they have done nothing but hide them for... almost a year now?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

I hacked my Wii as well..ok I used Letterbomb so a blind armless monkey could have done it :P . But made imprting great. Now as I learn Japanese maybe I can understand Earth Seeker some day.

Yeah Nintendo has for years been absolute crap at marketing anything not Mario or Zelda and more recently Wii series.

Edited by Ryudo, 19 December 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#11 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Zangeki no Reginleiv was amazing, so glad I have a hacked wii.

Oh man team ico.... I bought a ps3 specifically for the last guardian.... :(

But yeah, Lets NOT forget SmtXFire Emblem, X, Bayonetta 2, although its becoming increasingly hard, as apparantly Nintendo desperately, DESPERATELY wants us to forget about these games, as they have done nothing but hide them for... almost a year now?

no according to many on here they cant do any wrong abandon anything that resembles amaerican market and focus on japanese market

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

no according to many on here they cant do any wrong abandon anything that resembles amaerican market and focus on japanese market

I dont really care what market its oriented towards. X and bayonetta 2 are very Japanese.

I just want games that are more mentally stimulating than 'oh, jump now, and.... go right'

They arent focusing on the japanese market (though I would definately say they are focusing on working with Japanese 3rd parties, likely because western ones wont give them the time of day)... They are focusing on the cash cow that USED to be that 100 million plus wii market that were never really gamers to begin with. They are focusing on the lost casuals, while giving the finger to a lot of the people who actually bought the system.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

It's called Xbox One. TV TV SPORTS TV TV SPORTS SPORTS TV TV SPORTS NFL TV TV CALL OF DUTY.

#14 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

I thought Taro was Playstation's mascot.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#15 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

Yeah, aren't Toro and Kuro the official Playstation cats? Well, whether you could count it or not, it's a thing.

I also don't see Sony's strategy of letting a franchise go in exchange for a new one a bad idea. Ok, Insomniac might not be the best when it comes to this "protocol", but most of the other franchises seem to keep it short in numbers and sweet in concept.

Playstation doesn't really need a mascot. But if I had to make a pick it should be Tomba jks

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#16 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

I love how sony keeps pushing for new ip, seriously they had great stuff with the ps2 with jak and Dexter, ico/shadow, God of War, etc. and with the ps3 they had infamous,heavy rain/beyond, uncharted, last of us, etc. hopefully this trend will continue. To be honest I have no reason to doubt Sony at this point seeing as how they already started promoting a new ip The Order which looks interesting.

#17 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

Sony has plenty of mascots.  Haven't you seen their Smash Bros ripoff?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#18 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:20 AM

I don't think Sony has a mascot but I feel they make a franchise that becomes the face of that system like Crash was for ps1 and Uncharted for PS3 so I would think they will make one for ps4.

#19 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

Sony tried already on PS4 with Knack but I seriously doubt we will ever see a sequel. New IP's are great when they are pulled off, hats off to Sony for trying new stuff.

Rumours of a new Crash Bandicoot coming on PS4, that could work.

#20 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

They may be committed to new IPs, but they're not necessarily committed to keeping said IPs around for a long time.

Not that I'm complaining. Gravity Rush and Guacamelee were a blast.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!