Photo

Are you a satisfied early adopter?

wii u ps4 xbox one early adopter

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you a satisfied early adopter? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you a satisfied early adopter?

1. I am an early adopter of the Wii U and I am satisfied (30 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. I am an early adopter of the Xbox One and I am satisfied (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

3. I am an early adopter of the PS4 and I am satisfied (3 votes [7.50%])

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

4. I am an early adopter of the Wii U and I wish I had waited (5 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

5. I am an early adopter of the Xbox One and I wish I had waited (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. I am an early adopter of the PS4 and I wish I had waited (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:53 AM

A simple poll.  A lot of people have said that it's best to wait a year or more to get a new console.  Just wondering who out there is an early adopter for the various next-gen consoles and how you feel about your purchase.  

So what do you think?

Edited by kokirii, 21 December 2013 - 06:00 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#2 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

I'm a little salty about getting an 8gb Wii U for $300, and having to buy a game for an additional $50.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

Got a good deal on what I was expecting, no remorse here.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

I'm very satisfied.

Bring the noise.

#5 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:43 AM

i still play zombiu since launch day, so im pretty satisfied.

bb0.gif

#6 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:23 AM

On the fence, only got one game in the past year and that was Windwaker HD. At launch, didn't like NSMBU, loved ZombiU, NintendoLand was moderately fun and Blacks Ops did a good job filling my time. But after this holiday, I honestly think when I get my games for XMAS and buy more next like Watch Dogs, Mario Kart ect. then I will appreciate the system more. As of now, it's kinda a paper weight.

2lvmghw.png

#7 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

I'm not satisified in the slightest.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#8 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

I got the wii u @ launch and I'm happy with it. I had launch games I played and others as they came out. Worth it to me.

Also got a ps4 this month. Not many games out for it but I got battlefield 4 and killzone shadows fall. And there great.

Not to many more games coming out but I can enjoy these online for a long time.

I think the only system I had problems with getting at launch was the ps vita. Games simply didn't come. The ones I wanted and preorder got delay, so it sat unused for awhile.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#9 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

I got the wiiu and ps4 on launch day and I'm good with both. As I've stated a bunch of time the Wwiiu was always my secondary system and it's fulfilling that spot nicely with My Nintendo fix(pikmin,matio3d, and Windwaker) and my ps4 is my primary system with a couple a good exclusives and all the third party stuff.

#10 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

I'm satisfied though I expected little more from 3D World... Other than that, my Wii U hasn't really got the chance to collect dust, which is good. ;)

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#11 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

I guess I can say I'm satisfied with my early adoption of the Wii U, but there is no excuse for the great 2013 game drought and the other great wealth of bad things for Wii U owners. I have 5 Wii U games (4 of which I actually like), and that's enough for me right now, but I should have had those titles and more many months ago. The price drop really irks me as well; less than a year after launch, and they're already burning their faithful customers without so much as a consolation gift like 3DS early adopters received?

Nintendo, I am disappoint about your 2013, but I still love you and the Wii U. Pray I (and other of your customers) don't change my mind...

:P

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#12 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

Satisfied.

First got blops2, nintendoland, sonicracing and batman...

Then got into mh3u, pikmin and w101, all 3 games are just brilliant! They made me get a special feel about the wiiu.

Now with mario3d, ac4 and some dlc I just love my system. With MK8, smash and bayonetta on the horizon...and eventually a zelda, this console allready fullfilled my requests. Anything more is just a bonus.

Edited by Lupaie, 21 December 2013 - 09:29 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#13 Merky Water

Merky Water

Motion Shooter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Contra, Mario Kart

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

Early adopter and no remorse.  Might be a game drought to some, but between NSMBU, NG3:RE, CoD:BO2, Madden '13, AC3, NfS:MW, Injustice, SC:BL AC4, CoD:Ghosts, Wii Sports Club and hitting up 9 Virtual Console titles, my console's been as busy as i need it to be.

In fact, i'm behind to get some titles.  NSLU, Mario 3D World, Sochi Olympics, Ducktales and NES Remix are hopefully wrapped under my physical or digital Christmas trees.

Merky-Banner_zpsfd81fed3.png

#14 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

Nintendo stuff almost never depreciates price so might as well get at launch. I wait for everything else.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#15 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

Lots of good replies for Nintendo.  Hard to say anything about the other systems right now but so far it doesn't seem like anyone is upset with being an early adopter of anything!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#16 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:53 AM

I'm a little salty about getting an 8gb Wii U for $300, and having to buy a game for an additional $50.

Let this be a lesson to you: Next time, don't buy a game.

#17 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

I got a Wii U at the end of January and have loved it. I haven't regretted it at all. I regretted following the media as much as I have :P

Also got an Xbox One the day after launch which I love less but still like. Much more excited about the games coming next year on this.

#18 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:52 AM

I bought a Wii U in mid-July, so I am not sure if I qualify as an early adopter, but I'm very satisfied with the console. It's my primary console of choice and I'm really enjoying the games on the system. I love the Miiverse feature, I like the inteface, it's clean and simplistic in design which is great. I love the Pro Controller and the Gamepad, a bit miffed about the lacklustre battery life in the Gamepad and I'm little miffed by the lack of third party games available, but all in all I'm very satisfied.

#19 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

I'm both, I suppose- I got one in April, then got another one (zelda wind waker edition) for when we visit mom with the kids.  She uses it to watch Netflix and actually plays scribblenaughts.  I think the timing was about right for me in April, tho it was a little slow for about six weeks. Things picked up a lot by Aug./Sept. when Pikmin, the W101 and Rayman came out.  Now, with Mario 3d, Sonic, Deus Ex, Pac Man, I have a lot on my plate and might actually wait a month after DCKTF comes out to pick it up.....

#20 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

Got mine at launch. I'm satisfied and enjoying my Wii U every day.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u, ps4, xbox one, early adopter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!