• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

I know this is going to sound weird and maybe a little bit late but it's something that everyone ignores.

If the Wii U is not powerful, then why would Nintendo showed tech demos to (according to Reggie) show off "what the system can do"

When was the last time Nintendo did that? not for the original Wii... it was the Gamecube and we all know that purple lunchbox was powerful and created some of the best graphics even today.

The bird and Zelda demos were gorgeous. People even thought were CGI and their jaw dropped when they learned they were interactive.

Also, they were done by early dev kits.

Nintendo had a reason as to why they needed to show those tech demos... don't you think?

#2 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

The wii u is powerful. Not as powerful as the ps4/xb1 but still pretty powerful.

Also tbh those tech demos didn't really impress me graphically haha, takes a lot to impress me nowadays.

But I will be quite impressed if they can get a game looking as good as the tech demo, guess it's just a wait and see thing.

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 21 December 2013 - 02:47 PM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#3 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

The wii u is powerful. Not as powerful as the ps4/xb1 but still pretty powerful.

Also tbh those tech demos didn't really impress me graphically haha, takes a lot to impress me nowadays.

But I will be quite impressed if they can get a game looking as good as the tech demo, guess it's just a wait and see thing.

I agree on the first part but believe me when I tell you that on a certain website (which shall remain nameless) people were saying that in no way or form could a Nintendo console could achieve that.

The animation in the bird demo impressed me the most. The Zelda demo the animation and the lighting were impressive.

Also, the bird demo that they showed in the conference pales in comparoson to the one on the show floor.

#4 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

Honestly, the bird demo isn't even that impressive even before next gen. The Zelda demo was good though.

2lvmghw.png

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

I wish they would put those demos on the eShop. Just so I can show my friends what the U is capable of.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

3 dude can correct if I'm wrong but I believe the zelda tech demo was to show lighting more then anything.

Wii u has some beautiful games and more are coming.

Edited by Sorceror12, 21 December 2013 - 03:44 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

Mario Kart 8 and X are the most impressive looking games I have seen from any of the 3 consoles thus far.

Edited by Ryudo, 21 December 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#8 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

I agree about the term Wii U is powerful...just not as powerful as X1/PS4 but still powerful.  It is at least 2-3x more powerful than the PS360 which had very impressive visual games like Tomb Raider, GoW, Gears, DmC, Uncharted etc.  The difference between Wii U and X1 won't be as prononunced as it was between Wii and PS360; more like the best of DC(Wii U) vs PS2( PS4) or similar to PSP(Wii U) vs 3DS (PS4).  One thing Nintendo doesn't advertise is how the system is FULLY BC with all Wii games and accessories.  Something that would add more money for the average PS4/X1 gamer.

#9 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

Simple.

You go out and buy yourself a fast car. Something that can do 0-200mph in 60sec.

Just because you have this fast car doesnt mean your going to drive it like that.

Same with gaming. The system has the specs and the power but it needs someone that knows how to work it and use it to its best.

Just because we had these tech demos dont mean the devs can fully make the game and have it run like that all the time with no slow down.

So they really just need time.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

I agree about the term Wii U is powerful...just not as powerful as X1/PS4 but still powerful.  It is at least 2-3x more powerful than the PS360 which had very impressive visual games like Tomb Raider, GoW, Gears, DmC, Uncharted etc.  The difference between Wii U and X1 won't be as prononunced as it was between Wii and PS360; more like the best of DC(Wii U) vs PS2( PS4) or similar to PSP(Wii U) vs 3DS (PS4).  One thing Nintendo doesn't advertise is how the system is FULLY BC with all Wii games and accessories.  Something that would add more money for the average PS4/X1 gamer.

Actually my friend who is as dev was telling me when it comes to the GPU it went like this PS4>Wii U>XBO

#11 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

Actually my friend who is as dev was telling me when it comes to the GPU it went like this PS4>Wii U>XBO

Sounds like your friend needs to consider a new career.

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

rimshot-o.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

The guy worked for years at R* and now working on a Vita game plus has his own indie studio. He is  friends with Suda and knows a lot of people and knows his stuff esp better than a smart mouth on a forum making snarky comments to be rude.

#14 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

The guy worked for years at R* and now working on a Vita game plus has his own indie studio. He is friends with Suda and knows a lot of people and knows his stuff esp better than a smart mouth on a forum making snarky comments to be rude.

Wasn't trying to be rude, but if he thinks the Wii U GPU is more powerful than the XB1's, perhaps he's in the wrong field.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

Wasn't trying to be rude, but if he thinks the Wii U GPU is more powerful than the XB1's, perhaps he's in the wrong field.

Or perhaphs you don't have clue what you are talking about but only follow raw specs. He knows the business knows the industry and gaming itself better than most. Lol also be the first to tell ya Dan Houser is a manchild idiot. He knows his hardware and unless you know better from reading Wikipedia or neogaf then nuh uh sorry. I don't claim to have the knowledge myself. He knows his stuff. I trust less than five people on this planet..no joke and he is one of them. I do have trust issues.

Edited by Ryudo, 21 December 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#16 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

He knows the business knows the industry and gaming itself better than most.

Oh I'm sure he does, they always do. :)

And I don't need Wikipedia or neogaf to verify what I can see quite plainly with my own two eyes.

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

Yet XBO can't even do exclusive games at 1080p yet Wii U can. Also Wii U running more 1080P games. X and MK8 blow anything on XBO thus far. Hell even 3D world is better looking than any XBO game so far.

Again you try and be snarky. You are a person someone would point to a blue sky say it's blue and you would say it's green just to disagree.

Why forums and comment sections are often cesspools are people with these kind of attitudes.

Edited by Ryudo, 21 December 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#18 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Yet XBO can't even do exclusive games at 1080p yet Wii U can. Also Wii U running more 1080P games. X and MK8 blow anything on XBO thus far. Hell even 3D world is better looking than any XBO game so far.
Again you try and be snarky. You are a person someone would point to a blue sky say it's blue and you would say it's green just to disagree.

Why forums and comment sections are often cesspools are people with these kind of attitudes.

They're cesspools because people like you say ridiculous things, and you *all* seem to know famous devs who back your claims. Try harder next time.

#19 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

We have have, to my a my knowledge, a 7 series gpu with ESram in the Xbone. And then, we have a customized 5 series GPU with EDram on the Wii U. There is my knowledge of the subject. 

In a Windows environment, the 7 series wins. I would presume it would win every time, but the Windows environment is verifiable with my own experience (however Nvidia kills them both with drivers. If I were truly stupid enough, I would get a 590x in crossfire to compare against my Titan configuration to compare AMD's crossfire strides).

So, how do we even know in this case without games comparable on both platforms? Take COD Ghosts. The Wii U has the last gen version, while the Bone gets the PC Port (sans Nvidia exclusive features no one cares about). How do you compare that?

When you cannot standardize your comparisons, how can you possibly measure anything? Mario Kart vs Dead Rising? X vs Ryse? I think it would be better to at least put launch games against launch games. 

#20 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

They're cesspools because people like you say ridiculous things, and you *all* seem to know famous devs who back your claims. Try harder next time.

You're pulling him up because what he says sounds incorrect. If you really think it's incorrect then you don't need to comment on it without knowing that it's incorrect.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!