• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cbarr81

cbarr81

Goomba

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

I'm evolving with Nintendo. Got my first NES when I was 7ish, and never looked back. Thenfirst time my Dad brought home the NES with that shiny gold cartridge, I was hooked.

Now, I will be a Dad soon. I can only hope to share this joy as I grow older.

Although Im 32, I look at videogames as a lifelong hobby. I own every Nintendo Console and my favorite is the SNES.

I think Super Metroid is the greatest game ever made.

I am thrilled to get into the WiiU, although I havent bought one yet due to all the bad press and lack of games. Now, as then onsole picks up steam, I am going to get one.

Any tips for getting the most out of the console? Games, controllers, apps, etc?

Thanks all, seems like an excellent community!

We need an HD Super Metroid remake on Wii U. If it's not 2D, it's not Metroid.

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

Welcome bro!

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:19 PM

Don't listen to the bad press. None of it matters as long as you enjoy the console. Also, most of the press is from people that don't have the console. It doesn't really click until you've had it in your house for a while.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#4 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

I totally agree with what R00bot said regarding the press.  It really doesnt matter as long as you enjoy it.  I am also a dedicated nintendo fan.  I remember getting my first NES system back in 1985, I was so excited.  I have owned every single console myself and have kept each system along with the box to have for my collectors room once I buy a house after I retire from the military.  I now have the wii u myself and I have completely enjoyed it.  Games are better then ever specially the new Super Mario 3D world, that game really makes Mario even better.  Make sure you get a battery extender for the gamepad..my biggest gripe is that the stock gamepad battery is pretty awful.  If you like fighting games...Injustice Gods Among Us is freaking awesome.  Mario and Sonic Wintner Olympics is just about addicting with the online playablity.  I hope you enjoy the wii U..and welcome to the forum!!

#5 loungerman35

loungerman35

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum the Wii u is a good console if you can get one now then I would get it u won't be disappointed im also 33 and have had every Nintendo system and im pleased with the Wii u and it's only going to get better in the future

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!