#1 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

It seems like the Wii U found it's second wind this holiday. Almost all stores from Target to BestBuy to Walmarts seem to be selling Wii U's to an almost feverish pace!!! It's not uncommon to see someone in line carrying a Wii U to the check stand recently.  So my question is the Wii U back from the dead?  Sales for the last 3 months suggest an upward positve trend so hopefully it will carry to the New Year. I for one don't think this is just due to the holiday but because Nintendo is finally beginning to convey the Wii U is a true successor to the Wii.  They have also began touting it's strength which are Nintendo HD games, Media Capabilities, Backward Capablities (wish they expand on this more), and new ways to play games not available to other consoles.  So what do you think is the Wii U back or are these last few months just a glitch?  What can they do in order to keep momentum going positve.  Please share your thoughts on this matter.

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

Give us games to keep the momentum going.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Feverish pace lol. When the Wii U gets outsold by 4 consoles in November I wouldn't call it a "feverish pace".

#4 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

My definition of Wii U coming back from the dead is better 3rd party support :|

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

It would be nice if it was improving. It's possible the PS4 and Xbox One may sell slower once the first launch period is over.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#6 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

It's still good to see, especially when people didn't know it existed.

#7 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

um lets chill with the Wii U is on a roll talk for a while. It still has a way to go. Lets just enjo the game and ignore the sales until it hits at least 10 million. its just too early to rejoice. it is selling better but lets not jump for joy

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:11 AM

POPULAR

wii.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#9 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:53 AM

Wii U is dead in the UK.

#10 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

Wii U is dead in the UK.

Which is fantastic news to me, I've just taken advantage of GAME's epic Christmas sale, where they have some good deals on Wii U games.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 24 December 2013 - 04:19 AM.

#11 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

With all the games getting released in 2014 i guess Wii U has a great chance of coming back from the dead

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

Feverish pace lol. When the Wii U gets outsold by 4 consoles in November I wouldn't call it a "feverish pace".

Yeah, a console being launched beat a console that has been out for a year with the same number of consoles sold by the end of the month on all 3 main and whatever other console you were refering to, possibly the 3ds, their other console?
It's terrible new!!!!!!!! they're doooommmeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:57 AM

With all the games getting released in 2014 i guess Wii U has a great chance of coming back from the dead

I just hope an increased install base will encourage more third party developers to port over some of their games to the Wii U.

#14 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:07 AM

I just hope an increased install base will encourage more third party developers to port over some of their games to the Wii U.

It won't. Third-party games still sell like crap on Wii U.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#15 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

the reason is people get Wii U to play Mario and Zelda so if people buy 3rd party games this wouldn't had happen.

as for me all my games are 3rd party and i only have Mario 3D world as 1st party game

#16 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

Yeah, a console being launched beat a console that has been out for a year with the same number of consoles sold by the end of the month on all 3 main and whatever other console you were refering to, possibly the 3ds, their other console?
It's terrible new!!!!!!!! they're doooommmeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Wii U was outsold by the PS4, XBO, PS3, and 360 in November. That's 4 consoles. Do the math.

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

The Wii U was outsold by the PS4, XBO, PS3, and 360 in November. That's 4 consoles. Do the math.

No, the other systems sold the same as the wii u did in the year it's existed, they caught up to the wii u, and the ps3 is a last generation media box, it's sold what? 90 million units and you need to keep it if you want to play your old games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 thechamp80

thechamp80

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

No, the other systems sold the same as the wii u did in the year it's existed, they caught up to the wii u, and the ps3 is a last generation media box, it's sold what? 90 million units and you need to keep it if you want to play your old games.

I don't think you are getting what I am saying. The Wii U sold less than those 4 consoles, so it was 5th. What's so hard about that? You saying the PS3 is a "last generation media box" doesn't diminish that it sold more than the Wii U in November. And the PS4 and XBO destroyed what the Wii U sold at launch, so they didn't "catch up". They demolished it.

Edited by thechamp80, 24 December 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#19 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

not to sure yet.

There are a lot of last minute shoppers out there and some could be picking up a wii u due to price and availability.

The ps4/x1 cost higher and are harder to find.

But hopefully something will wake up the devs and we will start to get great games and not some half ass port.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#20 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

It won't. Third-party games still sell like crap on Wii U.

If Ubisoft and Activision continue to support the Wii U I'll be happy. Also I'm really looking forward to smaller developers releasing their games onto the Wii U.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!