Photo

Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy first look.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

QPghEs2.jpg

This looks awesome. I hope it doesn't bomb.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

Too silly for me. I don't think I'm going to enjoy it the same way I enjoy other Marvel films, all this alien and sci-fi stuff is getting a bit too far-fetched and silly.

Days of Future Past is going to be 10000x better.

#3 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

Too silly for me. I don't think I'm going to enjoy it the same way I enjoy other Marvel films, all this alien and sci-fi stuff is getting a bit too far-fetched and silly.

Days of Future Past is going to be 10000x better.

Yes, because Giant Robots fighting Mutants and rewriting of the time streams isn't far-fetched. :P

I'm really looking forwards to this, as SPOILERS FOR THE DARK WORLD BELOW

Spoiler

I'm really anticipating this, as the Guardians are some of the coolest people in the Marvel universe when you get past appearances.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#4 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

This is probably my most anticipated movie of 2014. I mean, Rocket Raccoon's in it, that's just plain awesome.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#5 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

Kratos has a fat uncle?

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

Is that Batista?

Anyway I don't read comics but like seeing comic films. This however from that image looks very stupid and generic. Star trek green Orion slave woman. A shirtless Batista in leather with poo on him..a character that would fit in starfox and one of the trees from LOTR oh and hey it's andy.

Maybe the film will be good but going on first impressions only. I think i rather skip this as that looks so damn stupid and quick to the 1$ theater.

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:49 AM

Yes, because Giant Robots fighting Mutants and rewriting of the time streams isn't far-fetched. :P

I'm really looking forwards to this, as SPOILERS FOR THE DARK WORLD BELOW

Spoiler

I'm really anticipating this, as the Guardians are some of the coolest people in the Marvel universe when you get past appearances.

Haha I know that sounds stupid but X-Men is just a lot more believable than a talking raccoon from outer space.

I also forgot about amazing spiderman 2, I'm looking forward to that a lot more too.

Edited by Hunter, 01 January 2014 - 01:52 AM.

#8 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

Haha I know that sounds stupid but X-Men is just a lot more believable than a talking raccoon from outer space.

I also forgot about amazing spiderman 2, I'm looking forward to that a lot more too.

Yeah, I know, just messing with you. X-men tends to be more grounded, but Cosmic Marvel is too much fun. If I could find it, there's an issue where Starlord from GotG basically hits Iron Man and calls him(and by exent every superhero in the Marvel Universe on Earth) idiots for having a fight about stuff I won't go into while the Universe as a whole was going through 2 Giant Wars.

Amazing Spiderman two looks...interesting. Like, I get some of it, but all the news about what they're putting into it storywise just doesn't feel right. That and Sony's plan to release a film in the Spiderman Universe every year, which reeks of cashins for me.

On topic, a summary was released for the film:

From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team – the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits–Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand – with the galaxy’s fate in the balance. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is presented by Marvel Studios. The film releases August 1, 2014, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!