#1 Nico

Nico

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Pikmin, etc.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

Pardon the silly Super Smash Bros. title, but I couldn't really think of anything else.

As you can see, I am NicolaiB_92, but of course it's just a wee bit easier to call me Nicolai. I'm what a lot of people call a 'Brony', though I don't like that term. But of course, since I'm here on this forum, I am also obviously a Nintendo fan. Having played the Wii only marginally as much as the Gamecube before it simply due to the fact that the XBox 360 got all the best 3rd Party Titles, I'm seriously psyched to see that Nintendo is putting forward an HD Console which will be able to support 3rd Party games that otherwise couldn't make it onto the Wii.

Of course, I'm also super excited about all the crazy awesome features that the Wii U has, though I hope that Nintendo doesn't go overboard with their craziness and thus cause the console to be bogged down by absurd gimmicks (because 3rd Parties love to abuse Nintendo's innovations as Crapware Fodder). Overall, I'm just looking forward to the Wii U and also to the future of the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo in general.

I'd like to meet some new friends on this site, so hit me up with some conversation here and all across the forums. I look forward to talking with fellow Nintendo fans! ^^
Posted Image
I like my ponies to be a little mixed up. And with Muffins.

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

Well well well, another Brony, welcome to the club. There are many Bronies on this site. My name is Caius aka Zxride64 or zx for short. This forums has a big fandom of My Little Pony. I am not a brony myself but it dosen't bother me. The ruleset and Newcomer's Guide are good to read so you won't get into trouble. You may also be interested in Joining the sister site http://mlpforums.com/. The member's here are awesome and kind. The chatroom is a good place to live chat with other members. The admin Feld0 and his trusty mod AMAc are great people themselves, Bronies, and can help you out in a time of need when it is technical. People like me who are labeled as Guides are memebers who welcome Newcomers and show them the ropes and help them out. Well I hope you have a good time here. WHat games are you waiting for?

For me there are a lot, There is Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword which alot of people here are excited for, Monster Hunter Tri-G, Final Fantasy XIII-2, FInal Fantasy Versus XIII, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Uncharted 3, Super Mario 3d Land, Mario Kart 7, Darksiders II, Heroes of Ruin and much more.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Nico

Nico

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

Well, I personally don't like the term 'Brony', as it originated on 4Chan, and I'd just rather not have myself associated with things from that crazy place. I'm just a MLP fan, really. And this site is a sister site to a MLP Forum? I find that a bit odd that they're connected, but MLP:FiM is storming the internet in all sorts of ways, so I can't say it's TOO surprising.

As for the games I'm looking forward to, there are a few coming up soon that I am anticipating. Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are definitely the top games on my 3DS wish list, with Resident Evil Revelations and whatever awesome Original Zelda game Nintendo may be cooking up in the more long term future anticipated list. I'd be looking forward to Skyward Sword if my Wii wasn't broke, but sadly, it is, and I lack the funds to replace it at the moment. As for non-Nintendo games, I was once looking forward to Skyrim, though playing Dark Souls lately has me wondering if I'll even need to get it.
Posted Image

#4 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:55 PM

Well the owner of this site Feld0 enjoys the site, and decided to make a site for the fandom, since there was alot of stuff about it the fandom. One time people were finding this site more through a search on My little Pony than Wii u news.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#5 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

Nice to see another MLP fan!
I've been a fan since around July ;)

If you don't like being called Brony, then I won't call you it. *Brohoof?*
The reason the forums are connected is because the Admin/owner of this site is also the admin/owner of that site.

So; how did you find us? The trust steed called Google?

Anyways; I'm the Lead Guide so if you ever have a problem with a "Guide" or any post in this section of the forum, then you can alsways tell me, as I'm the moderator of this section. (Caius already explained what a Guide does ;) )

So, I'm one of the Kingdom Hearts, Minecraft (and of course Zelda) fan you will meet here.
FYI: If you play Minecraft, there's also a server just for this forum :)

How'd your Wii brake and what exactly is broken? Warranty already expired?

Anyways; if a part of the rules seem weird, I'd be glad to expand on them.

Go post lots and don't forget, there's tons of nice people here :D

Until later ^_^

#6 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

Our member Gamecollector44 may be able to help provide a solution for your problem if you could describe the problem to him.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#7 Nico

Nico

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

@ Caius:

Ah, okay. I was wondering if the two admins were the same person. And yes, I did join the MLP forums. This is my first foray into Forum territory in a little over half a decade, so I'm up for joining new ones as opposed to jumping back into old ones.

My Wii's issue is that it cannot communicate with Wireless Sensor bars for some reason, and the actual wired sensor bar port is ruined because someone sucked in the wire with a vacuum and stripped the port out (I'm assuming that's what the problem is; by all means, it won't read a connection anymore, whatever the cause). So, I am stuck with a Wii that cannot use any sensor bar to my knowledge. That kinda answers Brian's problem as well as responds to you letting me know about Gamecollector (whom I will still talk to about this to see what he thinks).

@ Brian6330:

Simply calling me an MLP Fan is good enough. Thank you for not calling me Brony. And even though I don't like that title, yes, I do partake in Brohoofs. *BROHOOF*

And actually, I found this Forum from David Turnbull's Nintendo 3DS Blog. He advertises it at the top of his blog on all pages.

I'm not a Minecraft fan (personally, I play Terraria, which is similar), but I do enjoy some Kingdom Hearts (a lot) and of course, Zelda (a LOOOOT).

As for how my Wii is broken, see my response to Caius. And yes, the warranty is LONG expired (I don't know when the warranty expires on a launch day purchase, but I know it did).

And I will post lots and lots... when I have the chance, of course.

Thanks to both of you for the hospitality.
Posted Image

#8 Lucaren

Lucaren

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

Hello there welcome to the forums hope you enjoy your stay. Are you hyped for any upcoming video games? By the way whats your favorite genre of video game?
Well ill wrap it up here remember to read the rules and have fun and if you get stuck ask one of the guides for help!

#9 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:29 PM

Your welcome, we love new members. I will contact gamecollector44 about the problem.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#10 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

AA B ->, right air, right air, dash, up smash, right air meteor smash... you're now apart of my roster. I'm sorry that was awful... but Welcome to the forums, I was playing as Captain Olimar by the way. Just so you can picture it in your head. We were on final destination and the difficulty was set to very easy. I hate being beaten by challengers then having to do the whole thing over again.

Edited by Garolymar, 27 October 2011 - 08:46 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

Hey there, Nicolai!
Welcome to the Wii U Forum.

I'm Auzzie Wingman, the residential Kookaburra, and I'll be happy to provide any assistance.
Although, I have to tell you I am part of the Anti-Pony Defence Force, so you get no help in that department :P

And is it just me, or is everyone's Wii suddenly broken.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#12 Nico

Nico

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

@ Lucaren:

Yeah, I'm psyched for Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and Resident Evil Revelations the most. But, on non-Ninty consoles I'm looking forward to Skyrim (so long as Dark Souls isn't still filling up my RPG quota by the time it comes out). As for my favorite Genre, it is undoubtedly Role-Playing Games. They're just the absolute best. The stories, the leveling, parties, equipment, sidequests, OH MY! @_@

@ Caius:

Thank you very much, I appreciate that.

@ Garolymar:

Oh-hoh! But you see, I cannot be taken on with Very Easy difficulty! For the only way I will approach your fray is for you to beat Boss Battles solo on Very Hard in under 5 minutes!
Well, okay, I'm nowhere near good enough at the game to deserve that kind of neccessity for the unlock. (I can barely beat Boss Battles on Hard). Good to see another Olimar fan, though. ^^
Posted Image

#13 Merchiodos

Merchiodos

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Fandom:
    LINK <3

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:22 AM

Why does everyone in this forum like my little pony? was it because of a meme?
Posted Image

If only Link was real <3

#14 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:22 AM

My Wii's issue is that it cannot communicate with Wireless Sensor bars for some reason, and the actual wired sensor bar port is ruined because someone sucked in the wire with a vacuum and stripped the port out (I'm assuming that's what the problem is; by all means, it won't read a connection anymore, whatever the cause). So, I am stuck with a Wii that cannot use any sensor bar to my knowledge. That kinda answers Brian's problem as well as responds to you letting me know about Gamecollector (whom I will still talk to about this to see what he thinks).

Well, if you look in the back, and see prongs for a plug, chances are the port itself still works, and you just need a new cord. If there's no prongs...well, the best thing you can do is send it into Nintendo, and hope for the best. http://www.nintendo....countryselector

Anyways, welcome to the Wii U forums! I'm GameCollector44, the forum's resident video game system technical advisor (No PCs/iMacs please, those are still a mystery to me :P ) and as my name implies, I am also one of the resident game collectors. ;)

So if you need any help with game prices/fixing a game/fixing a system, don't hesitate to ask me.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#15 Nico

Nico

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:09 AM

@ Merchiodos:

I can't speak for everyone else, but I like My Little Pont because a friend told me to watch it... Over and over again. So I listened to her, watched it, and wouldn't you know, I actually liked it a lot. As a show. I'm not in it for the memes.

@ Gamecollector:

Well, there are certainly no prongs. It's been tested with multiple cords, and to no avail. I'll most likely just buy a new Wii in a bundle with Mario Kart, as I don't have that game and I could use a Wii that isn't 5 years old and dysfunctional.

The only shame would be having to unlock everything in SSBB again.

@ Auzzie:

Oh my, I never noticed that you had a reply posted. I wasn't ignoring you, I promise.

I don't mind that you're part of the Anti-Pony Defense Force as long as you don't go encroaching on my fandom as if it were obsessive and meme-filled, though I doubt you would.

Edited by NicolaiB_92, 28 October 2011 - 07:14 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Katana

Katana

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart 7.

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:25 AM

Welcome to the forum :D
Its cool here with friendly people so have fun... B)
I can't wait for MK7....just can't...wait... :D
Posted Image
Want to race me...??? Just ask for an add...

#17 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

@ Gamecollector:

Well, there are certainly no prongs. It's been tested with multiple cords, and to no avail. I'll most likely just buy a new Wii in a bundle with Mario Kart, as I don't have that game and I could use a Wii that isn't 5 years old and dysfunctional.

The only shame would be having to unlock everything in SSBB again.

Well, then yeah, go ahead and get the new Wii bundle...in fact, wait a couple months if you can. I bet they'll be as low as $100 around Christmas time.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#18 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:17 PM

Welcome to the Wii U forums. I'm Andy, the resident Zelda freak. The games I'm looking forward to are Skyward Sword(pre-ordered since 2009), Luigi's Mansion 2, Monster Hunter Tri-G, Monster Hunter 4, Mario Kart 7, Kirby Returns to Dream Land, Sonic Generations, Super Mario 3D Land, Smash Bros. 4, Pikmin 3, Sly 4, Resident Evil: Revelations, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D. Oh, and don't worry about the A.P.D. F. It's basically just a group to encourage more members to post in the forum games section(specifically the Count Until. pony vs Non-Pony Edition thread). I have a strict no bashing rule for the members who take part in it, and a few members(including myself) are casual fans of the show.
Posted Image

#19 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

@ Auzzie:

Oh my, I never noticed that you had a reply posted. I wasn't ignoring you, I promise.

I don't mind that you're part of the Anti-Pony Defense Force as long as you don't go encroaching on my fandom as if it were obsessive and meme-filled, though I doubt you would.

No, of course not. It's only for a forum game anyway.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#20 Jonke

Jonke

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • NNID:Jonke5
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Pony, Anime

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

Welcome to the Wii U forums, NicolaiB_92! I'm Jonke and Yoshi is my number 1 fandom(Ponies close second). Nice to see some more bronies joining the forum.(We definitely need more support on the pony vs no-pony thread). ^_^
So... any specific game that you looking forward to? Excited for Wii U?

Anyway i hope you will enjoy this forum!

*Brohoof* ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!