• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:57 AM

I may skip WatchDogs & get it when i get a PS4, i was going to get this for my WiiU but it will be the worst version i think.

I will get Hyrule Warriors & Yarn Yoshi, as these are something a bit different for a change, 

Also on my list will be Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 & Bayonetta 2,

But i will not be getting any of these games at launch, there is simply no point, better to wait a month or to because of the poor sales they will drop in price, i won't be getting any third party games firstly as there isn't going to be many & secondly they will be the most expensive version & will have bits missing or cut out from them, i will just get them for either my X360 or PS3 if i am desperate for the game (which i doubt) until i get a PS4.

I don't see why everyone goes crazy for Super Smash Bros it's just a fighting game & there are far better fighting games out there.

#22 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:15 AM

I don't see why everyone goes crazy for Super Smash Bros it's just a fighting game & there are far better fighting games out there.

It's a game anyone can easily get into regardless of skill level. It also carries a lot of the intensity that your standard fighting game can be provide. Those two in combination with a crossover roster makes it an experience a lot of people desire. The level of simplicity the game has is the draw.

Of course, it has nothing on pretty much any other 2D fighter. BlazBlue, Persona Arena, Mahvel and AquaPazza come to mind.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#23 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:31 AM

I may skip WatchDogs & get it when i get a PS4, i was going to get this for my WiiU but it will be the worst version i think.

I don't understand why people are assuming wii u will have the worst version of watch dogs. Didn't it have the best version of splinter cell in everything except load times?

Of course, it has nothing on pretty much any other 2D fighter. BlazBlue, Persona Arena, Mahvel and AquaPazza come to mind.

I swear y'all are trying to make me hunt you and teach you some dang lessons about fighting games and why smash is as good as it gets.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#24 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:29 AM

I don't understand why people are assuming wii u will have the worst version of watch dogs. Didn't it have the best version of splinter cell in everything except load times?

I swear y'all are trying to make me hunt you and teach you some dang lessons about fighting games and why smash is as good as it gets.

there will be too many features missing from the WiiU version.

i prefer fighting games like Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive, i also got Injustice Gods Among Us for the WiiU in Amazon's black friday thing, good game imo

#25 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:57 AM

But i will not be getting any of these games at launch, there is simply no point, better to wait a month or to because of the poor sales they will drop in price,

Nintendo games take ages to drop in price.  You'll probably be waiting at least a year before you see a significant reduction in price.

DK is already going pretty cheap compared to other games, I dont understand why you dont think they are worth the launch price.

#26 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. 4 are the only ones I'm really interested in. I may try the Zelda game, I suppose.

Still, SSB4 is impressing me less and less, so I'm trying to stay away from overhyping it so I don't dislike it like I did Brawl. Because at this point, I'm certain I would.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#27 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:13 AM

Gotta get that Smash and X. chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#28 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

Nintendo games take ages to drop in price.  You'll probably be waiting at least a year before you see a significant reduction in price.

DK is already going pretty cheap compared to other games, I dont understand why you dont think they are worth the launch price.

i don't trust nintendo anymore & i don't want to get my finger burnt by the games not being what they were promised to be.

#29 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

i don't trust nintendo anymore & i don't want to get my finger burnt by the games not being what they were promised to be.

What promises were broken outside of delays that ended up adding more anyway?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#30 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

What promises were broken outside of delays that ended up adding more anyway?

games released having stuff missing out,

first party games released with no multiplayer,

Nintendo has loads of third partys lined up,

sorting out the OS (it's still way to slow)

what games were delayed that had more stuff added, rayman ? i had it pre-ordered until the delay then i canceled it, not got it yet & not going to get it either now

#31 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

games released having stuff missing out,
first party games released with no multiplayer,
Nintendo has loads of third partys lined up,
sorting out the OS (it's still way to slow)

what games were delayed that had more stuff added, rayman ? i had it pre-ordered until the delay then i canceled it, not got it yet & not going to get it either now

Rayman and Donkey Kong were both delayed and both got new stuff becaude of it.

What first party release didn't have multiplayer that should've?

Nintendo had third parties at launch; they just Wiied Nintendo over with bad ports and left.

The missing features were all on the third partt's end. Not Nintendo's fault.

The OS may not be perfect, but it's not as terrible. It never takes me a long time to go from one app to another. It's a lot better than it was at launch, so the OS was sorted out. There will always be room for improvement, even in the PS4's and Xbox 1's OS.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#32 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

Smash, X, MK8, DK. That is all. Unless Yarn Yoshi ends up looking incredible.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#33 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

I loved Mario Kart 7 so I'm looking forward to MK8, oh and Hyrule Warriors.

#34 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

I will probably get every game on that list, except for maybe Yarn Yoshi, and Child of Light. But out of all of them, I'm most looking forward to X followed closely by Smash. But X looks so sooooooo amazing. I loved Xenoblade and this looks a lot like it, plus it is BEAUTIFUL, better looking than a lot of PS4 and Xbone games.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#35 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

How dare you not mention Guilty Gear on that 2D fighter list. That's probably the best one.

And sorry, but you're wrong about Smash (assuming we're not talking about Brawl). It's got a simple and easy to get into concept, but contains a lot of hidden depth for the people who actually want to get better at the game. I'd wager it's just as good as your average 2D fighter.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#36 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

How dare you not mention Guilty Gear on that 2D fighter list. That's probably the best one.

And sorry, but you're wrong about Smash (assuming we're not talking about Brawl). It's got a simple and easy to get into concept, but contains a lot of hidden depth for the people who actually want to get better at the game. I'd wager it's just as good as your average 2D fighter.

Brawl has a lot of depth as well >.<

Everyone talks as if brawl is nothing compared to melee but that's straight up not true. Brawl is still an extremely competitive fighting game with a lot of depth to it. Maybe not as much as melee, but there's still a lot there.

Edited by xWydrAx, 04 January 2014 - 10:29 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#37 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

Bayonetta 2 is the only worthwhile game I see in there. Maybe X and Donkey Kong will turn out like pretty nice games.

Brawl has a lot of depth as well >.<

Everyone talks brawl has nothing e compared to melee but that's straight up not true. Brawl is still an extremely competitive fighting game with a lot of depth to it. Maybe not as much as melee, but there still a lot there.

http://pastebin.com/pJt3J0Wu

Brawl is a mess that encourages camping in the competitive scene. It simply doesn't compare to Melee.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#38 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

Bayonetta 2 is the only worthwhile game I see in there. Maybe X and Donkey Kong will turn out like pretty nice games.

http://pastebin.com/pJt3J0Wu

Brawl is a mess that encourages camping in the competitive scene. It simply doesn't compare to Melee.

I'm just saying it gets blown way out of proportion. Yes it's missing a lot of competitive stuff from melee, but there are also a few things that could be considered improvements (http://serenesforest...showtopic=40822)

. It's still highly in depth, filed with at's and possibly even more mindgame than melee since it's not so combo heavy.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#39 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

Mario Kart 8, Yarn Yoshi, Hyrule Warriors and Donkey Kong. And maybe, just maybe Smash.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#40 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

Watch Dogs - Not that interested at this moment. But I could always try it in the future, although I'd probably get it for PS3 or PS4.

Tengami - Heard of it, but not interested.

Hyrule Warriors - Might get, never played a Dynasty Warriors game before.

Child of Light - Haven't looked into it, and not too interested in RPGs.

Yarn Yoshi - Day one buy (although has it been said if it's coming out in 2014?)

Tropical Freeze - Day one buy

Mario Kart 8 - Day one buy

Bayonetta 2 - I liked W101,so I might give Bayonetta 1 a shot (especially if there will be a Wii U port), so that will decide if I want 2.

X - Possibly day one buy.

Smash Bros. - Day one buy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!