#1 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

I just finished looking through the Famitsu sales numbers and Nintendo's sales are phenomenal!!! The Wii U in particular did something I didn't expect!!! If the Wii U goes on to sell 500K units in the Americas (all things seem to point to it) we could see a 1 mil worldwide sale for the Wii U this December.  That's launch like numbers people!!!  So do you think the Wii u is back or do you want to see the Jan2014 sales first before making that assumption?  The upcoming fiscal report for Nintendo is going to be very interesting indeed. I think Nintendo Wii U will end up underperfoming and will sell at least 7 mil Wii U's by the end of March 2014.  Still it bodes well for the Wii U as I expect Nintendo Wii U to sell another 7.5-9 mil units for the upcoming year based on the strength of their upcoming games!!!  MarioKart 8 alone should help pull a million units worldwider for the platform.

JRi9f.png

#2 Merky Water

Merky Water

Motion Shooter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Contra, Mario Kart

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

I think, depite best efforts by some reviewers, the Wii U is here to stay.  Plenty of people are afraid of launch window bugs or poor reviews and steer clear for a year or so.  Now, people either feel bugs are worked out or have tried their buddy's U and see the reviews are off base.  They're joining the ranks of console owners and the system can finally stand on it's own for what it is.

Merky-Banner_zpsfd81fed3.png

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

I am expecting January to be significantly lower and people will write off december as just holiday season and thats it. I still see like 2 Wii U doomed type articles on different sites a day. Until the console can consistently sell 100kish a month in NA no one will care.

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

I'm gonna wait until I see the January figures, It was Christmas after all so I can't say for sure if those numbers are there to stay or just christmas hype

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

I'm gonna wait until I see the January figures, It was Christmas after all so I can't say for sure if those numbers are there to stay or just christmas hype

exactly that will be what people will say. so i have said before January numbers are more important than December

#6 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

Dang you guys are all so grim.

It's still good news, why can't we just celebrate that...? 

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Eh.

Idk about this. The holidays a lot of people end up picking up what's in stock and what ever.

So as everyone else says we need to wait for January.

But on a note, I believe when smash bros comes out the wii u will sell once again

We don't seem to be getting 3rd party support. So we need Nintendo to hit it with there first party Nintendo only games.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

Well that's great if you're right. That's more than great, that's brilliant!

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#9 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

Jan. will be lower- but February should see a decent spike.  And hopefully April takes off.  By then, the Wii U case will be pretty compelling with NSMBU, SM3DW, Pikmin, W101, Rayman, MarioKart and Donkey Kong.....If you are just entering the console in April, that will keep you busy for awhile, not to mention set you back $400 in software.

I am expecting January to be significantly lower and people will write off december as just holiday season and thats it. I still see like 2 Wii U doomed type articles on different sites a day. Until the console can consistently sell 100kish a month in NA no one will care.

#10 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Dang you guys are all so grim.

It's still good news, why can't we just celebrate that...? 

I know...we should just enjoy how Wii U is on fire at the moment!!! You could check how well the Wii U is doing by seeing how it is still sold out of major retailers like Bestbuy, Target, Walmart and ToysRus.  Depending on the stock situation the Wii U could sell 450K-500K worldwide in Jan2014!!!

#11 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

Unfortunately, thinks aren`that great.

Assuming it can do 1 million worldwide, for the month of December, it will see a 700k+ fall from December last year.

If you look at Xbox360 and PS3`s December salesin the year after launch, both passed the 2 million mark.
So you see, barely hitting or passing 1 million, is not a good number.

That doesn`t mean that Wii U can`t do better this year.
From what i have been reading Wii U shipments never were that great either and they sell out quickly. Let`s hope January sees an improvement to show if sales can really increase a lot.

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

The only thing I got out of this topic was that Reggie would look good on a motorbike.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

Happy with the sales numbers but just heard the next Aliens isolation game is being released on every other format, not WiiU grrrr.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#14 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

Unfortunately, thinks aren`that great.

Assuming it can do 1 million worldwide, for the month of December, it will see a 700k+ fall from December last year.

If you look at Xbox360 and PS3`s December salesin the year after launch, both passed the 2 million mark.
So you see, barely hitting or passing 1 million, is not a good number.

That doesn`t mean that Wii U can`t do better this year.
From what i have been reading Wii U shipments never were that great either and they sell out quickly. Let`s hope January sees an improvement to show if sales can really increase a lot.

That's because the X1 and PS4 (more of the X1 than 4 but its similar) are all front loaded and running on hype.  Once everyone sees how these "next-gen" systems are barely able to surpass PS360 games (looks at PS4/X1 versions of  AC, COD:Ghost, Injustice, Skylanders etc) it'll be hard to justify dropping $500 for a PS4 (PS4+game+extra controller) or $600 on an X1 (X1+game+xtra controller).  I believe Nintendo Wii U can easily combat PS4/X1 if they market it's strengths which are a $300 price entry vs $500-$600, a true backward compatible machine (controllers, games, acc etc), great indie support, top-tier Nintendo first party exclusives, ability to be a multi-media hub Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, TVii, etc, an awesome built in video chat capabliity, and most of all TOTALLY FREE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE!!!!

The only thing I got out of this topic was that Reggie would look good on a motorbike.

It's positive news/thread about Nintendo...why can't you be happy?  This makes me sad :(

Happy with the sales numbers but just heard the next Aliens isolation game is being released on every other format, not WiiU grrrr.

It doesn't matter, the game sounds like another generic FPS which I am sick and tired of playing on my 360!!!

#15 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

Well it doesn't matter to you but it does to me and the few people around the world that like fps or Aliens stuff.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#16 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

That's because the X1 and PS4 (more of the X1 than 4 but its similar) are all front loaded and running on hype.  Once everyone sees how these "next-gen" systems are barely able to surpass PS360 games (looks at PS4/X1 versions of  AC, COD:Ghost, Injustice, Skylanders etc) it'll be hard to justify dropping $500 for a PS4 (PS4+game+extra controller) or $600 on an X1 (X1+game+xtra controller).  I believe Nintendo Wii U can easily combat PS4/X1 if they market it's strengths which are a $300 price entry vs $500-$600, a true backward compatible machine (controllers, games, acc etc), great indie support, top-tier Nintendo first party exclusives, ability to be a multi-media hub Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, TVii, etc, an awesome built in video chat capabliity, and most of all TOTALLY FREE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE!!!!

Problem is Wii U`s troubles have got nothing to do with PS4 or XB1.
The 700k+ fall in sales for the month of December is really bad and is a result of many flaws at Nintendo.

It`s true that many rushed to buy these new consoles, but given that they have 1st party support already planned for the coming months and unquestionable 3rd party support, even if sales decrease - and they will - no way that they are going to hit Wii U levels in 2013.
Even Xbox 1 at that price will surely sell above Wii U numbers.

2014 needs to be a very special year for Wii U, if Nintendo wants to avoid another failure like GC. And i do hope they are really scared, because then they will do their very best to make Wii U, not a GC, but, at least, another N64.

#17 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

It's positive news/thread about Nintendo...why can't you be happy?  This makes me sad :(

You're getting sad because I made a joke?

... TCH! I'M LOSING MY pOWErs!!1

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#18 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

Problem is Wii U`s troubles have got nothing to do with PS4 or XB1.
The 700k+ fall in sales for the month of December is really bad and is a result of many flaws at Nintendo.

It`s true that many rushed to buy these new consoles, but given that they have 1st party support already planned for the coming months and unquestionable 3rd party support, even if sales decrease - and they will - no way that they are going to hit Wii U levels in 2013.
Even Xbox 1 at that price will surely sell above Wii U numbers.

2014 needs to be a very special year for Wii U, if Nintendo wants to avoid another failure like GC. And i do hope they are really scared, because then they will do their very best to make Wii U, not a GC, but, at least, another N64.

Where are you getting this? All information points to the Wii U overacheiving this December instead of falling?  Everyone expected the Wii U to sell >500K worldwide for Dec2013 and VGC already has it selling 920K with a week left to go!!!  Even MC/Famitsu has it selling ~350K for the month with a week remaining; so I don't understand where the fall is coming from?

If you mean, you expect the Wii U to sell 200K-300K worldwide for the month of Jan 2014 maybe you have a slight point.  I however think that the Wii U could sell 400-500K worldwide this Jan 2014 (a good hold for a non-launch system) depending on system stock.  As I understand it the Wii U is still selling out this 1st week of the year (BB, TRU, WM, and Target all reports sell outs for the system) and at least shows the system had a good 1st week of Jan.

You're getting sad because I made a joke?

... TCH! I'M LOSING MY pOWErs!!1

opps...sorry I guess I didn't get that!!! I thought you didn't like the thread.  It does seem to positive for the Wii U (something rare these days).

Edited by ElderKnight77, 07 January 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#19 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

Well, according to VGChartz it sold 941,832 units in December (28), so we have that.

The 3DS did 3.39 million btw. 

Edited by Arkhandar, 07 January 2014 - 05:24 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#20 Ledo Jaeger

Ledo Jaeger

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • NNID:Aarony

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

I don't think the Wii U is going to be dropped any time soon. I don't think it'll have the 6-year lifespan of the Wii, but I think Nintendo will get some great stuff out of it as their R&D works overtime on the U 2

In other words, I love you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!