Photo

Why would anyone buy a PlayStation branded device in the future?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

PSP games, re-bundled and re-released on PS3, PS4 to PS3 accounts being abandoned, PS3 , PSV, etc. all coming to Android, PC, etc. with PlayStation Now.

Discuss.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#2 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

I'm not even sure what Playstation now is.

Bring the noise.

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

They haven't announced all of the details yet, but it does seem like a weird strategy to take. I guess we'll see how they handle it.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 Dr.Legendaddy

Dr.Legendaddy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • NNID:Dr.Legendaddy
  • Fandom:
    Lucas, Wario, King Triple D

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

I wouldnt!  :mellow: i got my wii u n 3ds for nintendo ips and pc for everything else

wario_land_4__animated_miniwario_avi_set[7HzG] Our clans website please feel free to check us out or to join us: http://7hzg.webs.com/

We're on many Nintendo and PC Games represented always looking to have a good time together :ph34r:

Steam: DrUSA7

NNID:Dr.Legendaddy, 7HzG_Legendaddy(BLOPSII)

#5 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Not sure what ps now will exactly do but I do know that the ps4 and vita work fantastic. PS4 will have great exclusives like the ps3 did and the vita has awesome games and now I will be able to stream ps3/4 titles which is awesome so I have no reason to doubt I'll be satisfied with my sony purchases.

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

I'll be ignoring it, unless it comes to Wii U. But they still need to clarify how it works; I really doubt that within the year i'll be playing PS4 games on an iPad.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

Because Naughtydog, Some of us don't have great PC's, Third Party Exclusive... That's all I have for now.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

Because I don't just want to rent all of my games over the internet over unstable internet connections? 

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

Because Naughtydog, Some of us don't have great PC's, Third Party Exclusive... That's all I have for now.

You must have missed the news about the fact that games are getting streamed to devices outside of the playstation in the future.

#10 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

You must have missed the news about the fact that games are getting streamed to devices outside of the playstation in the future.

I didn't miss it, I just didn't perfectly understand it enough to know exactly how it's going to work :S

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#11 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

I'll be ignoring it, unless it comes to Wii U. But they still need to clarify how it works; I really doubt that within the year i'll be playing PS4 games on an iPad.

withen a year, proubly not, withen 2 years, there is a very good chance, espicialy if sony goes bankrupt.

#12 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

PSP games, re-bundled and re-released on PS3, PS4 to PS3 accounts being abandoned, PS3 , PSV, etc. all coming to Android, PC, etc. with PlayStation Now.

Discuss.

To me it seems like Sony's prepping to leave the gaming hardware business and shift in to primarily providing software services in the same vein as what Steam has been doing.

Then again I could be wrong.

pNgecl.gif

#13 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

strange, I can't seem to find my ps3 games on my PC. Maybe I missed something though. Also haven't received any emails from Sony telling me my account was being cancelled and my software purchases revoked. Huh.

#14 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

I cant wait till I can stream PlayStation games from the cloud on my Wii U XD

Honestly, this is such a weird strategy, and i don't understand why the would do this

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#15 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

Because I don't just want to rent all of my games over the internet over unstable internet connections? 

Like having your games tied to the system is any better rofl. 

Edited by Zinix, 14 January 2014 - 07:57 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#16 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

SolxBurst, it's simple; Sony as a business exists to make money. The PS4 is not making them money. The PS3 did because it helped them win the Bluray-HD-DVD war (and so helped them sell a lot of movies and bluray players), but there's nothing like that for the PS4

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#17 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:23 PM

SolxBurst, it's simple; Sony as a business exists to make money. The PS4 is not making them money.

The PS3 did because it helped them win the Bluray-HD-DVD war (and so helped them sell a lot of movies and bluray players), but there's nothing like that for the PS4

The PS4 is pretty much domminating in terms of sales. I'd say that's probably making them a bit of money. ._.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#18 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

The PS4 is pretty much domminating in terms of sales. I'd say that's probably making them a bit of money. ._.

Except they're selling it at a loss :/

Also, is Playstation aiming to become similar to steam with this (except with phone streaming)?

Which is weird, because steam is aiming to become similar to Playstation (and other console makers) with the steamboxes.

Edited by R00bot, 14 January 2014 - 11:41 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

Except they're selling it at a loss :/

Also, is Playstation aiming to become similar to steam with this (except with phone streaming)?

Which is weird, because steam is aiming to become similar to Playstation (and other console makers) with the steamboxes.

I think Sony is planning to get out of the console hardware business and is exploring alternatives. They still have a vast selection of exclusive games.

As for Steam, I believe they are trying to move away from Windows and thus need a specialized OS for developers to code for. It does make sense, because the future of Windows is suspect and Steam has the clout to encourage developers to switch over. They don't have to make the hardware (only sell licenses and maintain the OS). Manufacturers are free to customize their hardware for specific needs, so some can be cheaper systems for the casuals and others be expensive systems for the enthusiasts.

Both the Xbox and PlayStation depend on third-party developers, and they attract them by having the most powerful systems (that can both show awesome details and bulldoze through terrible ports). The Steam machines are capable of being more powerful, so third-part developers (and consumers) may end up being attracted to them and away from Microaoft and Sony.

Nintendo will get off unscathed, as they depend mostly on first-party games that are not legally brought to other systems

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:02 AM

Not sure what ps now will exactly do but I do know that the ps4 and vita work fantastic. PS4 will have great exclusives like the ps3 did and the vita has awesome games and now I will be able to stream ps3/4 titles which is awesome so I have no reason to doubt I'll be satisfied with my sony purchases.

They're not going to be exclusives though, they'll be on every device.

The point is those "exclusives" will now be on PC and every other device capable of 720p and an internet connection.

strange, I can't seem to find my ps3 games on my PC. Maybe I missed something though. Also haven't received any emails from Sony telling me my account was being cancelled and my software purchases revoked. Huh.

It's called PlayStation Now, it's based on Gaikai, a game-streaming service.

Yeah, indeed. When the PS5 launches and they say "sorry, you need new PSN Accounts! (lolol)" you'll think renting them is different how?

Like having your games tied to the system is any better rofl.

IKR, especially when Sony have shown they give no dick-rainbows about removing your purchases from your account when you "upgrade".

BTW, Steam don't and never will stream games, Gabe's said in the past he doesn't think PC gaming is ready for how rainbowty streaming full games will be. I think their timeline for game streaming is 5-10 years from now.
ALSO! The only reason I see for owning a Sony console now is for the impatient, or people who want a media-box.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!