• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Looks really nice and I will be picking this up having not played the last gen version. For those that have I don't think this new version is a must buy, there could be some specific DS4 touchpad/speaker features and Kinect voice commands.

#2 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

The game is great imo an 8.5 maybe a 9 but I'm leaning towards the 8.5. Still I have it for the ps3 and I don't see why anyone would upgrade aside from the clearly better visuals it's the same game. Still if you haven't played the current game gen I would get it for next gen(current nowadays lol) I guess.

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Yeah, I'm getting the Definitive Version since I haven't played the recent Tomb Raider yet. Should be a good time.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

2 next gen 4 me :/

It looks the same but with her face different.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

my GTX 770 poops all over the "definitive" version.

POOP.

#6 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

my GTX 770 poops all over the "definitive" version.

POOP.

It's apparently supposed to be it on ultra settings with Tres-Effex, which melted computers everywhere.

As for me, I was thinking about getting this on 360, but I guess I will wait for the PS4 version.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#7 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

Seriously, where did the next-gen go? I thought we were going to see improvements in graphics?

bi5tzqg.gif

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

Seriously, where did the next-gen go? I thought we were going to see improvements in graphics?

We did, but due to the law of diminishing returns is not as noticeable. It's not like going from Ocarina of time to Twilight Princess, more like going from Twilight Princess to Skyward Sword.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

We did, but due to the law of diminishing returns is not as noticeable. It's not like going from Ocarina of time to Twilight Princess, more like going from Twilight Princess to Skyward Sword.

Ikr. That's probably also the reason last gen was a lot longer than previous gens, they didn't want to release a new console that doesn't offer much more than the previous consoles. And, in a way, they still did.
The Wii U is the only console on the market right now that actually offers something the previous gen didn't.

bi5tzqg.gif

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

If all we are pretty much doing we is going to port last gen games to new consoles with marginally better graphics still charge 60$ then the industry is truly headed for a new crash and would deserve it.

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

If all we are pretty much doing we is going to port last gen games to new consoles with marginally better graphics still charge 60$ then the industry is truly headed for a new crash and would deserve it.

I'd be happy if Nintendo ported more gamecube games to the Wii U though. I never finished very many of the games (only Double Dash) And would love to play them again.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

The difference is notable,  but minimal. I'd never  pick this up if you've got the original.  

No sig.

#13 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:55 AM

The biggest difference is in the hair. It doesn't help that Tomb Raider was one of the best looking games on the PS360.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#14 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:58 AM

I played the original Tomb Raider on the PS3 and it felt too much like Uncharted for me without the fun or the 'complex' puzzle solving stuff. The Tombs were too easy and too short to complete.

I wouldn't buy the new Tomb Raider edition, especially when there is nothing defintive about the new edition.

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

This is not the definitive version, that would include a naked Lara Croft

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#16 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

I love this game, for some reason it never managed to get declared as GOTY. Such a shame...

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#17 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Yeah, I'm getting the Definitive Version since I haven't played the recent Tomb Raider yet. Should be a good time.

Oh man then you're in for a treat.  It's an awesome game imo!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#18 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

2 next gen 4 me :/

It looks the same but with her face different.

They rescan the lady that she is molded after.

I'd pick this up if I get cash. It's not a most for me but Iam lacking on my ps4 choices.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#19 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

Well I played this at ultra with tress fx on and this newer version looks tweeked,sort of brighter.
The thing is the old gen stuff was still holding pc ports back. The PS4 gen stuff will help but again pc is being held back.

If I had not already played this then yes PS4 version looks nice.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#20 Ledo Jaeger

Ledo Jaeger

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • NNID:Aarony

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

Tomb Raider…a game that is eternally on my must-play list. Maybe down the line if a PS4 comes into my possession, I'll grab the definitive edition

In other words, I love you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!