• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 chillv

chillv

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

I don't think there was ever a topic for this game, even when the free trial version came out.

Anyway, it came out physically 9 days ago. Do any of you have this game? What do you think of it?

I don't have it, but I plan on getting it soon and from what I have seen, it looks fun, and the fitness factor is an added bonus. The dance, aerobic and balance activities look fun and engaging. The yoga and strength training, although just being regular exercise look engaging too since you have a trainer talking to you and such.

Another thing, I love the whole idea of the fit meter including the challenges to encourage you to keep using it. The features such as the routines, gym communities and personal trainer are also nice additions.

This will be my first Wii Fit game. I'm buying because I am a bit on the lazy side when it comes to exercise, mostly because I find it boring. This game seems like it will make fitness more engaging to me. I'm not trying to lose weight of anything (if I do I will become flat stanley)

Also, I heard that the game will read you as overweight or obese if you are a big, muscular person. However, I am actually a scrawny dude so this doesn't bother me. Speaking of that, simply the body test looks fun.

I can't wait to get my hands on this, the balance board and the fit meter. Heck, I even bought two games that come with wii remote plus controllers just so I can have all of the equipment to play all of the activities.

Edited by chillv, 29 January 2014 - 03:38 PM.

#2 Law212

Law212

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

I picked up the board today. Its somewhat expensive , but I had a 25 dollar gift card so I used it on that. Though you do get the board, the game and the fit meter.

I tried it out for a while and found it was quite good. I also like some of the games where you needed to also use a wii mote or two.

I'm interested to see if it actually does help with fitness as , I do martial arts and weight training and have wanted to add yoga into the mix. So far yoga is harder than I thought.

Also the wii fit board labels me as obese and adds about an extra 30 pounds to my weight. So its off by quite a bit on that aspect.

#3 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Oh yeah I saw something about the free trial. How did that work again? We never bought the first Wii Fit, meant to, but never did. So once the trial runs out, what then? I know you need the board, then you download it, so then your in the trial? So then you need to buy the pedomator? Is it like a by "Jan 30" type of trial?

Stupid Snowmads!

#4 chillv

chillv

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Oh yeah I saw something about the free trial. How did that work again? We never bought the first Wii Fit, meant to, but never did. So once the trial runs out, what then? I know you need the board, then you download it, so then your in the trial? So then you need to buy the pedomator? Is it like a by "Jan 30" type of trial?

The trial allows you to download and try out Wii Fit U free for 30 days if you already own a balance board. The download ends on 31, after that, it will be no longer available to download for free, but for the retail price. If you buy a fit meter and sync it to your trial version, you get to keep it forever.

#5 flower_petals

flower_petals

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

It is adding quite a few extra pounds to my weight.  Have read it has happened to others as well.  any problems with that here?

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

It is adding quite a few extra pounds to my weight.  Have read it has happened to others as well.  any problems with that here?

I recall the old one having an option for what clothes you were wearing, and changing your weight depending on that. Aside from that, it just mught be more/less accurate than the other device you are using.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 TrecaaBade

TrecaaBade

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario & Sonic

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

How much weight can the wii U board hold as I don't want to break it. I wondered if it had changed from the original wii board or is the same specs?

#8 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

How much weight can the wii U board hold as I don't want to break it. I wondered if it had changed from the original wii board or is the same specs?

I'll go one furher, it's the same board.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#9 chillv

chillv

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

I believe Wii Fit U is not absolute on it's weight measures. Also, I believe it will register anyone big and/or muscular as overweight or even obese.

#10 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

The clothes feature is still in there but you need a full body test, not the quick option.

I've used it since the first one and I am actually a fan. It really works. I don't play many games but do the full muscles, yoga and sometimes some cardio. 45m a day. The fitmeter works great, especially since my wife uses it to and we're both competitive.

With this game, the Gamepad is a Wonder. With the last games I always had to reorganise the livingroom to have enough space to excercise.
The gamepad is just so much more flexible!

I just joined a community to see how that works. You can join too at:

8342 2938 9757

Edited by Lupaie, 30 January 2014 - 11:14 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

I was using wii fit u regularly but the past month it has not been weighing me correctly. It's several pounds less then what I am as I compare it to my fitness scale. Even selecting different options of clothing, + and - etc, it is still off. Anyone else with this problem?

Wondering if my board is going bad or there is a software bug?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#12 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

I was using wii fit u regularly but the past month it has not been weighing me correctly. It's several pounds less then what I am as I compare it to my fitness scale. Even selecting different options of clothing, + and - etc, it is still off. Anyone else with this problem?

Wondering if my board is going bad or there is a software bug?

Did you recalibrate the board via: utilities in startmenu of wii fit u?

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#13 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

Did you recalibrate the board via: utilities in startmenu of wii fit u?

I don't think so, I totally forgot about the ability to do so. Thanks very much. Will do this tonight and report back.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#14 Law212

Law212

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

Ya the game registers an additional 30 pounds to my weight and labels me obese. I'm a big guy with lots of muscle and weigh 220 pounds.

#15 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:19 AM

Yeah, I think there should be an option to input your bellyfat percentage and stuff like that. You'd only need to visit a health centre for those kind of stats. Nintendo should connect(partnerup) to local healthcentre to provide those services. On wiiu I don't see this happen, but on their 'Quality of Life' device it should.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!