Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

http://www.bloomberg...html?cmpid=yhoo

Nintendo Co. (7974) is under pressure to consider exiting production of video-game machines after reporting disappointing sales of its Wii U console and forecasting a surprise loss, prompting its stock to tumble.

Nintendo, based in Kyoto, Japan, fell 12 percent to 12,885 yen, the biggest intraday plunge since July 2011, at 10:11 a.m. in Tokyo trading. The company on Jan. 17 projected an operating loss for the year ending in March and cut its forecast for annual sales of the year-old Wii U by more than two-thirds.

President Satoru Iwata should concede defeat with the Wii U, shut down production and open up Nintendo’s iconic software characters including Zelda and Super Mario to the smartphones, tablets and consoles that have made a shambles of his strategy, said Michael Pachter, an analyst with Wedbush Securities in Los Angeles. Nintendo should exit hardware altogether, Pachter said.

Iwata “has to take responsibility for the Wii U missing the mark,” Pachter said. “He will be under pressure to make dramatic changes. If he can do so while remaining in charge, more power to him, but they need to make some changes.”

Iwata, 54, says he’s not going to step down and plans to see the company through its unspecified transition. To date, he has refused to offer Nintendo franchises for competing console systems or mobile devices. He’s considering changing the business model, he said Jan. 17 without offering specifics.

eEG8Ies.png

#2 Ledo Jaeger

Ledo Jaeger

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • NNID:Aarony

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

uhhhhh no.

In other words, I love you

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

Patcher Pressed To Stop Being A Bung Hole . Now that's a good headline.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

This "article" is just reiterating what Pachter said. Every single statement in that article was from him. There wasn't a single original thought in that.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#5 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

Oh boy, more Pachter.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#6 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

I really wouldn't have any problems with Sony and Nintendo fusing. Make it happen already.

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

This "article" is just reiterating what Pachter said. Every single statement in that article was from him. There wasn't a single original thought in that.

Yep, a bunch of other newsy sites are running the same story... if it brings in clicks thats all that matters

I really wouldn't have any problems with Sony and Nintendo fusing. Make it happen already.

Nintendo would never make such a move with a company on the brink of huge financial troubles.

Edited by Sorceror12, 19 January 2014 - 06:50 PM.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

Sony

Nintendo

fusing

They're both Japanese companies mang.

It'd be like trying to get IHOP and Waffle House to fuse.

#9 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

IHOP and Waffle House

I don't know what either of these things are.

Australian_Flag_Flying_animated.gif

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

Australian_Flag_Flying_animated.gif

I don't either but I am sure it was made in China

#11 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

-snip-

One sells waffles and the other sells pancakes.

Animated_Flag.gif

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

Oh nooooes, two years of losses!

Nintendo should just call it quits! Surely there is no going back! It's not like the other competitors have been bleeding money like a sieve for way more years than Nintendo has!

Heh, oh, wait, that's right. Nintendo was the only console maker to break a profit last generation. They also currently aren't in debt in any way.

Guess the facts happen to slip Pachter's mind every time he lets words flop out of his mouth like a rotting tuna.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Ledo Jaeger

Ledo Jaeger

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • NNID:Aarony

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

This article made me gag up breakfast from two months ago. That's how disgusting I found it. Also I need to see a doctor about my digestive system

In other words, I love you

#14 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

MY GOD THE THREAD TITLE GAVE ME A MINI HEART ATTACK!!  D:

#15 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

Never believe what you read on the internet.  Nintendo will survive.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#16 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

i wish threads about nintendo going 3rd party should be banned. 

if they go 3rd party, they would eventually go totally out of business. 

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

The funny thing is that Nintendo is better at hardware than MS and Sony- neither of whom are under the same scrutiny.

The. Wii u is very custom. The others are more off the shelf, with Sony being a bit better (packing in that power supply took some work).

If Nintendo WANTED to be the most powerful system, the simply would.

It's not thei ability that's in question. It's their vision. That's where some new blood is valuable. Don't toss Iwata to the side. He's needed for stability and carefulness. But that needs to be balanced with people who want to push the envelope.

#18 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

the only way i see this happening is nintendo aquiring sonys assets if sony goes bankrupt. 

#19 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

Seriously, does no one know how a company works? Its like 90% of people are mentally challenged! My IQ is dropping from facedesking so hard from the raw stupidity

Edited by SPG, 19 January 2014 - 11:45 PM.

wa3Nq7j.png

#20 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

Nintendo becoming a third party developer will see their franchises fall from grace and will be the nails in their coffin as far as I'm concerned.

Nintendo also should stick with the Wii U for the next four or five years and in the mean time really assess where they've gone wrong and what they need to do in order to modernise themselves and become a real competitor in the home console market.

The people down playing the potential of a third straight fiscal loss are ignoring the fact that Nintendo are losing money. Businesses no matter how big or how wealthy simply cannot afford to lose money. Just ask the investors at Microsoft who are miffed that the Xbox division has lost a few billion since its creation.

Also the lack of sales sends its own message and that message is simple: The consumer doesn't want what a particular company is offering.

Nintendo really need to stand back and watch what Sony is doing because Sony with the PS1, PS2, PS3 (in the last few years of its lifecycle) and PS4 have played an absolute blinder. When it comes to marketing, making consoles and making software Sony is an accomplished company in all three fields.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 20 January 2014 - 06:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!