YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

EA should be dead any day now. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#22 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

Not if they are the only ones pumping out FIFA

And FIFA is a bloody huge community.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#23 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

I wonder if Nexon buying EA would make them less dickish...

Edited by BlackWydrA, 22 January 2014 - 09:58 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#24 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

I actually expect EA to be the next gaming company to go down, possibly after Capcom. That is, unless they decide to release yearly battlefield games (sadly, this would generate more sales). But that's only really a temporary fix. Eventually people will get tired of it. Maybe. Maybe not, though, CoD's still doing well.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#25 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:49 AM

Maybe it's just me but I would consider Nintendo to be appealing to a "broad" audience rather than a "kiddy" audience, I guess it doesn't really matter since EA is trying to cater for gamers like they were mindless children.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#26 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

I've never really liked any of EA's games. That could partially because by the time I try one they're on the worst rehash of the series.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#27 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

The "kids ip platform" has a little bit of truth in it if any game not rated 18+ (or M or whatever you call it) is a kids game. But Nintendo games sell better than crappy sports titles and shooters because they are of higher quality and more fun, not because they are suitable for kids. Oh well we all know EA are just being babies anyway.

Sorry, I love Nintendo, but EA talks sense. You however, no offense, sound like a fanboy. I often feel the need to protect and stand up for Nintendo too, but I think we've all seen to many cases, news and articles to just ignore it. EA and Activision...moneywolves as they are...would they not seize the opportunity to make even more money? Yet they didn't see any points to do so, and they are much closer to the source than we...the fanboys. All that we do is ignore and defend, and I'm fed up with it. Once again, this is no personal attack.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#28 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

EA as idiotic as they sound probably represent the views of quite a few other development and studios.

Nintendo is primarily seen as a console manufacturer/games developer for children. Of course more adults play Nintendo games and own Nintendo systems than children, but that stereotype really has stuck with Nintendo.

Also Nintendo gamers don't seem to buy third party titles in large enough quantities. Nintendo games only seem to sell on Nintendo systems which is a shame as great games like The Wonderful 101 will go under the radar and will probably never generate the developers an overall profit.

People are hyping up X and Bayonetta 2 and I'll be surprised if those games sell well because if it's not Mario or Zelda it really doesn't seem to sell particularly well on Nintendo systems.

#29 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:28 AM

Sorry, I love Nintendo, but EA talks sense. You however, no offense, sound like a fanboy. I often feel the need to protect and stand up for Nintendo too, but I think we've all seen to many cases, news and articles to just ignore it. EA and Activision...moneywolves as they are...would they not seize the opportunity to make even more money? Yet they didn't see any points to do so, and they are much closer to the source than we...the fanboys. All that we do is ignore and defend, and I'm fed up with it. Once again, this is no personal attack.

Not being a fanboy at all, as someone said EA are just enforcing a stereotype by saying wii u is for kids because nintendo dont make "mature" games. If they had said "the low wii u sales mean its unprofitable right now" then i wouldnt have a problem.

EA are just being babies because of the whole origin fiasco. If the console being for kids was a problem then why did EA still make games for the original wii? And why would their sports games not fit in with that demographic?

#30 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:53 AM

Not being a fanboy at all, as someone said EA are just enforcing a stereotype by saying wii u is for kids because nintendo dont make "mature" games. If they had said "the low wii u sales mean its unprofitable right now" then i wouldnt have a problem.

EA are just being babies because of the whole origin fiasco. If the console being for kids was a problem then why did EA still make games for the original wii? And why would their sports games not fit in with that demographic?

I don't buy into the "kiddies" argument as I don't consider Zelda (even Wind Waker HD) or games like Fire Emblem, Xenoblade and Metroid to be children's games. The beauty of Nintendo's software is that it appeals to all ages. I watched a Youtube video of the Animal Crossing New Leaf launch at Nintendo World and the entire crowd lining up outside waiting to purchase the game were all adults.

I've got Mario Party:Island Tour and Mario Tennis Open shortlisted on my Game wishlist and those are no doubt considered kiddie games, but I consider them to be games that can be played by everyone. Nintendo's greatest strength for me is that their games do not exclude anybody.

EA on the other hand create games designed for a small sub-section of people, sports fans, fps fans etc. Nintendo has something for everyone. Also when it comes to polished games, Nintendo is light years ahead of everyone else. After all these years I've still yet to find a single issue with any Nintendo game I've played. The same cannot be said for EA games.

#31 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:16 AM

“EA was dead to us very quickly” says Nintendo

SVikh.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#32 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:16 AM

Nintendo may have benefited from having EA's games on their systems (providing they weren't gimped).

#33 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:17 AM

I do understand and feel a lot like you too, I am 34 and bought the Wiiu as a family console, yet I love games as mh3 and w101 too. But I feel that Nintendo just didn't make their minds up on which demographic to target. Let me illustrate that by naming some games. How much did Nintendo promote Mh3 or W101 on adult broadcasting times. When looking to their release schedule how much platformers does a console need? We got Mario, Sonic, Rayman, more Mario and what choice do you think they let in internal studio make....Donkey Kong over a another adult'ish orientated shooter like Metroid. I'm not saying that DK should not have happened (problably be first in line) but the platforming games, often identified as kiddiegames (which is untrue), are already there, and I for one would have opted for Nintendo to focus on Next gen Zelda with eyewatering Nextgen hd graphics, Metroid, Fzero or games that would show signs that they really let go the casual market and focus on a more mature gaming public. Yet, another Platformer is coming, not only on DS but also for WiiU, Kirby and Yoshi. Do you think EA will believe that Nintendo will push their system to a new marketshare, one with room for games and ports such as found on rival platforms, I don't think so. So why would they need to invest?

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#34 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:20 AM

People i love EA , they gave me fifa (the best footbaling experience) EA isnt going down ,FiFA 14 is selling incredibly well it even took gta v of the charts in uk during its launch

#35 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:52 AM

People i love EA , they gave me fifa (the best footbaling experience) EA isnt going down ,FiFA 14 is selling incredibly well it even took gta v of the charts in uk during its launch

Not really. They PUBLISHED Fifa. You should really like the devs if anything...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#36 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:22 AM

Not really. They PUBLISHED Fifa. You should really like the devs if anything...

EA Canada developed FIFA 14.

#37 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:16 AM

EA Canada developed FIFA 14.

Is  that gonna be a regular thing now?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#38 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

6yQan.png

I find these comments to be complete bs. If you have such a "great partner", why are you not releasing games for the Wii U (don't think they release 3DS games either)? Also, I'm pretty sure when at least one non anonymous employee (some sports game dev said this months ago) is trashing the Wii U, you don't know where the relationship stands.

#39 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

Ah. That kind how I feel about the wii and wii u. It's. Kids system. There aren't to many adult type games.
The wii ended up getting flooded with Disney kid games.
And the wii u seems to be going down that route also.
I have said it tons of tomes before, Nintendo is marketing towards kids and families. They are not the ones that by games tho.
They aren't the ones that go to midnight release and stand outside in the cold for a game.
That's what sells and Nintendo just isn't pushing it as that.

So yea devs pass up Nintendo and move to ps and Xbox.

Get off here and go to thetroll.com (troll forums).

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#40 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

6yQan.png

I find these comments to be complete bs. If you have such a "great partner", why are you not releasing games for the Wii U (don't think they release 3DS games either)? Also, I'm pretty sure when at least one non anonymous employee (some sports game dev said this months ago) is trashing the Wii U, you don't know where the relationship stands.

I would absolutely love if the official Nintendo twitter just straight called them out on it.

This guy can go suck dick.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!