Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

Larger file size allowances for avatar gifs would be nice.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#102 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

The problem has to do with people having to load the pages and etc.  Also the avatars are linked to feldo's server, so space becomes a thing for him and all his pony avatars and media.

Anyways, even if I could change the file sizes, I think it's fine the way it is.  Either people could use smaller gifs or learn to optimize their own gifs.

#103 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

The problem has to do with people having to load the pages and etc.  Also the avatars are linked to feldo's server, so space becomes a thing for him and all his pony avatars and media.

Anyways, even if I could change the file sizes, I think it's fine the way it is.  Either people could use smaller gifs or learn to optimize their own gifs.

Eh, I'm not saying huge gifs per se, so much as just slightly larger sizes allowed.

But it's not a big deal either way. :shrug:

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#104 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

Mournblade thinks everyone is going to attack the integrity of the forums with ridiculously large avatars and sigs. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#105 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:53 PM

A severe limit on topics made by one person per day. The 50 a day and mostly crap one just to spam is getting out of hand.

Edited by Ryudo, 31 March 2014 - 11:08 PM.

#106 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

Mournblade thinks everyone is going to attack the integrity of the forums with ridiculously large avatars and sigs.

The limit is not goodly high already.
If you want to post a rainbowty 50GB gif, do it in a thread once, don't make me load it every post you make.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#107 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

Would it be possible to rename the Wii News forum section to  General Gaming News? 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#108 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Would it be possible to rename the Wii News forum section to  General Gaming News? 

But this forum is for "Wii U Fans".

Right?

Fans of the "Wii U" and "Nintendo" only post here, right? Right?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#109 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

But this forum is for "Wii U Fans".

Right?

Fans of the "Wii U" and "Nintendo" only post here, right? Right?

No. 

#110 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

How about just rename the spam area to Zinix thread area. Then can make all the thousands of spam topics and post count never goes up. It's a win for everyone.

#111 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

How about just rename the spam area to Zinix thread area. Then can make all the thousands of spam topics and post count never goes up. It's a win for everyone.

You got a problem with her post count?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#112 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

You got a problem with her post count?

Nah just her spamming

#113 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

Nah just her spamming

Mournbrado should do something about people clicking threads about things just to say "why is this a thread?" She should ban them.

3 strikes in 1, dead. Instaban,

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#114 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Mournbrado should do something about people clicking threads about things just to say "why is this a thread?" She should ban them.

And Stalker girls

#115 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

He's just upset that his Nintendo Wii U is collecting dust while the PS4 and Xbox One are getting exclusives announced every day. 

#116 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

And Stalker girls

2nd grade syndrome finale reference.

He's just upset that his Nintendo Wii U is collecting dust while the PS4 and Xbox One are getting exclusives announced every day.

I play a lot of sonic and monster hunter on mine, she should get those games and enjoy them.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#117 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

2nd grade syndrome finale reference.

I play a lot of sonic and monster hunter on mine, she should get those games and enjoy them.

lol I have 27 systems  including PC. Not starved for anything. Also XBO has what CoD with Robots. nah kids crap. PS4 has what? Western crapola? Lol no thanks. Also will get a PS4 eventually anyway. I always get all 3. They just need more stuff and nothing on the horizon yet. ^_^

Edited by Ryudo, 04 April 2014 - 07:25 PM.

#118 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

Disregarding the content, it's still something.  That's why I didn't really care once Sora started making their ninty news topics here as topics and not exclusively ads.

I can start looking after that stuff and acting, then.

I haven't had much time to play games on my WiiU or computer, I still have a few I need to actually complete.

#119 Dankey Kang

Dankey Kang

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Coding and Gaming!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

Use Shoutbox maybe? (lol remember WUCF? Those were the days...)

But yeah, Shoutbox and some other IPB plugins would be cool :P

(cough replace the link with Wii U Blog to another news site, it's not updated anymore :()

AlwaysNintendoLogo-e1402524089702.png

Check out Always Nintendo! It's your daily dose of Wii U and Nintendo 3DS news!

#120 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

Use Shoutbox maybe? (lol remember WUCF? Those were the days...)

But yeah, Shoutbox and some other IPB plugins would be cool :P

(cough replace the link with Wii U Blog to another news site, it's not updated anymore :()

I don't think Mournblade can implement shoutboxes. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!