Photo

Man who tricked girlfriend into taking an abortion pill gets 13 years in jail.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1593401

A twisted Florida man was sentenced to nearly 14 years in prison for tricking his ex-girlfriend into taking an abortion pill last year and killing their 6-week old fetus. John Andrew Welden, 29, apologized Monday for his actions as a federal judge in Tampa handed down the 13 year, 8 month sentence. But his victim, former girlfriend Remee Jo Lee, demanded the judge show the calculating fiend “the same amount of mercy that he showed me during my pregnancy,” the Tampa Tribune reported. “This wasn’t just a case to me,” Lee told the judge. “This was the death of my child.” Welden and Lee, 27, had been romantically involved for nearly seven months when they learned last February that Lee was pregnant. The news, however, did not unite them.

Lee was ecstatic about becoming a mother, but Welden, who was working on a degree in sports medicine, wanted her to terminate the pregnancy. "I was never going to do anything but go full term with it, and he didn't want me to," Lee told WPTV News last year. Welden’s father, an obstetrician in the town of Lutz whom his son worked for, examined Lee and confirmed the pregnancy. During that visit, Lee had her blood drawn. The following day, Good Friday, Welden informed Lee that her blood work had turned up a bacterial infection and gave her what he claimed was the antibiotic Amoxicillin. The bottle actually contained Cytotec pills, which induce labor and result in abortion. Trusting Welden, Lee ingested one of the pills and went to work. “He came to my house with the pills, his weapon of choice," Lee told WPTV. On Easter Sunday, Lee fell ill and experienced v****** bleeding. Doctors at a hospital told her she had suffered a miscarriage caused by Cytotec.

When he joined her at the hospital, Welden admitted that he had given her the abortion drug. "He used this pregnancy as my Achilles heel,” Lee said. “He knew I wanted to do what is best, so that is why I took (the pills).” Welden admitted scratching off lettering on the Cytotec pills that would have identified them as a drug other than Amoxicillin. On Monday, Welden was remorseful as he addressed the court. “I’ve caused everyone a huge amount of emotional pain,” he said. “What I’ve done will stay with me every day for the rest of my life.” The judge ordered Welden to serve out his sentence at a low-security, federal prison camp and to pay nearly $30,000 in restitution to Lee, who told the court she bled for nearly a month after the forced abortion. Welden will spend three years on probation after his release. “I don’t belie

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

Only six weeks?

Pro abortion people shouldn't bat an eye at this. Just a minor inconvenience.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

Only six weeks?

Pro abortion people shouldn't bat an eye at this. Just a minor inconvenience.

Except that technically "Pro abortion" people are actually "pro choice."

labeling them "pro abortion" is simply a poor ad hominem attack that distracts from the issue of unwanted pregnancies.

Edited by grahamf, 29 January 2014 - 12:03 AM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:07 AM

It was his child to kill, if the judge goes by current abortion laws.
And if he broke up with her he'd be stuck with paying for the child he wanted to kill.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:10 AM

And if he broke up with her he'd be stuck with paying for the child he wanted to kill.

It may have been his child, but it was her body.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:18 AM

It may have been his child, but it was her body.

It only fed on her body, since at that stage all a child is is a parasite, like one of those worms you hear about.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:29 AM

It only fed on her body, since at that stage all a child is is a parasite, like one of those worms you hear about.

Nevertheless he tricked her into inducing trauma on her body, which alone can be considered assault.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

Nevertheless he tricked her into inducing trauma on her body, which alone can be considered assault.

She was his property though, they have been dating for over 6 months.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:42 AM

She was his property though, they have been dating for over 6 months.

Christ on a bicycle, what is this folly?

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:47 AM

Christ on a bicycle, what is this folly?

I like your words.

He'd have to pay for the child, why isn't she his property then?
Or is it just the negative aspects of a person another person must pay for in the eyes of the law?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:12 AM

I like your words.

He'd have to pay for the child, why isn't she his property then?
Or is it just the negative aspects of a person another person must pay for in the eyes of the law?

I don't want to down this road, all I will say is that men like this numpty who don't want children there is a simple solution: wear a condom.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 29 January 2014 - 05:16 AM.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:46 AM

I don't want to down this road, all I will say is that men like this numpty who don't want children there is a simple solution: wear a condom.

She poked a hole in all his condoms with a needle because she wanted a child.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:52 AM

I wonder how soon this thread will get locked. Any starting bets?

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

Holy Kaz Nollog. Brutal, but poignantly effective. Message recieved, The system needs work.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Ledo Jaeger

Ledo Jaeger

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • NNID:Aarony

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

The love of many has grown cold. This is a terrible story all-around

In other words, I love you

#16 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

DAnn remind me to tell all the women to never sleep with u.

When it comes down to abortion. It's supposed to be a joint decision. If he didn't want the kid it should have slept with her.

Also there are laws to where he wouldn't have to pay her.

But tricking her into taking the pill is pure wrong.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

When it comes down to abortion. It's supposed to be a joint decision. If he didn't want the kid it should have slept with her.

No need to bring racism into this.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

Racism? I don't see exile make assumptions about your race. And just out of mild curiosity, what's your take on Sharia Law?

#19 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

See, I don't know if Nollog is intentionally typing racism, or if he's using words blocked by the filter.

Damn you Nollog. Damn you and your humour.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#20 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

Except that technically "Pro abortion" people are actually "pro choice."

labeling them "pro abortion" is simply a poor ad hominem attack that distracts from the issue of unwanted pregnancies.

I purposely didn't say pro choice because I think it is quite literally the most ironic name for a group of people in the history of man kind (for real).

Also how is it ad hominem? Supposedly when you have an abortion you've done nothing wrong.

Actually from my understanding, a man can do absolutely nothing to stop a woman from aborting a baby. He could love it like it was already born and running around and she can go ahead and abort it. Maybe this guy thought this was a good way of showing some equality between genders (that was a half joke).

Also the sex was a joint decision as well so her being pregnant is just as much her fault as his.

Those laws might have failed and made him pay. Someone posted a story where a guy had to pay child a support for someone else's kids not long ago.

I agree tricking her into taking the pill is wrong, but I think for different reasons than you.

Edited by WydrA, 29 January 2014 - 05:23 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!