Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:26 AM

http://www.nintendo....014/140129e.pdf

Sold 5.86 Million units as of 31st of December 2013 - That's last year!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

The company now reports that it has shipped 5.86 million Wii U consoles and 29.37m units of disc-based Wii U software (including sales of digital copies and packed-in games).

Wii U titles Super Mario 3D World, Wii Party U and Zelda: The Wind Waker HD have all now passed the 1m sales mark.

For 3DS, the company has now shipped 42.74m hardware units. Software stands at 152.29m. Combined, Pokémon X and Y sold a whopping 11.6m copies - roughly equal with the series' last few DS instalments. Animal Crossing: New Leaf has sold 3.5m worldwide, while Zelda: A Link Between Worlds currently sits on 2.18m since late November.

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-29-nintendo-boss-iwata-halves-pay-miyamotos-wage-cut-too

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

nintendo-boss-iwata-halves-pay-miyamotos-wage-cut-too

At this rate Iwata will be working for free in no time :3

#4 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

I thought Animal Crossing New Leaf has sold around 6 million units thus far?

Also 5.86 million units isn't too bad for a console which hasn't been marketed all that much and only has one AAA game out which came out just under two months ago.

Hopefully Mario Kart will shift millions of units when it comes out in a few months time.

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

2 million more than it was few months ago. Keep up those ads and better advertise DK alot.

#6 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:13 AM

2 million more than it was few months ago. Keep up those ads and better advertise DK alot.

I'm unsure whether or not DKC:TF will convince gamers to jump on board. People accuse Sony and Microsoft consoles of being oversaturated with FPS, but the Wii U is oversaturated with platformers.

#7 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

I'm sure it will help some.  Donkey Kong sold 9 million on the 3ds.  I think that Mario Kart, Smash will move systems, then collectively the titles that are out will make the system more compelling.

I'm unsure whether or not DKC:TF will convince gamers to jump on board. People accuse Sony and Microsoft consoles of being oversaturated with FPS, but the Wii U is oversaturated with platformers.

#8 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

I'm sure it will help some.  Donkey Kong sold 9 million on the 3ds.  I think that Mario Kart, Smash will move systems, then collectively the titles that are out will make the system more compelling.

If you like platformers then I'd agree with you, where Nintendo could have really gotten some diversity is with games like Metroid, Fzero and Starfox, not with yet another platformer.

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

Nintendo is still doomed  right?

No sig.

#10 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

Nintendo is still doomed  right?

Nintendo won't be doomed as such but the Wii U might be if 2014 isn't a vast improvement upon 2013.

#11 Captain Marvelous

Captain Marvelous

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

I hope Nintendo can build a nice momentum to the rest of the year.

This year will be very important to the Nintendo. No fear making new ip, bring back big classic games like Metroid and StarFox, try new approaches to the 3thparty etc.

They need to reinvented themselves again.

"Did you know that we're traveling this galaxy because we have pride? We will always fight it it's to protect that pride. Even if it means being called a pirate. Even if... the whole galaxy were our enemy!" - Captain Marvelous

#12 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

They need to shake off this gimmicky, childish stuff and go back to making games for all ages, all backgrounds and all levels of gaming experience.

Bring back a console which is simple for third parties to develop for, which really helps Nintendo make the best of its games, try their hand at making new games with new characters, bring a wider variety of games to their console. 

I mean Miyamoto's comments regarding Fzero at E3 2013 showed just how out of touch Nintendo are with their gamers. "I'm not sure what we could do to make the series great again" I'm paraphrasing here, but come on Miyamoto, Fzero is already great, it doesn't need wholesale sweeping changes, just make an Fzero game like the one for the Gamecube and include some online/miiverse functionality. Metroid again doesn't need a massive overhaul and neither does Starfox.

Oh and get Sega to bring out another Crazy Taxi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!