Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

He said that the quantity of Wii U games isn't the problem! LOL.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gibbogame

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

dis-gon-b-gud.gif

pNgecl.gif

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

In my opinion, that is only part of the problem. I just don't think the Wii U as a device isn't very compelling in itself.

2lvmghw.png

#4 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

POPULAR

He's right it's not. It's their poor marketing.

Edited by Villager, 29 January 2014 - 07:12 PM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#5 chunter

chunter

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

nintendo just needs to keep finding new ways to use the gamepad....and keep expanding on the awesome ways they already use it (like zelda mode in nintendo land)...

there must have been a reason the head designer wanted a gamepad...now he must continue to shine and show us the great ways it can change gaming...

#6 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

Both

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

There's plenty of games, there's just not much in the way of good advertising.

If you think there's not enough games, look at the competitors.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

He's correct. It's the marketing. Nintendo needs to hire some people who know what current ads for games are. Have you guys seen the commercial for A Link Between Worlds? It felt like, style wise, it was made in the 90's

#9 Captain Marvelous

Captain Marvelous

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:10 AM

Its like 50/50

The future is more my problem.... The number of 3thparty games that will pass the wii u is too high, i mean there's like 15 games i want and not one will be release on the wii u

But im glad with first party of this year will be amazing.

Marketing is also a really big problem

"Did you know that we're traveling this galaxy because we have pride? We will always fight it it's to protect that pride. Even if it means being called a pirate. Even if... the whole galaxy were our enemy!" - Captain Marvelous

#10 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

Miyamoto is just out of touch, just look at his comments about Fzero at E3 2013 for further evidence.

#11 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:20 AM

Miyamoto is just out of touch, just look at his comments about Fzero at E3 2013 for further evidence.

Those quotes hurt my soul. They have no idea. I am so interested in seeing what his new IP is. Pikmin 3 was/is AMAZING but he needs to listen to his core fans. We want F-Zero, Starfox, if your teams wont make them then give Shin'en or someone else a chance. Platinum games have been on their knees asking to make a starfox game. As much as i love Nintendo some time their stubborn only think inside my box attitude just kills you.

#12 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:37 AM

Those quotes hurt my soul. They have no idea. I am so interested in seeing what his new IP is. Pikmin 3 was/is AMAZING but he needs to listen to his core fans. We want F-Zero, Starfox, if your teams wont make them then give Shin'en or someone else a chance. Platinum games have been on their knees asking to make a starfox game. As much as i love Nintendo some time their stubborn only think inside my box attitude just kills you.

I get that Nintendo want to make games that attract children, families, youngsters and that's fine, but they're ignoring the other people who play and enjoy Nintendo games.

Why can't Nintendo just strike a balance? Why not create a new Star Fox game? Why not create a new Fzero and a new Metroid to go alongside Wii Fit U, Wii U Party and Nintendo Land?

They've got all these fantastic IP's and they don't use them.

#13 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Don't expect to much...I'm actually let down on Fzero, StickerStar and Wiimusic..... And I think it will be another Wii music or wiifit for their new qol

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#14 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

Nintendo already has alot of good games.
And about advirtising, come here to the middle east and say wii u and the answer is usually "what is that?"

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

Typical Zinix thread

I get that Nintendo want to make games that attract children, families, youngsters and that's fine, but they're ignoring the other people who play and enjoy Nintendo games.

Why can't Nintendo just strike a balance? Why not create a new Star Fox game? Why not create a new Fzero and a new Metroid to go alongside Wii Fit U, Wii U Party and Nintendo Land?

They've got all these fantastic IP's and they don't use them.

Is Mario Kart, SSB4, and Zelda IPS?

Signature_DK.png

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

He's correct. It's the marketing. Nintendo needs to hire some people who know what current ads for games are. Have you guys seen the commercial for A Link Between Worlds? It felt like, style wise, it was made in the 90's

That is what made that ad great. Wii U ads are the ones that need help

#17 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

Pikmin, Legocity undercover, Zombie U, Super Mario 3d World, W101 are all excellent games. Rayman makes great use of the gamepad. Even NintendoLand has its virtues. I think the quality for the games is there- they just haven't released enough of them fast enough to make the system compelling.  DKTF, Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Bayonetta all look top notch.

#18 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:56 AM

Typical Zinix thread

Is Mario Kart, SSB4, and Zelda IPS?

These IP's while fantastic are pretty much always guaranteed to come out on every Nintendo console, we've heard nothing about an Fzero game, a Metroid and a Star fox  game being in the works.

I hope there is and Nintendo are just being secretive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!