Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

If you purchased a Wii U season pass for DLC related to Batman: Arkham Origins, you might want to check your eShop account. You might have $20 credit waiting for you, as explained by Nintendo below.

Thanks so much for your support of Batman: Arkham Origins on Wii U.

We are contacting you today because you purchased the Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass for Wii U. We hope you’ve been enjoying the content that has been delivered thus far. Based on demand for Downloadable Content on the system, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has made the decision to remove its offering of the upcoming new story campaign for Wii U. As a result, we will be crediting the entire $19.99+tax cost of the Season Pass back to your Nintendo eShop account. You will still be able to enjoy the content already released thus far.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your support of the game.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.

http://www.gonintend...story&id=221453

Are you horsing kidding me? This isn't fair. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:02 AM

WB EXEC: "I just don't get it, why don't consumers trust our products on Nintendo platforms?"

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:35 AM

Not fair at all. The current DLC is crap but I would have bought this one because it looks pretty good.

#4 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

I like the way a lot of Anti-Nintendo gamers are using this as a stick to beat over Iwata's head.

Now granted I think Iwata has made some bad mistakes over the last two-and-a-half to three years, the fact that Warner Bros like Ubisoft with Splinter Cell and EA before them with FIFA 13 thought that they could release inferior games which have missing features and they would sell like hot cakes says everything to me about how just disrespectful these developers are to Nintendo's consumer base.

Funny how people say that third party games don't sell on Nintendo systems yet Lego City Undercover has sold around 700,000 copies and that's excluding digital downloads from the Nintendo eShop.

I may well have bought Arkham Origins and Splinter Cell Blacklist had they not been 'gimped' ports.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 31 January 2014 - 10:19 AM.

#5 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

I like the way a lot of Anti-Nintendo gamers are using this as a stick to beat over Iwata's head.

Now granted I think Iwata has made some bad mistakes over the last two-and-a-half to three years, the fact that Warner Bros like Ubisoft with Splinter Cell and EA before them with FIFA 13 thought that they could release inferior games which have missing features and they would sell like hot cakes says everything to me about how just disrespectful these developers are to Nintendo's consumer base.

Funny how people say that third party games don't sell on Nintendo systems yet Lego City Undercover has sold around 700,000 copies and that's excluding digital downloads from the Nintendo eShop.

I may well have bought Arkham Origins and Splinter Cell Blacklist had they not been 'gimped' ports.

What was gimped with arkham origins?

#6 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

What was gimped with arkham origins?

No multiplayer mode.

Just like Splinter Cell doesn't have co-op mode and FIFA 13 didn't have UT.

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

No multiplayer mode.

Just like Splinter Cell doesn't have co-op mode and FIFA 13 didn't have UT.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. 

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

Not fair at all. The current DLC is crap but I would have bought this one because it looks pretty good.

IKR
"This rainbowty character skin unicorn tongue DLC isn't selling *stupid face* That MUST MEAN they don't want Story DLC!"

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

This is why I don't buy 3RD party games on my Wii U unless they are exclusive. The devs tend to get lazy.

Signature_DK.png

#10 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

If they went all the way and released the whole game on the Wii U why not just finish the job? Sucks for Wii U owners who bought this game, hopefully other multi-platform games don't stiff their Wii U versions.

#11 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:18 AM

If they went all the way and released the whole game on the Wii U why not just finish the job? Sucks for Wii U owners who bought this game, hopefully other multi-platform games don't stiff their Wii U versions.

Sadly this kind of mediocre third party support will be common place on the Wii U.

#12 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

What's even worse is if/when the Wii U starts selling really well, then they'll totally pretend like nothing ever happened and suddenly bring back their crappy ports and DLC to the system just to make money.

Edited by WydrA, 01 February 2014 - 02:44 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

This is why I don't buy 3RD party games on my Wii U unless they are exclusive. The devs tend to get lazy.

And this is why you're part of the problem. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

This is one problem I don't mind being a part of.
Wii WB, they can rainbow on your face zinix and hunter if you want to fork over all your money for rainbowty rainbow.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:47 AM

Wii WB, they can carp on your face zinix and hunter if you want to fork over all your money for rainbowty carp.

lol soz

I'm not saying I will buy rainbowty ports even if im getting ripped off. I just agree with zinix that Nintendo fans who dont buy third party games "because devs tend to get lazy" are one of the reasons why 3rd party support is poor.

Ubisoft arent lazy, they made a pretty good port of AC4 for wii u and still nobody buys it. Probably didnt even sell 100k. 

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:16 AM

lol soz

I'm not saying I will buy rainbowty ports even if im getting ripped off. I just agree with zinix that Nintendo fans who dont buy third party games "because devs tend to get lazy" are one of the reasons why 3rd party support is poor.

Ubisoft arent lazy, they made a pretty good port of AC4 for wii u and still nobody buys it. Probably didnt even sell 100k.

ass creed is boring, and also 4 isn't 1. I find it hard to come in in the middle of a series, even if they're unrelated.

ubisoft did okay with blacklist, but still rainbowty loading times and rainbowty no local co-op.
What other third party put in any kind of effort on Wii U or any Nintendo console in recent memory without financial investment from Nintendo?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

It's a vicious cycle. Devs make inferior ports (ME3, Fifa, Madden, Splinter Cell, Arkham Origins), consumers don't buy those ports for that reason, devs pull support. I don't blame people not buying 3rd party games on Wii U. Heck, the third party games I have right now might just be the last ones I get with a few exceptions.

Edited by Cranky Kong, 02 February 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#18 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

ass creed is boring

Apart from 4, yes they are pretty boring. But messing around the seas as a pirate is fun. You really dont need any knowledge of the previous games whatsoever for this one.

Thanks to all the nintendo fanboys who never buy anything but mario we probably wont get the pirate spinoff game which makes me sad.

#19 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

It's a vicious cycle. Devs make inferior ports (ME3, Fifa, Madden, Splinter Cell, Arkham Origins), consumers don't buy those ports for that reason, devs pull support. I don't blame people not buying 3rd party games on Wii U. Heck, the third party games I have right now might just 

Wii WB, they can carp on your face zinix and hunter if you want to fork over all your money for rainbowty carp.

be the last ones I get with a few exceptions.

Why are we exactly here tho? Because even when we had GOOD 3rd party ports, you didn't buy them. 

#20 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

I own more third party games on the Wii U then I do first party games, so I'm doing my bit. But honestly I'd rather these developers just didn't release games on the Wii U if they are going to release gimped ports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!