Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

lol soz

I'm not saying I will buy rainbowty ports even if im getting ripped off. I just agree with zinix that Nintendo fans who dont buy third party games "because devs tend to get lazy" are one of the reasons why 3rd party support is poor.

Ubisoft arent lazy, they made a pretty good port of AC4 for wii u and still nobody buys it. Probably didnt even sell 100k. 

I don't really think that's true. The reason we got crappy ports and support pulled in the first place is because the publishers and devs have a lack of respect for Nintendo and us, their fanbase. If we bought the games they would either

1. Continue to make the games crappier and crappier. "Nintendo fans don't even notice the quality decreases."

2. Find some other reason why they shouldn't bring the games to the console.

Edited by WydrA, 02 February 2014 - 01:10 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#22 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

I don't really think that's true. The reason we got crappy ports and support pulled in the first place is because the publishers and devs have a lack of respect for Nintendo and us, their fanbase. If we bought the games they would either

1. Continue to make the games crappier and crappier. "Nintendo fans don't even notice the quality decreases."

2. Find some other reason why they shouldn't bring the games to the console.

You're acting as if they have some sort of personal vendetta against nintendo which just isn't true. At the end of the day all these publishers/devs want to make money and if putting games on nintendo platforms made them money then they would.

#23 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

You're acting as if they have some sort of personal vendetta against nintendo which just isn't true. At the end of the day all these publishers/devs want to make money and if putting games on nintendo platforms made them money then they would.

If only that were true...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#24 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

What? The part about making money?

I'm pretty sure if I spent 9 months working on a game to be sold to the masses, I'd expect some dough.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#25 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:30 AM

If only that were true...

Well it is true, most Nintendo gamers will only buy Nintendo first party games and it's their purchasing decisions which has increased the isolation of Nintendo from third party developers and publishers.

Just today Monolith studios who are making Shadow of Mordor is coming to the PS4, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3 and not the Wii U. Why? Because the developer and publisher clearly feel that the game just won't sell on the Wii U and you know what? They're right, it won't. They'd be lucky to get more than 200,000 sales of the game (if that).

Just look at the abysmal sales of great games on the Wii U like Rayman Legends and The Wonderful 101 for further evidence. Hell Sonic can't even get a lucky break on the Wii U with either a racing game or a platformer. If Sonic hasn't made much of impact I doubt Lord of the Rings will.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 03 February 2014 - 06:30 AM.

#26 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

I own more third party games on the Wii U then I do first party games, so I'm doing my bit. But honestly I'd rather these developers just didn't release games on the Wii U if they are going to release gimped ports.

Ah, gimped ports. Much like the games ported to Xbone.

#27 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

Ah, gimped ports. Much like the games ported to Xbone.

I wouldn't know I don't invest in low end PC's like the PS4 and Xbox One.

I've got enough money to buy a top of the range gaming PC.

60 fps? Nah I'd rather have 120fps thanks.

#28 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

Why are we exactly here tho? Because even when we had GOOD 3rd party ports, you didn't buy them.

LOL
Name one.

And before you name cult hits like Mad World, etc. I suggest you start with something that could be a commercial success in any way what so ever, rather than these cult games.

Well it is true, most Nintendo gamers will only buy Nintendo first party games and it's their purchasing decisions which has increased the isolation of Nintendo from third party developers and publishers.

Just today Monolith studios who are making Shadow of Mordor is coming to the PS4, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3 and not the Wii U. Why? Because the developer and publisher clearly feel that the game just won't sell on the Wii U and you know what? They're right, it won't. They'd be lucky to get more than 200,000 sales of the game (if that).

Just look at the abysmal sales of great games on the Wii U like Rayman Legends and The Wonderful 101 for further evidence. Hell Sonic can't even get a lucky break on the Wii U with either a racing game or a platformer. If Sonic hasn't made much of impact I doubt Lord of the Rings will.

Why buy a pile of piss that will be a buggy rainbow hole with no DLC, no support, and no patches and no advertisment for the platform when you can wait for X?
xbox players accept rainbow in their faces, 30fps versions of p4 games. Nintendo players will not.

BTW, 200,000 is a good number when there's only 6 million possible customers.
Consider how much you invest and what your return HAS to be to recoup that investment, and lower your investment in-line.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#29 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

LOL
Name one.

And before you name cult hits like Mad World, etc. I suggest you start with something that could be a commercial success in any way what so ever, rather than these cult games.

Why buy a pile of piss that will be a buggy carp hole with no DLC, no support, and no patches and no advertisment for the platform when you can wait for X?
xbox players accept carp in their faces, 30fps versions of p4 games. Nintendo players will not.

BTW, 200,000 is a good number when there's only 6 million possible customers.
Consider how much you invest and what your return HAS to be to recoup that investment, and lower your investment in-line.

No More Heroes 

Sold well and, the sequel did too. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#30 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

No More Heroes 

Sold well and, the sequel did too.

http://ie.ign.com/ga...adise/ps3-45740
Sold like carp on PS3.
http://www.vgchartz....eroes-paradise/
Yet it sold well on Wii you say?
Could it be that it's a niche pile of piss?
I distinctly remember telling you to give an example of a game with a tiny ray of hope to be a decent money-making "success" in some way.

Also, wtf ur suppoz 2 b proofin dat wii u 3rd party is good, but doesn't sell.
not d udder way rund!

Edited by Nollog, 03 February 2014 - 08:17 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#31 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

http://ie.ign.com/ga...adise/ps3-45740
Sold like carp on PS3.
Yet it sold well on Wii you say?
Could it be that it's a niche pile of piss?
I distinctly remember telling you to give an example of a game with a tiny ray of hope to be a decent money-making "success" in some way.

Also, wtf ur suppoz 2 b proofin dat wii u 3rd party is good, but doesn't sell.
not d udder way rund!

vgchartzzzzzzz

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

vgchartzzzzzzz

The game sold so rainbow, only vgchartz has numbers.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

yeah it wont sell. I mean i am not mad anymore. I dont feel this is justified (the DLC) but a publisher not bringing their game to WiiU makes business sense. Unless its a racer or sports game I could care less anyway.

#34 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

agree that some games that should have done well didn't and that's obviously going to be frustrating for publishers and devs, and if those devs/publishers pulled support that would be understandable. But these aren't the people I'm talking about EA and WB games, where they consistently treat us like we're idiots, talk crap about us (and nintendo) and then try to whine about sales likes that's actually the reason they were being dicks.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#35 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:36 AM

But these aren't the people I'm talking about EA and WB games, where they consistently treat us like we're idiots, talk crap about us (and nintendo) and then try to whine about sales likes that's actually the reason they were being dicks.

lol

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#36 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

agree that some games that should have done well didn't and that's obviously going to be frustrating for publishers and devs, and if those devs/publishers pulled support that would be understandable. But these aren't the people I'm talking about EA and WB games, where they consistently treat us like we're idiots, talk crap about us (and nintendo) and then try to whine about sales likes that's actually the reason they were being dicks.

WB aren't too bad.
They at least try (in the US) (on the 3DS) with Nintendo hardware, they do publish scribblenauts after all.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#37 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:07 AM

The only EA game that deserved to sell well was Need for Speed Most Wanted U because the Wii U version was the best version of the game, but yes I agree with you, if developers and publishers will gimp games then they don't deserve sales it's as simple as that.

Nintendo gamers keep talking about Bayonetta 2 and X, but just how many Nintendo gamers will buy those games? I reckon these games will be lucky to see a million sales each.

The truth is that Nintendo gamers don't deserve great third party support because as a whole third party games just don't fair well enough on the Wii U with the odd exception here and there.

All this is doing is hurting Nintendo in the long-run because a lack of third party support puts more pressure on Nintendo to get as many games as possible churned out.

yeah it wont sell. I mean i am not mad anymore. I dont feel this is justified (the DLC) but a publisher not bringing their game to WiiU makes business sense. Unless its a racer or sports game I could care less anyway.

I'm annoyed because this is really hurting Nintendo. It's bad enough that Nintendo never really makes an olive branch with Western third party developers and publishers and it's bad enough that they design their hardware with just their games in mind, but many developers and publishers would look past that if they could make money from releasing games on Nintendo systems.

#38 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:51 AM

Nintendo gamers keep talking about Bayonetta 2 and X, but just how many Nintendo gamers will buy those games? I reckon these games will be lucky to see a million sales each.

1 in 6 is a good attach rate for any game.

odd exception

Games that try something different do better on Nintendo.
w101 wouldn't have broken 50,000 on any other console.
Just like NMH, when they try to bring the franchise over to a HARDCORE GROWEDUP UR MOM console, they'll fail even worse than on Nintendo's consoles for babies.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#39 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:46 AM

The fact is if I released a game like the Wonderful 101 and in six months it has sold around 150,000 copies out of an install base of 6million+ plus I'd be pretty disappointed. I highly doubt that PG will ever make an overall profit from the Wonderful 101.

Yet a 2D Mario platformer in HD which appears no different from the other four that have been released since 2006 has sold around 3.6million copies. It just goes to show that Nintendo consoles are not worth a third party developers time or efforts.

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:25 AM

The fact is if I released a game like the Wonderful 101 and in six months it has sold around 150,000 copies out of an install base of 6million+ plus I'd be pretty disappointed. I highly doubt that PG will ever make an overall profit from the Wonderful 101.

Yet a 2D Mario platformer in HD which appears no different from the other four that have been released since 2006 has sold around 3.6million copies. It just goes to show that Nintendo consoles are not worth a third party developers time or efforts.

don't be a nice person about mario just because it's a 2d platformer that uses a beautiful graphical style.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!