GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:00 AM

Well I've noticed that third support has been decreasing rapidly since the N64 with the Wii U being by far worst Nintendo platform for third party support, it's non-existent.

Given the sales of Ubisoft's games on the Wii U, I'd be surprised if we get anything other than shovelware and Just Dance games from them after Watch dogs. The same applies with Activision, we'll probably get shovelware from them and Call of Duty games.

Nintendo must know something is horribly wrong with the Wii U when EA won't release their games on your console. This is a company that still releases FIFA games on the PS2.

Without third party support the Wii U just won't sell, there will be gamers who will buy the Wii U when X, Mario Kart, Zelda and Smash Bros comes out, but I don't think those people will have a massive impact on the install base.

If I knew third party support was going to be this bad with the Wii U, I would have skipped the Wii U entirely, I really feel duped by their E3 direct. I've been suckered into parting with £309.99 for a console which for the past two weeks hasn't been switched on once. Meanwhile Xbox and PS fans are enjoying some first party and some third party games.

I disagree on the selling point. I do believe Nintendo's SILENCE and non-exsistent marketing play a BIG role in how sales have gone for Wii U. Wii though it was a phenomenon it didnt have great "CORE" third party support and sold well. I think Wii will go down as one of the most underrated consoles of all time. I am interested to see how January sales are for Wii U. I will hope it can consistently sell upward or close to 100 thousand each month heading into the sumer that would be VERY good i am talking about in NA. MK8 is going to increase sales I have said it from the launch that 2014 was going to be the YEAR to own a Wii U. I just need nintendo to stop being so silent and start marketing these damn games and give us some hype. I feel no excitment for this console and upcoming games. Nintendo SUCKS at hyping and getting their gamers excited.

#62 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:47 AM

The Wii was good because it had a low price point and it actually had quite a few great games. The Wii U is expensive for what it is, even with a price cut and what's worse there are no real must have games on the Wii U at the moment, I suppose Super Mario 3D World counts as one and as much as I like the game, it's nowhere near as good as Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I hope I'm wrong and the Wii U becomes a successful product, but unless the casual gamers who bought the Wii jump back on board and buy the Wii U, I think the console will go down as an abject failure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!