Photo

An online multiplayer Zelda could work...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

The re-release of Four Swords for DSi made me realize that Zelda could translate well to an online multiplayer.
So Imagine this:
Art style is very similar to Wind Waker
Gameplay borows heavily from the other two Four Swords multiplayer games
Would be a 3D Zelda, maybe with the ability to switch to top-down perspective for moments where it is required.
TV is the overworld, gamepad is the map and items
Players can split up, with a teleport system for when teamwork is required
Players can either use the default dungeons, randomly generated dungeons, or player-customized dungeons
1-4 or ideally 1-8 players
different modes are available (teamwork, free for all, team vs team)

Thoughts? I honestly believe Four Swords Online would be an awesome game.

Edited by grahamf, 01 February 2014 - 11:45 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:43 PM

Just give everyone a crossbow and make it an FPS.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

Just give everyone a crossbow and make it an FPS.

What would be the fun it that? Might as well use Kid Icarus

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:17 AM

I don't want an online multiplayer zelda. It would be ok as a spin off game but with the main series I just want to be immersed in the game by myself. I see no point in tacking on an unnecessary multiplayer mode to the game. 

#5 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

It would be cool, but something inside tells me that a Zelda game SHOULD stay single Player oriented. But That's just me. The Shadow Link street pass thing was fun in A Link Between Worlds and I also enjoyed the Letter in A Bottle feature from Windwaker. I would like for them to keep it that way

#6 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:54 AM

Nope, main zelda games should stay single player, I wouldn't mind your idea a bit more simplified and as an eshop only game but not as a main zelda title.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#7 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

Zelda hack n slash maybe. Sort of Ryse but with a gameplay aspect?
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:11 AM

Yeah a $60 game with a 30-50 hour campaign might be too much, but a 5-10 hour $10 eShop title might be very popular. it would have to be based off of ALBW or Zelda U in order to not cost too much to make.

Edited by grahamf, 02 February 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#9 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

MMO Zelda !!!! !

#10 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

I say make something like this an extra mode. Zelda has done online multiplayer before with the DS games, zo they could make this alongside the main campaign.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#11 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

A Zelda MMO for Wii U! Like ESO!

#12 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

sounds interesting... probably wouldn't go over too well imo

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

Well I think this would work just fine. Four Swords. Or heck even an expanded version of the Nintendo land game. On rails or Four Swords would work just fine. It would have to be an Eshop game and not a retail game unless they packed it on the disc of a major Zelda game as an unlock able.

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

I think you are making the same gross mistake nintendo is making. That its the theme/characters that made zelda popular. And whoring out the themes/characters will garuntee sales.

Zelda became what it is today because it was a fantastic single player adventure game of impeccable hand crafted design. When people see Zelda, that is what they want.

You may trick people into buying by putting the zelda name and aesthetics on things that are not zelda, but all you are doing is weakening the steel you forged with that name.

Zelda is already an incredibly fractured franchise. You have people who say only top down 2d style games are zelda, you have people who say only oot style are real zelda's, you have people say only dungeon centric Zelda's are real zelda's, you have people who feel large overworlds with multiple towns to explore (Im in this camp) are what makes Zelda, Zelda. Zelda has already encompassed so much over the years its impractical for any single game to contain it all. Its gotten to the point that any given Zelda game will likely only sell to a fraction of the people who consider themselves 'Zelda fans', heralding it as the 'greatest Zelda ever' while it will be snubbed by the ones not catered to by the specific title, who will claim its the 'worse Zelda ever'.

Proposing to further divide the user base yet again would not help the situation.

A multiplayer adventure game of Nintendo quality sounds like a fantastic idea. Heck yeah, have four freinds get together, go online, explore a masssive world, full of strange wondrous scenery, giant dinosauric enemies, hop in a giant robot, and fly away to the beckon of wild adventure. It doesnt need to be hid under Zelda's skirt, nor would it be helped by it, it would probably just be distracted (HA HA!!!). It could, and should, be its own IP, with the marketing push required to cut through the noise and get it noticed. Instead of being a forgotten little zelda side project some loved and the rest hated, it could become its OWN Zelda. Nintendos next stable franchise.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 SirSlifer

SirSlifer

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • NNID:SirSlifer

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

Zelda as an MMO wouldn't go over very well with many of the fans of the series unless it was a 3DS or handheld title otherwise. If Zelda did become an MMO it'd probably turn into something like Fable. :P
cloud.jpg

#16 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

i cant see this working unless its a fps or time type thing.

4 people go in and first out wins type thing.

Zelda to me has always been a single player game. Just makes more sense that way.

i did the four swords thing and its a lil weird. your relaying on that person to finish the game and i becomes less like zelda and more like streets of rage or MMO games and it just doesnt seem to fit the mold lol.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#17 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

better off with a new IP for a MMO.