Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

I just dont see the problem with the current cases

I have OCD so things like dings in the case and the artwork really bother me. I bought a Wii game the other day and found a dent in the artwork because there was a hole in the case shaped like a recycle symbol in it.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#64 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

Ah, interesting. This makes Microsoft the only one of the big three to still use DVD sized storage for their games. That could hurt them in the long run if they don't release Xbox 720 soon.

I think I heard some time ago that Microsoft had a deal with all of their third-party publishers that they were not allowed to take advantage of the PS3's larger discs if it meant that the PS3 version would have more content than the Xbox 360 version of their games. So... Microsoft might be hurting the developers more than themselves.

#65 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

I think I heard some time ago that Microsoft had a deal with all of their third-party publishers that they were not allowed to take advantage of the PS3's larger discs if it meant that the PS3 version would have more content than the Xbox 360 version of their games. So... Microsoft might be hurting the developers more than themselves.

it's true, thats what infuriates me cause 3rd party games are held back to fit xbox needs. games would be bigger if the xbox limitations weren't an issue

1367065580450s.jpg

#66 Tux

Tux

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

How about both?

Nope, one or the other. Choose now!

#67 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:39 AM

Nope, one or the other. Choose now!

Obviously if it came down to it it would be quality games, but it can be both. It use to be both, now it's quality games and mediocre cases.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#68 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:36 PM

HOW ABOUT THE GOD BOX OF THE WII U?!! ZOMG!!!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#69 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

That's probably true in some way, and definitely was at the start of this gen when the PS3 was failing and everyone wanted a 360. Now though, the PS3 has a much larger market share and there are several recent games that came on a single PS3 bluray but had to be spread across multiple 360 DVDs. I read something that Rockstar had some problems with GTA4 as they couldn't fit everything they wanted to on the 360's measly DVD size, so some content needed to be cut. I really hope they don't run into that problem again with GTA5.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!