• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#21 Captain Marvelous

Captain Marvelous

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

I really hope this is not will be like the Colonial marines fiasco, there's no reason for only the Wii u version will be delayed...if so then is another 3thparty jumping off the wii u ship

"Did you know that we're traveling this galaxy because we have pride? We will always fight it it's to protect that pride. Even if it means being called a pirate. Even if... the whole galaxy were our enemy!" - Captain Marvelous

#22 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

Though this is disappointing, i dont care that much because I'll be getting this on the pc, i got the wii u for first parties, not third parties (ya i know, poeple like me help support bad sales for their games on wii u)

Yes you do and people like you are the reason Nintendo has virtually no third party support, that said it is your prerogative to buy whatever game(s) you want on whatever system(s) you want.

#23 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

I thought you did that 2 years ago.

You think we're getting a better game.
We're getting a game they can claim as a separate SKU to delay DLC until the desire for it is exactly 0.
They want excuses not to invest in the platform.

I'm not saying we'll get a better game than the other platforms, I'm saying the version we get will be better with the delay than it would be without.

I couldn't care less about DLC (other than batman, grrr).

I dunno about excuses not to invest in the platform, haven't people been giving them reasons already? If anything, this shows Ubisoft is still willing to put a game out on the Wii U, even if it means a delay - which is more than we can say with many other publishers.

Bring the noise.

#24 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

Ubisoft don't deserve support though.

1. Shafted Wii U gamers with Rayman Legends.

2. Gimped Splinter Cell Blacklist.

3. Delaying Watch Dogs on the Wii U.

#25 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

For me, this is Rayman legends all over again, a game i for sure would have bought day 1, and now to this very day still don't own.

Been wanting Watch Dogs since the debute E3 trailer....now It's possible it will be on the back burner of games i get far after the release date.

The idea was to have watch dogs inbetween the big nintendo titles of mario kart and smash bros. once those games drop, i seriously wont be playing much else, and i for sure am not buying any $60 games. So this means by the time i decide to get watch dogs, it very well may be a $40 possibly even $20 game, and No i will not be purchasing for ps3, nor will i dish out $400 to get it on ps4.

but that's on ubisoft, 1 less potential buyer in me,

Edited by umegames, 10 February 2014 - 12:37 PM.

#26 Captain Marvelous

Captain Marvelous

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

For me, this is Rayman legends all over again, a game i for sure would have bought day 1, and now to this very day still don't own.

Been wanting Watch Dogs since the debute E3 trailer....now It's possible it will be on the back burner of games i get far after the release date.

Yeah just like me.

I made a pre order of wii u version, the Vigilante Edition, but i want the game day one, so maybe i end up buying the ps3 version or worse, dont buy the game at all....

I guess Ubisoft is just waiting to see if WD is a sucess before the game comes out on wii u

But the 3thparty suport is pretty dead on wii u  anyways

"Did you know that we're traveling this galaxy because we have pride? We will always fight it it's to protect that pride. Even if it means being called a pirate. Even if... the whole galaxy were our enemy!" - Captain Marvelous

#27 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

The idea was to have watch dogs inbetween the big nintendo titles of mario kart and smash bros. once those games drop, i seriously wont be playing much else, and i for sure am not buying any $60 games. So this means by the time i decide to get watch dogs, it very well may be a $40 possibly even $20 game, and No i will not be purchasing for ps3, nor will i dish out $400 to get it on ps4.
 but that's on ubisoft, 1 less potential buyer in me,

LOGIC:
Delay exclusive to port to other consoles.
Delay multiplat on only one console.

Why not use Rayman Logic, Ubisoft?
Delay all versions of the game so you can launch the Wii U version alongside the others.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#28 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:15 PM

Why would I buy the Wii U version now if its delayed and the other verisons will be available?

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#29 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

People not buying games because of annoyance that games don't come out, get delayed etc... are missing the point. If you stop buying their games, they will stop making their games for the console you own. You need to show support by purchasing their games, all you do when refusing to buy a game based on the company that made it is proving their point.

People are not missing the point and your approach to this is not how I as a consumer look at things.  Missing a launch date is one thing, but perpetually missing dates indicates lack of true support.  I'm a consumer, not a sheep.  Take what you can get is not something I do.

#30 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

Visuals and performance somewhere between last gen and PS4 could be a really good port. You never know, the Wii U version could be the best with gamepad support as standard.

If companies don't support a console I like then why should I support Ubisoft or EA, that's why I'm going out my way to avoid them from now on.

#31 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

People are not missing the point and your approach to this is not how I as a consumer look at things.  Missing a launch date is one thing, but perpetually missing dates indicates lack of true support.  I'm a consumer, not a sheep.  Take what you can get is not something I do.

No, what I'm saying is that people decide not to buy the game if it's delayed, will prove the point that nobody wants the games on the system. Then people complain that the games aren't coming while it is them not buying them in the first place. The fact that it's got delayed shouldn't make you stop buying it, it just means you have to wait a little longer.

Bring the noise.

#32 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

Fugazy, fugasi, it’s a wazi it’s a woozy, it’s(Watch Dogs) fairy dust.

#33 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:58 AM

All this will do is force gamers who have a Wii U to get the game on their PS3/4 or 360/One consoles meaning that the Wii U will achieve below expected sales.

I totally agree with that, sadly. :'(

Then Ubisoft will drop all support for Wii U saying "no one bought our rainbowty/late ports".

Seriously, there is no reason why the Wii U version should be delayed over others.

Well, that's not true. They started the other versions before the Wii U. It wasn't until February 2013 that Wii U version was started. And I don't think this is a straight port. The controller on Wii U is perfect for this game.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#34 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:30 AM

Well, it wasn't going to sell well either way.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#35 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:54 AM

Well, it wasn't going to sell well either way.

That may well be the case, but they've lost one customer with me because I'm not going to buy it. If this was a one-off with Ubisoft I wouldn't mind, but this is third time they are essentially messing about with Wii U gamers. 

The decision to delay Rayman Legends was out of order, the decision to gimp Blacklist and then sell it at the same price as the other platforms which weren't gimped was also out of line and now they're delaying the Wii U version of the game and have given us Wii U gamers no indication as to why they've delayed it. 

If Ubisoft aren't going to support the Wii U anymore, then at least be honest about it. I can understand their reasoning for not continuing to support the Wii U platform with games as they are not meeting the sales expectations, but I can have no sympathy for a corporation who behaves like a child and that's the impression Ubisoft are giving me at the moment. 

#36 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:06 AM

I totally agree with that, sadly. :'(

Well, that's not true. They started the other versions before the Wii U. It wasn't until February 2013 that Wii U version was started. And I don't think this is a straight port. The controller on Wii U is perfect for this game.

How much time was there between when they began Rayman on the Wii U and Rayman on the 360/PS3? They sure had no problems pushing that game back trying to be 'fair to everyone'. 

Can't wait to read how the Wii U version sold the least units and how that's all Nintendo and the gamers' fault. Not Ubisoft, oh no. 

pNgecl.gif

#37 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:52 AM

How much time was there between when they began Rayman on the Wii U and Rayman on the 360/PS3? They sure had no problems pushing that game back trying to be 'fair to everyone'.

Can't wait to read how the Wii U version sold the least units and how that's all Nintendo and the gamers' fault. Not Ubisoft, oh no.

But the PS3/Xbx are familiar hardware, whereas the Wii U has new style of CPU/GPU combo. Plus, they didnt really add features to those games. Here, the graphics are said to be improved over the last Gen and if they don't use the game pad I'll kill ubisoft.

But, if Ubisoft isn't adding features, then there shouldn't be a reason for this delay.

Yes you do and people like you are the reason Nintendo has virtually no third party support, that said it is your prerogative to buy whatever game(s) you want on whatever system(s) you want.

He's the majority of Nintendo gamers.

LOGIC:
Delay exclusive to port to other consoles.
Delay multiplat on only one console.

Why not use Rayman Logic, Ubisoft?
Delay all versions of the game so you can launch the Wii U version alongside the others.

They probably can't afford that. Watch Dogs is suppose to be their big next generation game and delaying all of them for one console, especially one you probably don't expect big sales for anyway, isn't good business sadly.

#38 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

Fed up with this, was going to get the WiiU version for the pad options.

PS4 version it is then.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#39 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:57 AM

But the PS3/Xbx are familiar hardware, whereas the Wii U has new style of CPU/GPU combo. Plus, they didnt really add features to those games. Here, the graphics are said to be improved over the last Gen and if they don't use the game pad I'll kill ubisoft.

But, if Ubisoft isn't adding features, then there shouldn't be a reason for this delay.

He's the majority of Nintendo gamers.

Excuses. When did it become okay to not release multiplats equally? Or a better question, how much hell would be raised if it was the PS4 or Xbone version that was being delayed?

Don't get me wrong, I don't give two craps about this game and had no intention of buying it in the first place. I'm just calling BS in advance for when Ubisoft uses this as an excuse for why they give the finger to Wii U owners. I'm sick of seeing Nintendo and us getting the blame for third party sales when they don't support the platforms. They want to see support for their games and their franchises on this system? Well how about they show a little effort on their end and stop trying to screw over Nintendo fans at every junction.

pNgecl.gif

#40 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

Excuses. When did it become okay to not release multiplats equally? Or a better question, how much hell would be raised if it was the PS4 or Xbone version that was being delayed?

Don't get me wrong, I don't give two craps about this game and had no intention of buying it in the first place. I'm just calling BS in advance for when Ubisoft uses this as an excuse for why they give the finger to Wii U owners. I'm sick of seeing Nintendo and us getting the blame for third party sales when they don't support the platforms. They want to see support for their games and their franchises on this system? Well how about they show a little effort on their end and stop trying to screw over Nintendo fans at every junction.

I won't call it BS until that time happens. But, if the PS4 or Xbox One needed more time, they might delay all of them. Those are platforms they expect the game to do well on. So undercutting those sales wouldn't be a good business choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!