86 replies to this topic

#41 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

I won't call it BS until that time happens. But, if the PS4 or Xbox One needed more time, they might delay all of them. Those are platforms they expect the game to do well on. So undercutting those sales wouldn't be a good business choice.

They expect the game to do well on those platforms because they're not treating those platforms and those platform owners like crap. They could expect the game to do well on all three if they'd treat all three equally. Whether or not people like to admit it, the Wii U still has a higher install base among the three, therefore it has the highest chance to bring in the most sales. Except when they do crap like this. 

pNgecl.gif

#42 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

They expect the game to do well on those platforms because they're not treating those platforms and those platform owners like crap. They could expect the game to do well on all three if they'd treat all three equally. Whether or not people like to admit it, the Wii U still has a higher install base among the three, therefore it has the highest chance to bring in the most sales. Except when they do crap like this.

Yes, higher install base, but historically speaking, Nintendo gamers don't buy third party games. I mean, ZombiU, a great game that uses the Game Pad better than any game, STILL hasn't broke a million units. See the problem? I'm not defending Ubisoft if they end up giving I'd a gimped version of Watch Dogs, but if they end up giving us a better version with full game pad support, better graphics then last Gen, I'd be happy.

But, I understand the disappointment.

Edited by MorbidGod, 11 February 2014 - 08:37 AM.

Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#43 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

Why would a delay make you cancel pre-orders? People deciding that they will not buy a game because of a delay or because of "ethical" reasons are feeding the company's distrust. If you don't buy their games, they won't make more. The smartest move is to show support, I mean, a delay is a delay, if it means we get a better game as a result do a few months really matter?

This is why I still plan on buying the game for my Wii U, also because it looks interesting.

BECAUSEOHMYGODITSANEWGAMEANDIMUSTHAVEITCRACKCRACKGIVEITTOMENOWWHATELSECOULDIPOSSIBLYDOWITHMYTIMEEXPLOSIONGUNSBOOBS

Edited by kokirii, 11 February 2014 - 08:51 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#44 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

Yes, higher install base, but historically speaking, Nintendo gamers don't buy third party games. I mean, ZombiU, a great game that uses the Game Pad better than any game, STILL hasn't broke a million units. See the problem? I'm not defending Ubisoft if they end up giving I'd a gimped version of Watch Dogs, but if they end up giving us a better version with full game pad support, better graphics then last Gen, I'd be happy.

But, I understand the disappointment.

No, Nintendo gamers don't but gimped half assed crap that third parties chunk at them. I've played ZombiU, it's an extremely tedious game. Great concept, but it's not exactly a fun game and just because they utilized the gamepad well doesn't mean the game itself was good. I have no problem with game delays, they happen, but do what they would do in any other situation and push every version back to treat them equally or don't come around crying about how poorly the Wii U version sold when they cripple it.

pNgecl.gif

#45 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

No, Nintendo gamers don't but gimped half assed crap that third parties chunk at them. I've played ZombiU, it's an extremely tedious game. Great concept, but it's not exactly a fun game and just because they utilized the gamepad well doesn't mean the game itself was good. I have no problem with game delays, they happen, but do what they would do in any other situation and push every version back to treat them equally or don't come around crying about how poorly the Wii U version sold when they cripple it.

That's my problem with what your saying. They haven't done that. I don't even think Ubisoft would say that. Now, others will say it for them. Sure. But, I don't think Ubisoft will say that.

Even if they do, you're stating that they have said it, which is my problem.

I've even said, as well, if they end up delaying the Wii U version, and it isn't better and use the game pad, I'd be disappointed and upset. But, I'm stating it in a way that shows I understand it may not be like that.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#46 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

That's my problem with what your saying. They haven't done that. I don't even think Ubisoft would say that. Now, others will say it for them. Sure. But, I don't think Ubisoft will say that.

Even if they do, you're stating that they have said it, which is my problem.

I've even said, as well, if they end up delaying the Wii U version, and it isn't better and use the game pad, I'd be disappointed and upset. But, I'm stating it in a way that shows I understand it may not be like that.

Just wait, it'll come eventually.

pNgecl.gif

#47 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

Visuals and performance somewhere between last gen and PS4 could be a really good port. You never know, the Wii U version could be the best with gamepad support as standard.

If companies don't support a console I like then why should I support Ubisoft or EA, that's why I'm going out my way to avoid them from now on.

I already do that to EA, i just added WB to that list because of Arkham origins and getting skimped on injustice DLC and ultimate edition. I REALLY would hate to have to add Ubisoft to this list, because i do like Prince of persia and Assassins creed, but supporting good and true Customer Service >>>>>>>  playing a game, and yes providing a quality game as promised on a timely manor with full support is a form of customer service.

#48 Prince AKR

Prince AKR

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • NNID:TheAKiD

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

Why would a delay make you cancel pre-orders? People deciding that they will not buy a game because of a delay or because of "ethical" reasons are feeding the company's distrust. If you don't buy their games, they won't make more. The smartest move is to show support, I mean, a delay is a delay, if it means we get a better game as a result do a few months really matter?

This is why I still plan on buying the game for my Wii U, also because it looks interesting.

No; that's what you call showing a company that they're doing is nonsense and that you shouldn't be deliberately treated unfairly against everyone else.

It's like you're some kind of meaningless, lower-class citizen to these third-parties if you're a Nintendo gamer. We speak with our wallets - and not putting up with Ubi's obvious punch to the gut will hopefully smack some sense into their heads - as if the whole Rayman debacle didn't do that already.

#49 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

After hearing rumors about the Wii U version being superior, I was kinda thinking about getting this on Wij U, but after this development, I might have to just go ahead and get it on ps4. Sucks that virtually no one is giving the Wii U a chance.

#50 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:17 AM

Ubisoft is hurting financially right now.

And they continue to miss the point.

It started with Rayman. Nintendo GAVE them Nintendo stage time at E3 to showcase their game, which actually excited many fans greatly. Around the time Rayman was to launch for Wii U, there was extremely high anticipation for the game and the wii U itself ahd some good momentum going.

Then Ubisoft delayed the game for the better part of the YEAR. Why? So they could give the last gen consoles the same clout with their own versions of the game.

This resulted in a loss of enthusiasm for not only the wii u (which was going through the post launch drought, which this game would have and was scheduled to alleviate), but especially for Rayman. The game sold poorly on all platforms. The superstitious called it karma. Business people called it bad ethics biting them in the back, and fans just felt betrayed, and ultimately indifferent. By the time the game came out, no one cared anymore. Zelda HD was out and Mario was nearing.

Enter Watch Dogs. The wii u fan base has been by far the most vocal in their desire for this game since it was first reveled. The ps4 crowd seemed more interested in the division, mgs, and second son, the x1 crowd can't wait for titanfall, d4, halo, mgs, and dragon age.

The wii u, precisely BECAUSE of the third parties being stingy, has so much pent up demand for Watch Dogs, it isn't even funny.

And Ubisoft is going to pull a Rayman again.

Watch Dogs will be released to underwhelming sales, bad reviews, and may even end up cancelled for Wii U since they THINK sales will not be worth it. This despite the money already spent on development...

Ubisoft may end up the next THQ if this continues. Splinter cell is good. Tom Clancy games are good, Assassins creed can only take them so far. And it's getting oooooold already.

Just seems like a downward free fall and they sent the repairmen to the wrong elevator. Losing money year over year over year is not painting an optimistic picture.

Here's an oldie but a goodie freebie to anyone at Ubi:

Honesty is the best policy, loyalty always repays in kind, and you should count the cost BEFORE you build. Keep your word, no matter what. Even if you miss a target, your customers will know they can trust you the next time (which, btw, ensures there IS a next time. Don't do this and there may not be).

Follow these seemingly simplistic ideas and you'd be ok.

Otherwise, feel free to abandon something that you don't THINK will make you a buck fast enough and feel free to become the next Zune/PlaysForSure campaign.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 12 February 2014 - 03:22 AM.

#51 noisemonkey

noisemonkey

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:05 AM

I pre-ordered the dedsec edition and hope it's not delayed too long.  Looks ideal for Wii U in terms of gameplay

#52 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:46 AM

I already do that to EA, i just added WB to that list because of Arkham origins and getting skimped on injustice DLC and ultimate edition. I REALLY would hate to have to add Ubisoft to this list, because i do like Prince of persia and Assassins creed, but supporting good and true Customer Service >>>>>>>  playing a game, and yes providing a quality game as promised on a timely manor with full support is a form of customer service.

I've added EA, Ubisoft and Activision to my list. 

#53 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

I don't get all this Ubisoft bashing. They make some of the best games around. Sure, they also make some pretty bad games, but so does every developer. Also, every developer plays the delay game. They've got to for financial reasons. I think they're a decent company.

#54 Merky Water

Merky Water

Motion Shooter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Contra, Mario Kart

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

They want excuses not to invest in the platform.

While I'll try to remain optomistic with Ubisoft... I'll say that's potentially accurate.  Lord knows it is for EA. (props to NfS:MWU though!)

LOGIC:
Delay exclusive to port to other consoles.
Delay multiplat on only one console.

Why not use Rayman Logic, Ubisoft?
Delay all versions of the game so you can launch the Wii U version alongside the others.

It is odd logic for sure.  Certainly makes me think a bit less of them.

Here's an oldie but a goodie freebie to anyone at Ubi:

Honesty is the best policy, loyalty always repays in kind, and you should count the cost BEFORE you build. Keep your word, no matter what. Even if you miss a target, your customers will know they can trust you the next time (which, btw, ensures there IS a next time. Don't do this and there may not be).

Definetly!

To the OP.  I intend to buy the game still and for the U.  While Ubisoft is certainly going out of their way to push me(and obviously others) out of their customer base ...whether purely accidental or collateral damage as they attempt to drive us to support them on other platforms,  I'll still keep my purchase intentions for this one.  Game looks like it'll be a lot of fun and really does look designed for the gamepad features!  Delay sucks... but what can ya do.

To the small army of ppl getting mad at Ubisoft and, in protest, are switching their preorders of the game from one platform to another... not sure ya really accomplished much.  If you are truely mad at Ubisoft(and you very well may be) then telling them I'll spend the $60 i would have spent on your U title on that $60 PS4 version of the game really didn't change a thing.  Ubisoft still gets theirs... and if they are doing this in a way to limit the platforms they have to cover, you've really just helped them out.

If you're truely pissed, don't get the game or, at least, wait 'til it hits sale shelves so their profits take a bite. 

As for me, I'm still interested in the game at U release.  I've not pre-ordered... but I usually only pre-order games if there's a juicy incentive to do so.

Some great games have hit the U from Ubisoft.  Assassin's Creed 3(i bought all single player DLC as, while they nailed single player, they hadn't quite mastered multiplayer), Splinter Cell: Blacklist(great single player with good DLC... although still hadn't mastered multiplayer), Assassin's Creed 4(Great single player and FINALLY figured out how to work a multiplayer end! ...still holding out hope they'll give us some DLC on this).  Yes, they made more games, but these are three that enticed my wallet.

Merky-Banner_zpsfd81fed3.png

#55 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

I don't get all this Ubisoft bashing. They make some of the best games around. Sure, they also make some pretty bad games, but so does every developer. Also, every developer plays the delay game. They've got to for financial reasons. I think they're a decent company.

The Rayman Legends delay+ the decision to make it multiplatform & delaying this will cause encouragement. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#56 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

everyone is complaining about crappy ports, now they decided to delay the game to make it better and your are complaining ?WTF!!!

#57 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

everyone is complaining about crappy ports, now they decided to delay the game to make it better and your are complaining ?WTF!!!

No one says they're making it better, that's what's assumed when a game is delayed. With the lack of effort from third party's U owners aren't crazy for expecting some fate worse. Especially after the delay and multi-platting of Rayman Legenda and gimmep ports.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#58 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

lol...

keep%2Btrolling.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#59 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

I would agree with you in some cases but in this case I don't know if they're doing it for game improvements.

#60 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:15 PM

Mahmood, if that was the case then they would've delayed all the versions. But they haven't, just the Wii U version. This could only mean two things:

1) Ubisoft doesn't think that the Wii U is a viable platform, and is holding it back so sales on other platforms prosper (we've already seen swing buyers because of this delay).

2) Technical difficulties. They probably still haven't managed to get what they want to get on the Wii U version to work as they intend it to.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!